Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Neutron
    IGN: Darklai
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 12x
    Job: I/L Kweh <3
    Guild: FinalFantasy
    Alliance: Chemmis

Thank you sir ^^ I'll keep this in mind then.

2. Neon Atom
    IGN: xLoveHatex
    Level: RIP
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: TurtleHeroes
    Alliance: KhainiHeroes

Don't forget, Sky Nest II is a goldmine for I/L archmages and bishops.

I think this is a fact that shouldn't be neglected if you're worried about income. And why not? EXP at sky nest earlier on isn't so bad in your 12x's. Just make sure to npc everything you find besides drops that are worth more in fm (eg. DR, lvl 80 thief set).

3. Default

A level 1 blizzard will help you level to 130 with ease. Once you're 130, THEN think about adding more points into blizzard. Blizzard is tricky. More blizzard means more but it also means more MP and also means a higher chance of death.

Red wyverns are only suitable for ice strike, not blizzard. Blizzard will kill you there. Besides, once you have blizz, go to harps instead.

4. Neutron
    IGN: Darklai
    Level: 12x
    Job: I/L Kweh <3
    Guild: FinalFantasy
    Alliance: Chemmis

Thank you for the imput, my two fellow Khainians. :P Guess I'm ditching my wyverns at 120 after all. XD

5. Neon Atom

LOL It's true, you have no idea how many times i've "oops .. sorry.. i um .. lost you 10% ^^;" on butterfli's arch mage (hes luckless). You don't find the extreme mp consumption to be bad until it kills u and ur still sitting there staring at the pretty tombstone that fell over ur head. I have to admit though, I was a bishop-to-be back when I um .. "oops'd" on his arch mage. So it might've been because massive mp consumption was a new concept to me since it really was my first time using a massive mp consumption skill.

Which brings me to my point: Sky Harps can also serve as a useful map to help u get used to blizzard, since they dont hit you quite as hard as newties do. And I know it sounds really dumb, but that's something you can consider if death frustrates you like it does to many people.

6. Default

Depending on how strong you are, you ditch wyverns in the 11x. Peak becomes faster.

I've actually never died blizzing newties but died a few times at harps. Harps actually move around. While casting blizz, the monsters are free to zoom around and ram into you a few times before the animation finishes. At newts, you're only controlling the one ledge newt and it doesn't move. I find it harps to be just as dangerous as newts.

You only "oops -10%" twice. All the other times, you ate my charms.
    Last edited by butterfλi; 2008-07-19 at 02:10 AM.

7. Neon Atom

lol I meant to get you back the 10% till I died trying. >.> And then it was like "yeah, i think he'll prefer to see -20% than he would -30% or something"

Personally, at newties, I've never died there from reasons beyond chatting or rare [super] lags.

8. Default

My opinion. Leave doom at lvl 3. Its a toy, nothing more. Max ER, max your dragon, rest of points to door. If you continue to play the priest into your 18x you will have even more points left over from 4th job to put in any place you want. (I maxed my door and increased some other 2nd job skills and STILL have sps left)

Reasons........Max dragon because there are places that it has better range than bahamut. The bahamuts HORIZONTAL range is a lot less than sd. Also, sd isn't holy based and bahamut is. SD is used by bishops at zak and ht, bahamut is just annoying because it hides everyone.

A longer door will be a benefit to you at higher levels. It allows you to actually use it yourself, rather than just being a door mule for your friends.

All that said, its your char, play it the way you want, its about having fun and really, the diff between the skills you are talking about isn't gonna make or break your char.

9. Default

isnt there anyway a 77 ice mage can party with someone and get decent exp?

i just hate soloing its the worst thing i know xO

10. Default

Hoodoos are basically what you should be doing at 77... Or himes if you have a nice friend ;p. But you can easily go to Death Teddies with a priest and split the map, or have the priest follow and heal the Death Teddies as you freeze them.

11. Default

Fire/Poison:
    What do you find more useful, Meditation or MP Eater?
    I have to choose to only max one, so, which should it be?

12. Default

Hey thanks for the answers =] it helped me =)

13. Default

Meditation. That attack boost will help, even if only a little. Yes, I know it can be "replaced" with the wizard elixirs, but if you max MP Eater (saving money) then go and spend it on those, it defeats the purpose.

MP Eater won't save you much in the later levels anyway =o

~Lyssa

14. Neon Atom

Meditation definitely.

From my experience, MP eater is helpful in the pre-misting stages when you're actually hitting till something dies. But after you get your mist to a decent level, all you're doing is running around hitting things only once before you move on to another target where, once again, you hit them once and then move on.

hope that helps.

15. Lightbulb

Ok. Im starting a mage. Caping luk at around 50 for calas ect.

anyway, i was wondering what i should buy to the equivalent to like att wg with warriors?

(there isnt any what to buy thread so...

16. Default

int earrings.

priority order:
    weapon > earrings > cape > overall > helm/gloves int/matk

weapon is #1 because you need something to attack with.
    earrings because its 60% scrolls gives 3 matk total.
    cape's 60%s just gives 2 int which is just 2 matk which is barely anything.
    overalls are expensive so only go for them if you got money (you'll need them eventaully though)
    helm and gloves are last because they are the rarest to find and thus, most expensive.

though, there is no "equivalent" because watk is a multiplier and matk is just additive. 1 int = 1 magic. 1 matk = 1 magic. so the more int and matk you have is just the better. not like warriors where 1 watk > 3 str so buy things with watk over str.

17. Default

I'm a level 43 Cleric. I have 28 LUK. I was wondering if I should just keep it there or increase it. I may lower it overtime, but to be honest I dont see that happening soon.

18. Neon Atom

Well, tbh, it's gunna take you awhile AND quite a sum of money to lower that. But since you said you don't see that happening, I'd recommend you to just increase it to the point where if you take into account of your equips and base luk, you'll have enough for your endgame weapon. Don't forget that zhelms offer luck as well.

Hope that helped<3

19. Default

i went with medi since mpeater idnt worth all the points that is needed to max it and it wont save much later on

20. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HA!
    Server: HA!!
    Level: I'm
    Job: plagiarizing
    Guild: overused
    Alliance: internet memes!!1!

After maxing medi, fire arrow, and 3 in mp eater, is it better to max tele, poison brace, and/or slow?