Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Update] Weekend Hardware Upgrades

1. Default

I see, I see. It's interesting how much you know about NEXON's servers. Well, obviously you can't know everything as you can't enter in their servers (but I'm 80% positive that if you wanted, you could XD), but you got to know a good piece of informations. I've always wondered how their servers worked in details. Like, what do they do to open the servers, etc.

2. Default

The important thing to understand is there is very minimal variation in the basics of how most server daemons work. They all have to accept the same basic flow of traffic, and they all have similarly limited things they can do with that traffic, ie: Handle the traffic, route the traffic, or reject the traffic.

The same basic knowledge that goes into setting up your home (or corporate) network can be applied to most of the internet in some fashion, so understanding how a game does things is really just applying that same basic info to determine what's happening on the other end of the network.

3. Default

Where did you learn (to do) all these things? Somewhere during MWLB application time I remember you saying you ran your own game or something?

Just curious. You sure do know what you're talking about. .

4. Default

Here and there. I soak up information fairly rapidly and am good at finding ways to apply it. Strong curiousity means I'm prone to reverse engineering anything that crosses my path if I have the time.

And yes, I've owned my own game since 1999. It's closed to the public now for a massive redesign while I try weave together six years of very different programmers and builders into a single cohesive and documented world and design.

5. Default

You'll never stop to amaze me, eos, you never will. Your programming and logical skills are amazing.

6. Default

Lol.. why did you even join Scania?

7. Default

LOL

8. Default

Because it was almost 4 years ago since I joined.

9. Default

Alas.
    No new login servers, they just added more RAM to the existing three, or somesuch.

10. Default

Well I haven't had as much lag anymore when logging in, so I guess that's the difference. However, I still lag much in game in all Scania channels except channel 19, only after 2-3 PM PST though.

11. Default

Almost no lag at all today, in game. Not sure if it's my internet or the game though.

12. Default

Hmm yeah, today I had no lag either. Don't know why it lagged so much yesterday then. Even in channel 1 I wasn't lagging, which felt really weird in Scania. :p

13. Default

Had a couple strange lag spikes (like 5-7 ish mins) today in Bera, which is very rare. Oh yeah, and Bera completely crashed tonight. I take it that's a bad sign?

14. Default

Not really related though if they only bothered with the login servers.

15. Default

Nexon does not perform any loadbalancing on the login servers. They simply try them in a sequential manner. After logging in, relogging does send you to the least active login server.

16. Default

I've experienced really heavy lags since when this happened, this game became unplayable. And yeah, it's much worse than what i had before this occured (which was still laggy to almost unplaybility but still reasonable compared to this). This patch sucks, i'll need to wait a lot before i'll be able to play again.