Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
  1. Custom User Title
    IGN: Will
    Level: 20
    Job: Metalworker
    Guild: Boston
    Alliance: Massachusetts
    usa

People are free to post their opinions, so why not post them? Sure if it's something like "OMG U FKKN ASSHOL U RUIN MAPLE I AM GONNA POUR SALT IN UR EYES!!111" then it's unacceptable and, yes. Isn't worth posting; however so far the comments toward you have not really been that bad, so It's a good thing you aren't losing sleep over them.

You're new here so I'll spare you: I was being sarcastic.

Hackers are pretty smart. The people who download their h4x and run them without having any any idea how they work... not so much.

I see your shiny clear rock and raise you a piece of discarded tinfoil I found.

2. Default

I tend to dramatize my words, but the next part will be more meaningful.

What a coincidence! 80% of my so called "refutes" were complete sarcasm! =)

I emphasize on "not always." But at this point, we're both playing on technicalities, lolz.

*EDIT*
    /sarcasm

3. Default

I see your discarded tinfoil and raise you 4 teeth.
    *With a lisp* - Don't assp where they came phrum.

@ iCollect, no, hackers ARE smart. It's not a question of sometimes or always, engineering a hack to bypass or change aspects of a program takes logical reasoning and creativity as well as a sound knowledge of how programming works. The people who simply download and use these hacks are NOT hackers, they are no different than you when you open a program, they are just using the software given to them.

4. Default

Your example is no difference to people buying fake DVDs. What is there to lose? It works, it gives entertainments, it's a fraction of the original price.

However, at the end of the day, you're putting money into pockets of those incapable society menaces that leeches other people's works for their selfish ambitions.

What matters to you? Well, first off, you're killing the maker slowly. Secondly, you're attracting viral movements of these leechers. If one can do it, and is earning decent incomes out of nothing, why cant others do it?

If you dont value things, there might not be one things for you in the near future.

Personally, I was disgusted when I tried to buy a music DVD the other day. I went to 4 big stores in town, asking for it, and they said $4. The actual price is around $22. So I asked for a real copy. ALL of them said sold out. What a co-incidence? It costs them 40c to make a copy, and they're gaining a massive $3.60 per copy. The buyers are just as bad, they're buying these ignorantly. How are we to know that maybe in 2 years time, the company cannot survive due to this loss of profit, and next thing you know, you missed out something great.

5. Default

K, this thread is being trolled, and the mods are even involved. Can at least one of you close this thread? That would be great.

6. Default

I don't see any trolling, just people avoiding talking to someone who is pretty much unpleasant to deal with. Also, use the report button (despite it's lack of puce) next time

7. Default

iCollect= Ruined The Mapleconomy.
    Hopefully, itll comeback to punch you in the face, because thats how economics work.

Supplier manipulates prices, Prices inflate, People can no longer afford, Supplier loses Profit.

8. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: SumDingWong
    Server: Windia
    Guild: <3

Woooo, I see what you mean iCollect by this thread getting interesting, I decided to read most of it since I ran out of Air Gear episodes to watch...

@Milelke: The economie won't come back to punch us, we weakened it too much! /sarcasm. But seriously, what's done is done and if the mesos hack isn't fixed, what's done will be done for nothing, regardless who you are.

A possible solution to this will be a system that runs on a new Currency? Such as Apples or GFA themselves, these will not be backed by mesos, but rather on trust. <- USA's comeback from WW2 much?

9. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Agreed. Speculation attracted the truth, which people then b'itched, spat, and whined ethics at instead of trying to think of ways to fix the problem, eventually boiling down to trolling.

Waste of time people. The average age of people on this forum most likely falls into the 16-24 age group, the group of people in the world most likely not to care what you have to say and too stubborn to change their minds. Every post (even this; oh the irony) dealing with ethics has sought to change the way people think and act in order to accomplish some grand idealistic vision. Inspiration can only go far enough; action needs to take it's place once motivation has been created. I didn't see anyone trying to think of ways to fix this; just upset people giving up.

I don't think there's any problem with venting about an issue, but sooner or later you need to DO SOMETHING about it. Something that's not playing Ancient Forum Trade.

10. Mercury
    IGN: Setsuna007
    Server: Broa
    Level: 13x
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: KingdomHeroes
    Alliance: 4 guilds

I agree. I did something about it though. I logged a ticket. I know that seems like it WON'T do jack shiet(probably won't.) but at least it's something alerting the GMs that there's a problem.

11. Default

By that line of reasoning, programmers should all be able to easily obtain Masters in Economics. Understanding logic flow and coding is a talent, I admit, nor have I ever denied. However, you must understand that people who are good at one thing can be extremely stupid in other aspects of life. The term "smart" in particular is very ambiguous. Hence, when I was saying how they're not always the smartest people when I was replying to the economic situation that occurred, it was well grounded and focused on one particular aspect of intelligence. Please consider context because I find a lot of people don't.
    I'd love to sit down and have a psychological discussion with you regarding your bitter resentment and prove to you how illogical it is. =P

Supplier manipulates prices, prices inflate, people CAN afford and buys, supplier wins =)
    Read my previous posts more carefully before making assumptions.

On another note, $3.99 = 100m now.

12. Default

I actually agree with you. Merchants are not really doing anything unethical by raising prices. Essentailly all they are doing is investing in items when the price is low, and then reselling again when the price is high. They aren't doing it for the sake of being evil, they are simply making the most logical investment decisions.

Also since at this point there is not much we can do about it, we should focus on how we can maximize our gains in the current economic climate. For example, since the prices of dark scrolls are inflating, one could go gach at mushroom shrine and obtain some dark scrolls, and then sell them at the inflated price. When prices are low, you buy. When Prices are high you sell.
    Last edited by Moonlapse; 2009-07-07 at 06:43 PM.

13. Default

You seem to be someone who like to talk perspective. Lets look at what the majority know:
    - There's a possible meso hack. iCollect confirmed it, but it's heresay. He seems to know how it works, so the only people who could actually inform Nexon about it would be him. Why? Because we havent experienced it so it makes us no less than a moron submitting a ticket about a potential hack that is happening when we have no backgrounds on it.

So far, there isnt any decent idea on how to fix this issue yet. All that has been suggested is to "merchant". Whether it will help the situation or not, I'll leave it to you to decide. Many has already made their mind up.

@iCollect, all you're doing is manipulating your words to justify your attempt to save your ass. Nothing personal, but you came across as a dude who either know about this hack or knows about it at a very early stage. Thanks god that hackers are "stupid" as you called it, or else you'll be on the same boat as the average maplers when they outstripped you with their duped meso.

14. Default

Almost wish they would just implement item cost limits like the Runescape Grand Exchange.

For anyone who doesn't know what that is; to help put a stop to botting and meso selling the makers of Runescape, Jagex, literally had to take direct control of item prices and disallow uneven trades. Every item has a max and minimum price, and depending on what level you were you could give away/get for free a certain amount of item worth/cash per hour... Based on how much an item sells for (its minimum or its maximum) that price is edited to reflect the demand. Merchanters were pissed, because the wankers cant directly control the economy anymore if they have access to an entire stock of a rare item, but it made smaller scale merchanting easy as hell. Buy for minimum price, sell for maximum.

Its cool because the grand exchange itself is a place where you can put up offers for an item within its price range (maximum if you want it immediately, minimum if you want to save, of course) and it will automaticallly do the trade if an offer with your specified price is found...

Im just bringing this up because my bro just told me now apparently a few hackers just wrecked the economy and something like this might be necessary o_o... -starts actually reading the more recent posts to see if this was brought up lol-

15. Default

This thread has outlived its usefulness.

If another mod / admin feels that there's more to discuss, feel free to reopen it.