Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

In Khaini, yeah. It only showed up for 30 minutes though.

2. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

In Bello also, i thought they just got tired of it :S

3. Default

In Deme as well... Probably due to volumes of people swarming into the top channels like usual. But curious that they would put a notice about it. Might be a problem with the servers, hence why they are fixing them.

4. Default

I sent a ticket asking if there would be a Rollback for hacked chars and they said there was no rollback planned for this server check. FML.

5. Default

Does anyone know how early it opened? =/

6. Default

I think it would be more fun say if they brought down only half of the chs to SC and then vise-versa.

7. Default

Most SC's aren't about the individual channels - They're so all players are offline so they can do things like world transfers and name changes, and disk cleanup and database optimization. All things they can't do while the players are actively accessing their files.

For the ones that are about the channels, it's just easier to take everything down together and bring it back up together, that way you don't have to take anything back down if you discover further complications and have to restart. It also ensures noone gets lost on which ones are done vs which ones still need doing.

8. Default

I see what you're getting at, I was thinking of Nexon ever wanted to do a "continuous service" thing. Then again, I do realise the risks involved in having characters online (altering the tables) while modifying them XD. But hey, can do to CS checks without bringing down the game :S.

9. Default

CS is a separate server from the rest of the worlds & channels - When it's down you can't get into it and nothing done "in game" can modify it.

They could do rolling blackouts for some server functions, but it would really just piss players off even more than doing them all at once, because you'd be forced to keep CCing upwards/downwards/whatever to avoid the next channel reboot.

10. Helium Atom
    IGN: Taikobos
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: Shinyuu
    Alliance: Cascada

Still no monster book compensation so its in the next one?