Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
  1. Default

The min. MP formula is 148+Level*14 base MP

2. Default

For Nest Gollems dmg, I'll refer to a post on SW on my "where to train guide":

Of course, this archer (Hiyochan) has other equips on, which will lead me to assume that the dmg with no def is a bit over 3k max. If I were in Leafre, I'd go check myself but Im in aqua so... yeah =X

3. Default

For skills I currently have 21 AE, 5 MB, and 2 Strafe at level 79. When would it be wise for me to move from Pirates to Gobi's? Also, would it be wise to put 6 into Puppet now? or wait until I have 11 Strafe and 1 Blizzard?

4. Default

id say stick to pirates till your strafe is lv 15 or more. since you are going straight to gobis you dont need puppet yet. 1 Blizzard is enough to hold them in place. i would recomend getting that 6 puppet when you have 20 strafe though since it will make life easier when gobis go and fly away.

anyways id recomend

4 more levels of pirates so you have 21 ae, 5mb, 16 strafe, 1 Blizzard.

go to gobis and keep pumping strafe to 21. by 86 you would have 21 strafe 1 puppet.

87- 2 more in puppet,1 ae
    88- 3 puppet.
    89-91 max ae, 1 strafe
    92-94 max strafe, 1 point.

from hereon id recomend working on Blizzard over puppet or eagle. perhaps a lv 9 puppet if 6 isnt cutting it for you. personally i had lv9 puppet till i had everything else maxed including MB, eagle and lv 21 Blizzard.

5. Default

Excellent information, thank you very much. I figured that was the build I should use, but people kept telling me 6 in Puppet was important, even though I feel more damage from Strafe right away would benefit me more. Thank you very much!

6. Default

I wonder... does Sharp Eyes drop from any type of sharks? I want to get a headstart in hunting, despite it being extremely futile because of the extremely low droprate.

Also any tips for speeding up Purple squid training? I can't seem to get any faster than ~8%/hour at level 97... My damage range is 10xx-18xx if that helps any.

Thanks in advance =)

7. Default

se 20 drops from cold sharks (the light blue ones).

8. Default

I always found the black squids faster mainly because I dont spend half the time trying to avoid magic attacks (as they do so little dmg... that being said they add up).

I've always found squids slow for training and would recommend going gobies instead.

As for Sharks, I've heard both reports: Some say it drops from the light blue ones, others from both. Im not sure what I believe but I dont think it matters much. Its not like you wont kill the dark blue sharks if they dont drop SE 20 (afterall, you have to keep up the spawn and whatnot).

9. Default

Thank you very much sir for your input. The only reason i train at the purple squids is because, i learned to kill them from my cousin (the sniping spots at least) and I don't have any knowledge of how to train at other maps efficiently

If anyone has any guides they can refer me please do. I appreciate all the help. Thanks again!

10. Default

i've been wondering. how much faster will wind booster make a marksman's strafe?

11. Default

i think it will be 6 APS but im not sure, ill get alex to math that out.

12. Default

Out of curiosity (sorry if this has been asked before and/or is an old question)

What would the 1st 3 points of 4th job go into (assuming you have all the skills)?

And can anyone comment on this skill allocation that i plan on doing:

1 Dragon pluse, 1 expertness, 1 hurricane

no level 1 SE only because i don't like recasting (i believe it has 10 sec active-ness)

Thanks in advance =)

13. Default

Doing 1 Dragon Pulse, 1 Bow Expert, and 1 Hurricane might not be a bad idea.
    As useful as Sharp Eyes is, it won't get any better until your BE is at a semi-high level.
    But by all means, please do get Sharp Eyes ASAP.
    The way I went at level 120 is as followed:
    2 Sharp Eyes
    1 Hurricane

Keep Dragon Pulse at 1 and gradually start raising Bow Expert, Hurricane, and Sharp Eyes.

14. Default

Instead of putting 1 to Bow Expert, Sharp eyes is to go. Even level 1 SE gives a huge bonus. 1 to Bow Expert however, not so much.

15. Default

Off topic: Welcome Oruny (another SW archer!) to SouthPerry

On topic: What I acutally did was not advance at 120 (cause I had 1 day of 2x exp left), trained to 90% of 120 and then advanced, so I really had 6 points to start off.

That being said, I did 1 BE (cmon, 5% mastery for 1 point... who can pass on taht?), 1 Hurricane and 1 SE (that I didnt use till I got it to 4 the next level... then again, I trained with a fellow bowmaster who had 9 SE so meh). WHen I leveled, I put 3 points into SE.

DB is a good option but there is something to consider: Can you find a warrior to NPQ with you? I know a lot of bow masters in Scania (the most plentiful, crowded server) that dont have DB because they dont have warrior friends to get them into Nath PQ. I got lucky and had a 120 Pali friend do it with me before she immigrated to Bellocan the next day.
    Last edited by Retalion; 2008-07-07 at 07:40 PM.

16. Default

When you said 1 Hurricane and 1 SoA, did you mean 1 SE? xfd

17. Default

well, i was just planning for the future, but i won't be reaching there anytime soon. I hope i have contacts somewhere in m BL to get me DP xD

My plan was to get the Hurricane, bow expert, and Dp first, then level to get 3 into SE and get to 10 ish (for timer's sake), i doubt i will be able to afford SE 20... so i guess levling faster would be the way for me to go =P

Meh.. i'm a really slow leveler in general, so no 120 in the near future (by next year perhaps xD).

The only thing that really bugs me is the timer for SE, by 121 i will have 3 points into it i can tell you that much =P

18. Default

Yes I did xP Thanks for pointing it out. Fix'd xD

19. Default

14 dex dark wing boots, any ideas on prices for those, server non important, its useful as an aproximate

20. Default

Are you buying or selling?

If buying, you may be better off looking for Facestompers. If I understand correctly 2 att = roughly 14 Dex, and you might squeeze more Dex out of them with Jump 60s.

Sorry if I misunderstood you.