Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Spears can abuse Spear Crusher, which hits up to three monsters three times each, while Pole Arms will excel with Pole Arm Fury, which hits up to six monsters once (and might be a bit faster). Spear Fury and Pole Arm Crusher exist too btw, but for obvious reasons they're not as good. Fury only wins over Crusher if there's a lot of mobs, and typically in most training maps you'll find mobs in groups of 2-4. Also, since Pole Arm Fury gets the most damage by hitting the most monsters, Fury makes a very poor skill to use against solitary targets such as bosses.

One good thing there is to say about PADKs is that they can get sniping spots occasionally, such as Crimson Guardians.

2. Default

That will probably finalize my decision. Thanks.

Oh, yeah, it's probably not good to have my base Dex over about ~45 right? If I plan on having decently scrolled gear for Accuracy, using pills, etc.

3. Default

if you wanna go swords, it looks like you may have to skip (or have like 10 in) either powerguard or sword FA, either of which is fairly crippling for unfunded crusaders to be without. pg is a geat money saver and fa is indispensible.

i hafta recommend sticking with axes.

pages can go hybrid fairly easily since skipping fa is a real option for them; fa lowers slash blast's dps and mucks it up. but wks dont charge orbs and fa increases hit count per min by quite a bit, so its good for crusaders.

4. Default

Ok, I'm level 30 (and a spearman).
    I have 45 base Dex and 57 (or 59 with the level 30 overall) Accuracy total, so I think I'm good in that department. I can't really afford to be one of those 10 base Dex" warriors. I'm broke. :<
    I suppose it shouldn't matter too much, because the points I lose in pure AP Str should be made up by the fact that I don't have to have as much Dex gear, and I should be able to focus more on Str than Dex.

I really don't know what to put my points into first. Mastery or start with HB. I don't quite know how much the extra accuracy/strength from Mastery is...?
    Last edited by xLeviathan; 2009-04-26 at 10:02 AM.

5. Default

unless you plan to leech/hardcore your way to 40 and stop there forever, get mastery first. unstable damage is your most glaring flaw at the moment and you need to fix it asap. get some booster to taste before hb as well. a good build:

5 mastery -> 14 mastery / 6 booster (booster any time here, but do 2 lvls of 3 sp) -> 3 iron will -> 30 hb

max hb by 50, optional 20th point in mastery for +1 acc, doesnt matter which weapon you choose.

6. Default

You're thinking what I'm thinking. Sounds like a plan. :D
    Damn, I can't really CPQ well w/o mastery anyway. x_x;

7. Default

If he's listed everything: 20 Mastery (axe), 20 Rage, 3 FA (axe)

Then there are 78 points left. That could go 30 PG, 23 FA, 19 Mastery, 6 Booster. Fill up the rest with 3rd job points or SP resets. After the big 2 (Combo and Coma) are maxed would probably be the time to spend 3rd job points and get FA finished, Booster can wait until after Panic and maybe Shout too.

8. Default

thats a possibility, but i am personally against skipping 3rd job skills in favor of 2nd and thats the main reason i dont want to recommend it. 22 missing points and 3rd job is already 9 short of maxing everything. armor crash and mana regen are useless in terms of speeding training speed, but theyre still 3rd job and have small uses (ht, never buying mana pots again). call me biased.

9. Default

That's such an ugly build, though. Axes look cool and the damage difference isn't going to crush your ability to train or boss. My Fighter is pure axe and I have no regrets.

10. Default

In comparison to saving MP pots, the difference between sword and axe is pretty large >_> If you're gonna save money, do it by going with Swords.

I'd say it depends on the level range though, whether it really matters. From about 1-90, they're fairly even. The good swords cost way more, and they're harder to find. Then at level 90+ it just goes awry. A couple Fast 2h weapons, usable level 100/110 weapons... the difference in Brandish damage due to stab+slash is just the coup de grace.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: BuffDaSnail
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 15x
    Job: DrK!
    Guild: Irresistible
    Alliance: IrreForce
    California

Er, I need help with some things regarding my future DrK.....

I'm seriously considering raising a DrK this summer simply because I want to train a new character (and help alleviate the low # of DrK's that is wrecking Khaini ATM >_>).

Yes, I do plan to HP wash him (50 points, to be exact - done over a period of time). But what I'm most concerned about is getting enough acc to hit everything 100%.

I plan to leave base DEX between 25 ~ 40, depending on my needs. I was wondering, how much DEX should I try to get from equips so I can have accuracy between 148 ~ 160? Thanks!

P.S. My future DrK is currently a GPQ mule in my guild. >_>

12. Default

That's a lot of accuracy. The most you should ever need is 147, isn't it?

13. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

Well kinda. But I just need "insurance".

And looking at some dexless DrK's with 15x ~ 16x acc (saw one warrior with 17x) kinda motivated me to try going for that. xD

Also, forgot to post this question: For endgame weapon, Sky Skis or Pinaka/DFaltizan? And for overall, should I try to scroll/obtain a 2x DEX overall then shift to a top/bottom set?

14. Default

I'll probably shoot for 15X. Hopefully that'll be enough overflow to keep me safe. :<
    I have 45 Base Dex to make it a little easier on myself. Don't know if I'll reset some yet or not.

That's what I'm going for. The overall then top/bottom Dex. For the weapon, I haven't really decided on the pros/cons of a final weapon yet, but a Faltizan looks like the best choice from what I see.

I'm in Khaini, too. :O
    I bought a level 15 warrior from my RL friend for 2$. XD Decided, why not?

15. Default

Om nom nom nom

*cough* Anywho, if you two are planning for Time Temple monsters, consider having 165+ accuracy. It takes 173 accuracy to 100% hit the highest level normal monster, 180 accuracy to 100% hit the red bull boss, and 203 accuracy to 100% hit Pink Been and Hsalf. Just a thought.

16. Default

A really well scrolled sky ski should be a pinaka, but faltizans may get a slight edge. Either way, it's close. For training purposes though, the damage-per-hit weapon would probably be better than the DPS weapon, simply because it gives skeles less of a chance to laser you. The point is moot for me, as fury at my level takes too long to kill them before laser anyway (esp with 80 points in dex and 20ish more in HP).

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    California

(Offtopic: @ Kaj, damit you got RF30 :( )

Anyways, I also forgot to add that I'm planning to go hybrid since I personally think its unique to the max. ;D

18. Default

since zerk 30 is fairly common now it should be attainable to scroll a powerful enough ski (especially with box event) to kill in the same number of hits, or at least come to within a couple levels of str to match up. and skis mean ~10 less accuracy to worry about. dfaltz dont have 10 acc.

19. Default

The skis are an advantage for their speed, not the acc, although 10 free acc is always nice. Most DrKs by the time the weapon speed really makes a tremendous impact will already have all the acc they need. Anyways, higher speed + free acc is nice. I still prefer speed built in (<3 Arcglaive) and free but useless M.Attk. Considering making a BattleBishop and giving it my Arcglaive if I ever get a better PA.

20. Default

yeah but since really high acc while remaining really low dex is one of the goals, skis help. 2 birds with 1 stone sort of thing. thats my only point :P

eww @ battlebishop