Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Neon Atom
    IGN: xLoveHatex
    Server: Khaini
    Level: RIP
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: TurtleHeroes
    Alliance: KhainiHeroes

I'm not sure I understood your question but imo, Poison brace will only serve to get you to the point where your poison mist is useable. I'd max everything else but brace.

On the other hand, I think you wanted to know what to max next...not what to max period. I'd suggest maxing tele over getting mp eater. Maxing Teleport will save you more mp costs than the measly mp eater will.

2. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HA!
    Server: HA!!
    Level: I'm
    Job: plagiarizing
    Guild: overused
    Alliance: internet memes!!1!

max tele and slow?

3. Neon Atom

Yes, max teleport first, then max mp eater and finally, slow.

Most people get poison brace though -- mostly so that they can level faster from 65-75 where mist is not quite usable just yet. So make sure you've made up your mind about going the no brace path because leveling is gunna be really slow before you get mist.

4. Flatpanel TV

ive never seen anything that says to max mp eater.

i guess, tele -> slow -> whatever's left into brace

unless brace goes somewhere else...

5. Default

hi, i have a i/l mage lvl 40 with max lightning, 1 tele, and 1 mp eater. would it be good if i max tele > mp eater > medi > slow > then the rest in cold beam? thanks! :D

6. Default

That's almost what I did, except I put Medi before MP Eater. But yes, if you're training with Thunderbolt all the time, Thunderbolt -> Teleport and the rest doesn't really matter.

7. Neon Atom

The modern day fp mages generally go for brace just for the level-up speed boost in their late 6x's to mid 7x's. Since FP mages really dont use much of MP eater (you're misting, not constantly hitting), they generally just drop it altogether.

My recommended build is a bit more of a traditional build, which is why the idea of it sounds a bit odd. I raised a traditional FP mage back when all the new fancy pq's weren't out.

Looking back, lol I misinterpreted your original question [again]. I thought you wanted to drop slow; I'm not sure why I thought you wanted to max mp eater. Sorry. ^^;

---------

Calvinist, yeah, most mages who plan on hitting 4th job are dropping their cold beams. And contrary to popular belief, lit, if used smartly, won't end up being -that- expensive.

8. Flatpanel TV

Thanks! ^.^

9. Default

randompeep, because you maxed meditate instead of teleport, you might as well just take teleport next, followed by slow, then mp eater. Brace will probably be too expensive/inefficient without teleport, and if you max it at level 64, it'll already have outlived some of its usefulness.

10. Flatpanel TV

final question.

tele -> poison brace -> slow?

11. Default

Either that or teleport -> slow -> eater -> 11 free points

12. Flatpanel TV

Thanks. I saw the (now outdated) builds on Maplewiki, and since this was my second character (the first screwed up), I never saw the NLC pots till too late.

13. Default

hm..since our elemental weapons have different name than the MSEA ones..does anyone know what is the correct name for the Orb of Fire Wand in GMS?

14. Default

Everything is labeled by numbers (Elemental Wand 8, etc.). The only way to tell is is a mage can hold one to test damage or try to see what color the crystals inside are (purple = poison, red/orange = fire, light blue = lightning, darker blue = ice) but that's not very helpful.

15. Default

=( I know ive been saying i want the 130 wand with red in the middle.. because i dont know the name.. LOL ><

16. Flatpanel TV

Plus, they are glitched, so they give no elemental penalties, but no bonuses. Gee, thanks, Nexon.

oh btw, which is better, a maple lama, or an umarusuma? I am in the process of making one.
    Last edited by randompeep; 2008-08-18 at 09:32 AM.

17. Default

The Umarusama has 4 more average base MA, so if you can make one, and you're a reg luk mage, go for it. If you're making one to scroll for godly, I'd say Lama.

18. Flatpanel TV

when do you cap luk, and is it 1 or 2 luk per lvl?

19. Default

I am in Yollande, lvl 54 lukless cleric with limited funds, training 12 hours a day on 4x. My main problem is that I need to switch training maps every day, but I lose ~2 hours a day before I realize that the XP gain has gotten too slow to stay there. This is what I was hoping to get some help on.

I have found the training reference here useful, but I don't believe it takes into account the newest maps, and I'd like to know if there's anything good that Heal will kill. I will not touch Bigfoot, (parties and whatnot,) until the glitch is patched. I would also prefer to avoid Voodoes/Hoodoes because there is no way to train there for a decent period of time without KS wars, which I personally feel are a waste of 4x. I was hoping to know which maps are good from 50-60, 60-70, 70-80, and lvl 80-90; I am currently training on Wraiths, and if I stay there I'll be lvl 58 by tonight. I usually train alone, and a lot of the higher lvl maps call for DKs, which are generally not available in Yollande. I am particularly interested to know which maps yield decent XP per hour while making up in drops for the potions used. Thank you in advance for your help.

20. Default

Keep going for wraiths. If your eyes start to bleed, you could try zombies.

Elemental wand 5.