Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Default

I'll just stick it as 3k on the guide then. Hopefully no one gets killed by my "inaccurate info" =X

2. Default

If no one mentioned the 2700 before me, I doubt it'll be a problem :)

I personally didn't mind the deaths since I was at 0% and explicitly testing my survivability there.

3. Default

Well, someone mentioned that it was higher than 2.7k on SW and I was going to look into it but forgot to till you brought it up again =X

4. Default

I'd want to know if my attack range is normal for the equips I have and for my level.

I'm a level 70 Sniper, and I think I have a pretty low attack range, for the equips I have.

Spoiler

Note: I have no PAC or Zhelm, so I don't know if it's normal.

Can anyone tell me if I screwed something up, like stats?

5. Default

you have 4 int and 4 luk, your str is kinda high but still decent. you are good, your equips arent omgwtpbbq but who cares.

6. Default

wtp Carlos...my BM has 7x base str

I don't think his str is bad at all.

7. Default

Could anyone give me a very rough comparison of the damage over time between a marksman and bowmaster, both with maxed sharp eyes, expert/boost, and storm/snipe and equally scrolled equipment?

8. Default

@ Combanette: http://www.southperry.net/forums/showthread.php?t=472 would've been the better place to post xD

As for your range, I think its decent. The Jaeger is averageish and most archers dont have pink capes till later on. I'd say leave your strength at 70 and then use a z-helm to boost it to 85 coupled with the other str you'll get from a 4 str ades to use a casa when you hit 90 (though that's looking really far ahead xD).

@ Cyanne: I really have no idea, sorry =X

9. Default

there is a 10-15 lv gap. meaning a 16x BM can easily ks a 17x marksman. when it comes to dps on single targets MM suck testicles, no joke.

10. Default

But you like it

11. Default

Oh sorry, I meant on stationary bosses. If it's bad, how bad compared to bowmasters (half their damage? 2/3?)?

12. Default

Ah, I feel like my life culminated into answering this question.

I used my own Bowmaster with these equips. For the imaginary Marksman, I gave him a Neschere with 4 more attack than my Nisrock.
    Spoiler

Both characters are at level 162 (my level). I optimized their base STR, though. I lowered mine so that I could just barely wear a Nisrock without MW, and I lowered the Marksman's by 5 more for the Neschere. Of course, I raised their dex accordingly. Otherwise, I gave them both the same stats/equips. I used 2000 defense (Anego's real defense) for both sets of DPS.

The DPS for Bowmasters is easy. I calculated using 500 arrows a minute. The DPS for Marksmen was a little trickier. I took the average Strafe damage of my imaginary Marksman and had him do that 78 times and then added 6 Snipes (1 every 10 seconds for a minute) that average at 97000 damage (which is a number I was given my Marksman friend) to total 84 shots in a minute.

Bowmaster general stats:
    4441 Minimum
    5441 Maximum
    160 Total Attack
    973 Total DEX
    110 Total STR

Marksman general stats:
    4823 Minimum
    5915 Maximum
    164 Total Attack
    979 Total DEX
    104 Total STR

Bowmaster DPS: 74442
    Marksman DPS: 62792
    Last edited by KaidaTan; 2008-08-11 at 03:39 AM.

13. Default

Wow, thanks for the very detailed reply! I really thought marksman was an underrated class, and this helped me confirm that =] It looks like they're only about 1/7 behind bowmasters on bosses, and that's not including how much cheaper crossbow scrolls are compared to their bow counterparts.

14. Default

... Godly.

That's all I can say.

15. Default

apples increase the range between us. MM are not underrated we truly suck at bossing. i think pallys can do higher dps then we d o lol. also consider marksmen as the weakest of the ranged classes in maple, not counting magicians of course.

16. Default

Hmmm Alex, if you're going to factor in snipe for marksmen, shouldnt you put in concentrate for us compared with say ciders or warrior elixirs? (Then again, we have Hurricane compared to their Pierce, which is really... nonfactorable into this xD)

17. Default

im sure he could but hers poofed for a few days,at his dads i think.

18. Default

What's with you Windian archers and computer/net problems.

Carlos at the opening on SouthPerry
    Alex now
    You at Tespia v3

19. Default

lol he just went to visit his dad (whom i don't believe has net access)

Carlo's internet and computer are made from coconuts and i was just unlucky.

20. Default

KaidaTan prvoed the point, that's around what it would be. Concentrate would be active 1/3 of the time, thus averaging as 8.666 more attack, so figure the BM would be around 4% stronger after wdef.

Also, there was warrior elixirs, 118+2+4+14+10 = 148+12 = 160.