Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Update] Weekend Hardware Upgrades

1. Default Weekend Hardware Upgrades

http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?...VQ&pageIndex=1

2. Default

I hope this means both more channels for Scania and they're recognizing the need for cutting of registration there.

3. Default

Sounds like they're just going to add a 4th login server to the F5 Load Balancer.

4. Default

they should just merger the empty servers and open more channels :|

5. Default

not meaning to be rude but...
    WHAT!!??!
    also we really need more channels...
    EVEN IN WINDIA. We just became realllllllyyyy over populated out of no where!

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

NO server merging. Server drama colliding with another server's worth of drama/people = do not want. More channels for the more populated channels will suffice.

7. Default

They didn't say game servers.

8. Default

I would just like to see 25-30 channels on the older worlds and 20ish on the 3 newest ones.

More channels = less KS = happier players = more 2x bought = happy Nexon.

Everyone wins cept the KSing assnuggets?

9. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Leonage
    Server: Scania
    Level: 128
    Job: Arch Mage
    Guild: LouisVuitton
    Alliance: .

aExcept me.... I can't find a map. 40 channels plox

10. Default

Jesus. With 30 channels you couldn't find a ch? What the hell are you training at.

I would find something else if I was you.

11. Default

How do you know that they're three and they use the F5 Load Balancer? (I'm talking like I know what I'm saying.. LOL)

12. Default

It is clear they underestimated how popular Cygnus would become. They will have to upgrade game servers soon. Today's 2x lag was the worst of all time.

13. Default

I wouldn't say that. It was quite often that the server would reach the max just during prime playing hours.

14. Default

I didn't lag at all.

15. Electron
    IGN: fatstarr
    Server: Broa
    Level: 184
    Job: PurePolearm Drk
    Guild: RiceRocket
    Alliance: Icallit Nintendo

nexon and installing hardware with no downtime... lol a miracle at best

16. Default

Yeah, but we are in Bellocan. The second least populated server next to Yellonde.

17. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Septher
    Server: vengeance
    Level: 172
    Job: ShAHHHdower

So, what's this mean? That we Scanians will be able to log in without getting the annoying "CONCURRNENT USERS IN THIS WORLD HAS REACHED THE MAX", but we'll still feel the same lag in-game?

18. Default

Because I wrote software to monitor them during server checks to be one of the first to login if I want to be. I demonstrated that this patch by claiming 3 FM 1 spots just because I could. It might not specifically be an F5, but it's a similar technology to alternate the login servers in a round-robin so they can funnel all logins through those gateways until you get to your designated world.

Since there are much fewer login servers than game servers, if the game servers themselves back up and won't accept connections the login server suddenly crowds too because everyone is stuck there and people start getting rejected. Nasty little choke point.