Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [Aran] Ask an Aran thread.

1. Default

Since in JMS gold and that fast level 90 boards aren't in, and I probably won't be able to get any of the fast boards in GMS, what are good alternatives?

2. Default

Gobies rock, if you have a bishop.
    They may be good when its appropriate.
    I need about 230acc to hit houses at 7x. ._.
    farfromthat

3. Default

How hard is it exactly to nail all the combos for successful training as an aran?

Is it 'throw a small animal out of rage' hard?

4. Default

What do you mean?
    It's pretty easy. o_o
    hit=combo

So mobs are your best friends, especially at high levels when your highest damage comes from a move requiring 30 combo.

5. Default

Aran's have a low base hp, we all can agree on that, so how does an Aran Pap or zakum? Zakum is a peach when it comes to stunning thus destroying the combo, I read on basil somewhere that aran's stand on the body so they don't lose their combo. Does that mean Aran can't boss efficiently until the very late levels?

6. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

pap seems to be easy
    [YOUTUBE]EqKhQL7JeC8[/YOUTUBE]

i don't know about zak though

7. Default

That video is outdated though. Smart Knockback was changed so you can't do that so easy now.

8. Default

She IS dealing over 10k dmage per hit, which is pap's knockback for all classes anyway, so really it's not that much different from a NL doing 10k damage per star or a bowmaster doing 10k per arrow, right?

9. Neon Atom

IGN: Kensidan
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 162
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: KamiSama
    Alliance: KhainiHeroes

ok, since no one felt like answering my question, i went and looked around. Google results give me http://www.ellinforest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3400, where they show the hp/mp of Kara, and its much higher then any normal level 200 could be, so its more or less confirmation that washing is possible.

And yeah, i didn't really doubt that you wouldnt be able to(given how profitable it is for nexon), but when someone mentions things like that i get worried.

10. Neutron
    IGN: SteelBrawl
    Server: Broa
    Level: 151
    Guild: Alien
    Alliance: Don't remember

From what I've heard, they get around 47 HP per level, so you could easily have around 6.5k by 130. Hell, get HB and you can already "hump" Zakum's 3rd body. The most important thing about party boss runs is connections, anyways. You're not going to be denied from a ZRun because you can't "hump" Zakum's 3rd body.
    Also, lolpap sucks for any melee class, but it's really easy to take the touch damage.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Hitting over paps KB constantly with NORMAL ATTACK is pretty much impossible even with her range.

Oh look, there's an annotation in the video of a video with her killing pap with the skill update.

[youtube]8wLGCpGZyaU[/youtube]

12. Neutron

Yeah. She does catch him occasionally, but not for very long. With an apple and or SE you could easily be able to, but unfortunately those aren't even in KMS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VYw1OWyagg (Youtube imbed isn't working... wat.)
    60k damage with body pressure at 1:45. Damn, Naricain Demon Elixer+SE+Echo+MW 30 anyone?
    Last edited by Amphigory; 2009-11-03 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Youtube's mean :[

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

That was already caught by me before.

14. Default

Holy hell, not even 5 mins for a whole Pap run..

I have a tiny question I'm not sure anyone has asked yet, as I don't follow Aran that closely.

Is it better to go out of your way and keep your high combos or just recharge it from scratch? Example is when Pap ducks in and there's a bomb somewhere over a distance away.

15. Neutron

Quiet. I'm not reading this whole thread
    @Above- You probably would just use Combo Barrier or Combo Drain, and the rest of your buffs, when pap goes to hide. That is, unless there's a bomb right next to you.

16. Default

Has anyone translated the exact words from the Aran Ring you get when you hit third job? Is it one of a kind? Scissor-able? Exact stats? Able to be transferred in some sort of way?

17. Self-titled badass
    IGN: Gambiarra
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 131
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Century
    Alliance: Foreigners
    usa

One-of-a-kind. Not scissor-able. 3/3/3/3 and 3 attack/m. attack. I am not sure on the DEF stats, because this is off the top of my head. It can be transfered through the bank, so it is only usable on characters on the same account.

18. Default

Is the one-of-a-kind per account of per character? Anyways now I might aswell just make 1 Aran because you can't get multiple of the rings on each character and it's not like I have separate sets of common equipment for each character.

I wonder if Nexon Korea is going to do more of these things. If each new class gives a ring with different effects it might give some choice on which equipment to wear (even though you can wear 4 rings). I really hope they are going to make more different and usefull rings, pendants, earrings, accesories and capes anyway.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Woot! After seeing the video changes, how overpowered are Aran now that they can't make bosses their peach anymore?

Would the Smart KB change completely make it useless if it's only usable in training now?

20. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Smart KB is almost useless in 3rd job training in GMS anyway, so i dunno.

Making monsters your b'itch isn't that bad.