Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Im pretty sure he's refering to pirates (as AE first builds cant go newties).

If it helps, when I was 83, I used 200 pizzas and 20-30 barbs in 1 hour, meaning in 4 hours, I'd use 800 pizzas and roughly 100 barbs.

800 x 900 = 72,000
    100 x 1500 = 150,000

150,000 + 72,000 = 222,000 hp healed(I think...someone check my math D:)

You're using 850 barbs, which would be

850 x 1500 = 1,275,000 hp healed.

If anything, your pot costs wont go down because you kill faster with better equips, your pot costs will go down because of the 150 wep def from the z-helm. Imagine taking 100 less damage each time you run into or get hit by the physical attack of the pirates. I would further cut down on the damage by using grilled cheese (+20 wep def? or was it 30?). I took A LOT less damage per hit than you so perhaps that would be the reason for the lower pot consumption.

Another factor might be jump AE/ARing. Can you do it? I was often able to avoid many of the pirate's attacks by jump ARinig away from it, so I'd still be hitting monsters, but Im not taking damage. That'll probably help cut down pot costs as well.

Hope that helps.

Off topci: Hi Apollo. I ran into you in game on Kevin's bow master earlier xD

2. Default

Yeah I'm training at pirates, sorry for not including that. I can jump shot 100% of the time, but I'm not sure how I should be doing it on this map. Should I be constantly jump shotting? or should I limit it to when they're about to attack me? I can afford the potion costs, and I still make a small profit, but it's pretty ridiculous. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to the training here yet.

3. Default

Well, it depends what you mean by jump shotting. If you're stationary jump shotting (just jumping up and down while AEing cause it looks cool) then that's kinda useless. Not only are you lowering your DPS, but you arent avoiding anything or hitting any extra monsters.

What I mean by jump shooting is jumping in various directions left and right. I find that that way, it allows me to not only avoid attacks, but hit more pirates (as Im in a bigger range now).

Yes, you'll be running into them A LOT at pirates. That's normal there. If you want to cut down on pot costs, then there's always the slightly slower "lure and snipe" method where you go across the map AE/ARing and then go onto the sail on the left and just IA the top platform to death, then AE/AR the bottom ones (Rangers can use rain but you're a Sniper so... =/). If you have puppet, you can puppet <<<< and then walk up beside them and AR both ledged (I havent been there in ages and cant remember but I think that's possible?)

psst Colum, you still have to fix up that chart on the rain first graph ;O

4. Default

This is the guide I've been using, and I train exactly like it says under the FAQ's at the bottom. I kill them plenty fast, it just seems like I get hit way too often, and luring them to the sail and sniping them cuts the exp gain down way too much.

Like I said, I can afford the training, it just doesn't seem like I'm doing it effectively. So the guide is obviously effective, but AE'ing then grouping six, I end up getting hit too often. How should I effectively jump shot to minimize my damage taken?

5. Default

i never got to use this method. i spent 70-90 with a FP mage in squids/Sharks.Ask Retalion

6. Default

Hmm thanks any way. Maybe I'm just complaining too much for no reason, but after seeing the numbers Ret posted, it worries me that I'm just blowing through potions entirely too fast.

7. Default

As I said, just jump away from them when they attack you. Touch damage < attack damage. Then again, at 83 with 21 rain, you do do alot more damage than at 76 with what? 11 rain? Being an old school archer who trained my late 7x-early 8x days at zombies and death teddies, the pot cost here was a welcome sight.

And Colum, I'd level that way from 70-90 too if my fire mages didnt keep dying when they were leeching me. It was like 5 minutes of misting at sharks--> brb--> 5 more minutes of misting at sharks--> graveyard-->3 minutes of sharks--> graveyard--> I give up, rofl.

yeah, B> pro fire mages for SE hunting plox

8. Default

lolol I'd go with hunting Pianus if I were you. Get some guildies to go with you.. or find some really nice randoms. That's how I got my SE 20 when they were 100 mil a piece. A random party partied me for my SE 10 and they said I could have the SE 20 that dropped ^_^. I can even go if you find some :D

Off topic: You saw me earlier today? Under what IGN? Might not have been me that you met ;o

9. Default

got my SE 20 from Pianus, took me 4 30 books though

10. Default

oh, other people go on your account? ;O I was on DualWings, lol. (I used to be Retalion so I think Ive run into you/partied with you at vikings a looong time ago too).

Im guildless so I cant get guildies to go with me and really, Scania's pianus situation is a bit sticky... I dont want to kill my brain cells over some certain guilds ksing and looting SE 20 off a pianus Im killing or whatnot >_>

11. Default

*omg Jack what evils have you committed on my bm f5*

Pianus is hella hard on a Bowman, and my archer had 4.2k HP at it's prime and I never killed it/witnessed its death. On the other hand, my priest at 9X had no problem at it besides needing 7 dispels to get rid of seal zzzzz. The people in my party laughed themselves into a fit =( ~

12. Default

I swear I didnt do anything! The Apollo guy said hi and I said it wasnt Kevin and that it was his friend Jackk!

And yeah, low level'd priests at fish/clock is hilarious. Spamming dispel... and by the time you dispel, you're sealed again!

As for archers at pianus, Ive never had good experiences there. I remember going from 45% to 0 once when I was 106 on Retalion xD

13. Default

Added Frequently Asked Questions, and a picture. Not much, but it's getting there.

14. Default

I went from 80% to 0 before and that was before SE/4th job came out. I just wanted to kill it since I didn't care about leveling at the time xD

But after 4th job was released, I lost 40% cause I had failure hp

15. Default

Just a bit of a comment but the Q&A/FAQ is a bit hard to read. I would suggest perhaps italicizing (sp?) the questions or answers or having a way to differentiate between which one is a question and which is an answer... make the wall of text easier to skim through xD

16. Default

Oh yeah, definitely, I just did it on Microsoft Word, copied and pasted and such. XD Gonna add color and other things soon enough. :P

17. Default

can someone strip nude (0 wdef) and see how much nest golems do to them? i want to ensure my survival down there. i have 281 wdef and 2812 hp.

18. Default

I have 288 wdef and it does a max damage of 2.6~2.8k magic damage to me. Touch is ~2k. So.. I highly recommend you level a few more times before you take them on.
    Last edited by Apollo; 2008-07-05 at 12:52 PM.

19. Default

Mostly because I'm too lazy to research this wherever it's posted someplace:

Whats the minumum MP forumla or bowmen? I'm washing the crap out of my bowmaster and I think I might be nearing my limit and not wanting to waste my new SP on it if I can't yet.