Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1210
  1. Default

just cap at a comfortable level. All this capping nonsense is for people who were damage whores and insisted lowest stats possible was the way to go. just try to keep STR as low as possible, but not limiting yourself from doing a whole bunch of stuff. My strength is capped at 90 base because my bowmaster was made before 3rd job came out.

2. Default

So, I was raging for quite some time after hearing that snipe could miss with BB's accuracy formula since I believe that took out the potential of "survival mode" training where you could OHKO and be OHKOed having to find proper sniping locations and moving as required. I was hoping for something similar to the gatekeeper maps for that.

But yesterday, I was still able to Snipe-Miss-Kill the lvl 200 JQ pigs inside that farm quest area. I got to thinking, "maybe it still works, but just shows up as a miss for higher mobs"?

I plan on testing it myself later, but I just don't have the time this week and it's nagging at me. Could someone in the 12X-133 range try sniping skeles to see if they die?

3. Neon Atom
    IGN: FluffyFoxxie
    Server: Bera
    Level: 18X
    Job: Marxman
    Guild: RedShift
    Alliance: Purified
    usa

No need to test. Snipe never misses, that has always been true. It doesn't matter what number shows up (even MISS) because it always deals slightly lower than 1m to regular mobs, and 500k exactly to bosses.

4. Default

Then someone must have misled me back when BB first came out in KMS. I swore someone said the acc formula change affected it and that there were back-ups to that claim.

I only wanted a test to further disprove that comment. Now I would also like to know if this Absolute over acc still holds true post-chaos as it would take a great deal of the issues I have with the change away.

5. Default

Did anyone else notice that final attack has the 100atk limit when you attack from one spot? Even when used with hurricane. Hurricane will continue to work but the final attack animation stops after a while unless you move to reset the attack count. You need to reset it quite often since final attack activates a lot with Hurricane. If bowmasters want to use their full damage potential keep this in mind. Maybe im just seeing things, if would be nice if others can confirm this.

6. Default

It was posted here, zhuzhu

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=35766

7. Default

pretty much confirmed by a number of people on every forum on maplestory. But there shouldn't be an instance where you should be standing for that long without moving. unless you get REALLY lucky at boss fights and don't take damamge for liek 1 minute.

8. Default

Tested with a 14x at Toad boss and it hit =O

9. Default

So I go wacky and maxed snipe at early level
    snipe still can ohko all non-boss mob, ignoring level and accuracy
    besides skele, I also test in neo city "bosses", ohko the lvl 17x spaceship like thing with 999k (suppose to be 500K const)
    they must forgot to flag them with boss attribute

cool down is b/w 5-10 sec thou... hope it is not intended

why i max snipe

10. Default

didn't want to start a new thread, so i'll just post this in here.

i'm level 67 right now, planning on getting to around 75 today. are jesters a good spot for me to go to now? i've been at robos/master robos since 60 and if i have to i could stay here but i was wondering if there is anywhere better, especially since i don't want to have to switch training spots during 2x today.

11. Default

For BM's and WH's, are there any post BB maps that work really well only using Hurricane?

12. Default

Bains at the armory seem to be good. I think they're level 136.

13. Neutron

IGN: Krytie
    Server: Windia
    Level: 11x
    Job: Mechanic
    Guild: Digitalis
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    usa

Do any of you other bowman know a good place for a mid 13x Marksman to get EXP outside of 2 paps a day and the occasional Zak arm?

14. Default

Post BB, which has better damage? Max Arrow rain or level 1 Hurricane?

Edit: nvm, I did some math and the jokes on you wild hunters! Both AR and Inferno can outdamage Hurricane. Altough it is still very fast..
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2011-02-04 at 09:49 AM.

15. Default

I've heard Rextons/Brextons and Lycans are pretty good to train on.

16. Default

Vengance looks like a bad skill now but I have not seen it maxed.
    Last edited by Pikamemnon; 2011-02-08 at 12:20 PM.

17. Default

I second this ...
    I did max it and used it for a few days then reset the points back out of it with one of the free hot time scrolls. I was expecting something like Aran's body pressure - I really didnt see anything with it.

18. Default

I'm not sure of how many Wind archers are around here but I am wondering what is their main training skill from 70 and up?

19. Default

They use Arrow Rain and Wind Piercing, like a Pre-BB Sniper would use Iron Arrow and Arrow Eruption.

20. Default

Arrow Rain into Scarecrows, into Jesters, into MP3. Then when you get Hurricane at 100, you Arrow Rain some more at Pirates/MP3 unless you decide to go to LHC at 110, then you can use Hurricane.

Wind Piercing is useful too, it's just more situational since it's one direction, hits 6 (rather than 10) and slower.