Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [Notice] MTS Fee Change

1. Default

well maybe at first, but i seriously doubt people will continue to list something over and over again that doesn't sell.

2. Default

the only true solution is to lower the number of things one is allowed to list and the number of things that went down from the listing (after not being sold) to a total of 5.

changing fees doesnt change the current situation

3. Default

You know, the fact that they even state "even if the items were on MTS before 7/28" kinda gives away the fact that they will all be changed eventually.

4. Default

They should stop trying to fix things that already work.

If they wanted us to sell less MTS items, they should reduce storage space. But this reeks of fail.

5. Default

If at any point this affects my "For Sale" items, I just may be off to another mmorpg. I make a lot of nx off ETCs at 110 nx, with occasional Scroll sales.

A thought does occur, though I don't strongly believe this change is for this purpose. Could this be Nexon's way to combat what occurred earlier this summer with the inflation?

If I understood correctly, part of the inflation reason (though certainly not all) was because people were transferring the bulk of one server's stock of an item (ex: GFAs) to another, thus providing a shortage on the originating server and then controlling the pricing of the bulk of the items on the transferred server.

With this change, perhaps this could either cost more for people attempting to do this, thus lowering the chances, or people taking risks in the "For Sale" section where tax is (hopefully) lower than Auctions/Wanted section. But doing that would likely have other people buy it and snatch it up beforet hey could have it, unless they try charging more for it but they'd end up losing more out on the deal still.

Just a theory.

6. Default

For someone willing to server change a mule full of Mastery Books (usually from new servers to Scania) to make a profit, the extra 40 cents on item transfers to securely move them through Auction/Wanted is gonna be microscopic. You can transfer items worth upwards of 2 billion mesos, and it all costs the minimum amount of taxes (101 NX previously, now it'll be 501 or something?)

This won't affect any merchant who regularly buys and sells items worth more than 15k NX - only the people who do more reasonable, small transactions. Which honestly is the majority of people who use the MTS... I guess this'll be successful in reducing the load on it. Earning NX 110 at a time was already going for a big loss (50% of the purchase price in taxes), now it'll be almost entirely pointless to sell cheap items in MTS.
    Last edited by Stereo; 2009-07-25 at 06:06 PM.

7. Default

I wouldn't have any problem if I could sell zombie teeth in batches of 1000, or 5000.

The problem is that this way, most items will not have a use on MTS to be sold. HOWEVER, People will instead use it as storage for those items they can't sell at that moment. See the catch? No improvement over their "reason".

8. Perma-Banned

IGN: I quit MS
    Server: but don't
    Level: see
    Job: why people
    Guild: exaggerate about
    Alliance: it...

I don't get why people are whining... it really doesn't do much of anything to the "Main" part ("For Sale") of the MTS...

It doesn't really stop "storing" either, but isn't that kind of a good thing....?

There's probably something I'm missing....
    Last edited by finalbragade; 2009-07-25 at 08:42 PM.

9. Default

People were whining because the way it was originally written implied that we couldn't sell anything in the MTS for less than 500 NX, which means a seriously loss of income for a LOT of us. But then they edited it because even Nexon forum goons started whining and it is not often that they remove their lips from Nexon's ass to complain rather than valiantly defend the poor helpless company.

10. Default

Where did they edit it?

11. Default

The bottom paragraph I am pretty sure was not as clear as it is now.

12. Default

Uhhhh no. It's the exact same unclear mess as before.
    Though it probably means that the 500 NX will be on everything, but stuff that has already been put on sale won't be adjusted to the new prices.

13. Default

Now let's see whether their words match their actions :P... still hopeful.

The problem is there are 4 types of items listed, they only explicitly mention 2:
    listed before July 28th | after
    for sale / wanted | auction/buy now

They say how the "before" will be, pretty clearly. What they don't say is what happens "after", except that obviously some of the sections will see a 500 nx minimum fee.

14. Default

Perhaps that's what the rest of the post is. Saying what will happen after.

15. Default

That's still speculation. The only option we have for clarifying the isuse is waiting. Repeating both sides over and over isn't going to magically make one right - only time will.

16. Perma-Banned

IGN: I quit MS
    Server: but don't
    Level: see
    Job: why people
    Guild: exaggerate about
    Alliance: it...

It says plain as day that the "For Sale" portion of the MTS will not be effected...

17. Default

Not it doesn't.

18. Default

Let's not rehash this again when it's going to truly be plain as day what they meant in about 48 hours.