1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: 4th job advancement - Griffey/Manon

A skill has to be at level 15 before you can use the Mastery 30 book. Hence, you must use the 20 first.

Mastery books don't drop from monsters anymore. Mystery Mastery books might, but the chance of getting the book you need from one of them is miniscule (there are, what, 500 different 4th job skills in the game now? more?), *and* those books can fail.

2. Default Re: 4th job advancement - Griffey/Manon

I'm afraid those were removed some time ago. Specific mastery books were replaced by Mystery Mastery Books quite a while ago, somewhere pre-Justice/Renegades, and I think those books are replaced too, although I'm not sure. The only option now is either to find old books on mules, which should still work, or buy the Mastery Book 20/30s. Also, you need to use 20 before you can use 30.
    I personally don't play in Scania, but maybe somebody who does can help with the books?

One last thing: Nexon replaced the normal AP resets with full AP resets in the Cash Shop some time ago. While I don't know how expensive they are, they might be a decent option because I seriously doubt there will be anymore full AP resets coming this long after Tempest.

3. Default Re: 4th job advancement - Griffey/Manon

I tend to get unlucky with item chances, darn lol.

Yeah all I see is a single AP Reset.

4. Default Re: 4th job advancement - Griffey/Manon

Whoa dead thread

I have another question though. For Dark Knights, what's a recommended build without buying books? I'm at level 117, have 1 on Barricade Mastery and "maxed" Dark Impale at 10. So I have 44 points left over. I'm too poor for books.

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStor...80.html#001021

follow that build, skipping what you can't level.

however, i REALLY recommend not going into part two if you haven't maxed the previous skills, since all part two is good for is bossing, and you need a maxed sacrifice for that too. that money is better spent making all your damage higher. via final pact, barricade mastery and dark impale

edit: also, it's not that this thread is dead, it's just that it only lives when someone has a question. you could say it's a way to skip making a whole new thread for a small question

6. Default Re: 4th job advancement - Griffey/Manon

Alrighty. So I "maxed" Barricade, Stance, and Final Pact. Added 1 on both Sacrifice and Gungnir's Descent each as the guide optioned me to, now I have 13 points leftover o/. Should I actually be aiming for getting the Mastery Books now? Or...

7. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

You should aim to get Mastery Books, at the very least all the free ones you can get for the upcoming 40-60skill points or so. It should help you more than "maxing" others.

8. Default Re: 4th job advancement - Griffey/Manon

There is also evo world for 'free' mastery book 20's. Not entirely free, but they dont cost mesos.

9. Default Re: 4th job advancement - Griffey/Manon

So far it looks like these can give free master books?

Neo City Questline (If I could turn back time Quest)
    Lion Heart Questline (Luden’s Gift Quest)
    Silent Crusade Questline (Complete Chapter 3: The Long Road)
    Grand Athenaeum Questline (Mastery Book 20)
    Golden Temple Questline (Mastery Book 20)
    MapleStory Singapore Captain Latanica Questline (Mastery Book 20)
    Krexel Pre-Quest Savior of Ulu City Questline (Mastery Book 30)

(although Neo City is blocked off)

Nice to know Evo World gives them too, thanks!

Working on Lion King's Castle right now.

10. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

You should get a book 30 out of Lion King's Castle, since there aren't that many quests to obtain them. I think you can choose from Silent Crusade a 30 as well.

11. Default The prodigal son returns?

Hi everyone,
    I haven't played in what feels like ages, I think the raising of the level cap was just hitting the KMST servers at the time. I ended up stopping at 187 I think it was and just had a few questions before I get completely lost.

-From what I've been reading, mastery books are sold by NPCs now? I had already passed all my other mastery books sans Maple Warrior and Hero's will (if that one even had one). Since the dark knight branch was thoroughly redone, do I still need the mastery books for these new skills or will the skill cap transfer over?
    -Is the stronghold still the best place to grind until eternity?
    -I glanced over the skills a few times and is stance really at 100% now and passive? That's huge!
    -How are bosses nowadays? I see pictures all the time of max damage characters just solo'ing everything it seems. Are these the top 1%'s or is it easier to hit the damage cap now?
    -Similarly, have guilds gotten more useful?
    -It also looks like dark knights have a lot of room to max out skills (using this as a guide: http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStor...Guide-280.html). Is this a suitable one to follow up with?
    -Is there still an hp cap? Way back I remember 30k before hyper body but I can't recall off the top of my head it ever changing?
    -I guess most importantly, do people still play/enjoy the game?

12. Default Re: The prodigal son returns?

Answered what I could in bold.

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

Default Re: The prodigal son returns?

Some skills were "changed" and some are "new". The changed ones' mastery level stayed, but the new ones need new books.
    The books are sold by NPC Iliad in Leafre (by Mo), and by the potion shops in Henesys and Leafre. There are just two books: Mastery Book 20 (which is 100% to raise the max of whichever skill you choose to 20) and Mastery Book 30 (which is 100% to raise the max to 30). Yes, they work for Maple Warrior too.
    Yes. But tomorrow's patch brings us a new level 190+ area that is supposed to be better. We will see.
    Yes, it is :)
    Top 1% and even less.
    But the general attitude is "if you can't solo the boss, don't bother with it at all." Few people boss in groups (other than one person solo'ing and the rest being loot mules).
    Guilds now have some useful skills, such as revive and teleport. But those are for high-level, active bossing guilds, mostly.
    You get enough SP to max all your 4th job skills by level 140. So you don't really need a guide.
    It's 500k now, I believe.
    But it doesn't matter much, because the bigger bosses all have %HP attacks, that will take off 90% (or w/e) of your HP
    whether you have 5k or 500k
    Some do. Not as many as there used to be, but enough to not be lonely if you don't want to be.

14. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: The prodigal son returns?

1.Iliad in Leafre and the potion seller in Henesys now sell generic Mastery Book 20 for 3m and 30 for 5m that works on all skills.
    2.Some skills were carried over, some were not.
    3.It's not Hall of Honor anymore, but First/Second Drill Hall, as of now. The new patch this week should bring a new training grounds, however.
    4.Yes.
    5.The difficulty gap between middle difficulty and high difficulty bosses is way too high. The easy bosses are just incredibly easy, and the hard bosses are really hard.
    6.Yes, but that's what it takes to boss efficiently these days.
    7.In regards to boss partying, sort of. It'd take a lot to explain how boss loots work now. Guild skills have good utility though.
    8.All your skills are maxed by 140. Hyper skills are also pretty self explanatory, but you can ask if you have any questions.
    9.The HP cap is now 500k.
    10.Some do, some don't. It's up to you if you enjoy it.

Also, if you're new here, post in the Amherst section to introduce yourself, we don't bite

15. Default Re: The prodigal son returns?

Cool guys. Thanks for the quick refresher. I bet I'll have a million more questions but this should get me started. Glad to hear that those books are relatively cheap and cant fail. I'm guessing normal mastery books I might have laying around have depreciated in value .

Edit: Got some more replies coming in as I was pondering my "lengthy" reply.
    Tecul1> That's a tad disappointing about the boss difficulty. Some of my best memories were guilding against cZak and chaos HT when those came out. Hyper skills sound straight forward enough.

I did have an account previously (Surtr322), but couldn't remember the password. Email was setup for my school mail which is gone forever :(.

16. Default Re: 4th job advancement - Griffey/Manon

R.I.P. Basil Market guides.

Only current guide I found is Ayumilove's, and I'm stuck with skillpoints I don't recall why I kept. Like I'm at 29 on one skill, with 134 points extra.

I'm also at 140 now, which adds even more skills to deal with. >.>

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

If you're 140 you should have enough SP to max every 4th job skill. No need for any guides anymore.

18. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i REALLY need to update my guide, now would be great since i'm on vacation but since maple won't even open for me (nor the nexon site) i can't do jack ._.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...Guide-280.html

i actually didn't remember/know, you actually get to max all your skills by 140 now? if that's so you don't need the guide much but either way there it is.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon

Yes. In one of those "yet another hint 5th job is right around the corner" updates, they made it so you get all your 4th job SP by 140, and it is enough to max all skills. Still got to buy the books, though (unless you're a Cygnus Knight), so people with very low funds might still benefit from a guide telling them which skills are more useful than others.

20. Donator Straight Male
    panama

ooh yea now i remember that, i remember people still had to buy the books but forgot that everything was reduced to level 140 (because that's a LOT of SP compression when before it took over 80 to max) thanks a lot.