Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default

MP3 has a holy weak mob there, though it's half and half. Most of the holy weak monsters though are an alternative, sadly to say, though we could FINALLY make use of Extra D's.

Also, I missed a slot for 4 and 5 orbs in my table =/

I am leaning towards it being 1.4x damage though since other jobs have non-nerfed 3rd Job skills with fewer SP, like Arrow Rain, Energy Drain.

Alright. Since Advanced Combo changes your base damage for 1~5 orbs, but still maintains the formula used by Combo Attack, we can use these two tables to determine if Combo Attack Lv20 @ 5 Orbs does 140% damage;
    The following table would prove that it doesn't:
    Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    20 140% 143% 146% 150% 153% 164% 168% 172% 176% 180%
    The following table would prove that it does:
    Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    20 140% 145% 150% 155% 160% 164% 168% 172% 176% 180%

Seeing the formula adjustment to fit a 1.4x modifier for Combo Attack Lv20 @ 5 Orbs applied here, it looks much smoother and there's a less significant jump from 5 to 6 orbs in damage.

Current formula
    Combo Multiplier, 1-5 orbs = [Advanced] Combo Attack % + floor((orbs - 1) * (Combo level / 6)%)
    Last edited by JoeTang; 2009-07-03 at 12:21 AM.

2. Default

so Combo Attack > Soul Charge + Holy weak monsters in theory ? or is it the other way around?

3. Default

No, Soul Charge + Holy Weak Monsters > Combo Attack.

4. Self-titled badass
    IGN: Gambiarra
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 131
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Century
    Alliance: Foreigners
    usa

I forgot I had access to a level 92 SM with max combo. I had a range of 1331~2395 (he's stripped pretty much). I was able to get a max of 3174 plus a lot of 31XX at HHG. That is ~133% so the formula should be correct. I'll go continue to whack around though.

3174/2395 = 1.3252609603340292275574112734864

That is so close it is hard to think otherwise.

EDIT: I went back for some more numbers. I wasn't able to beat 3174.
    Last edited by Cancambo; 2009-07-03 at 12:15 AM.

5. Default

Alright thanks. This makes the sixth orb in Advanced Combo Attack all that more powerful.

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

By the way, elder wraiths are weak to holy. Yet another reason to do soul charge over combo.
    Last edited by Takebacker; 2009-07-03 at 01:12 AM.

7. Default

:D
    So, as the TS has suggested, I should leave Soul Driver at 21 first and max Soul Charge/Combo. Which would be better %-wise? The 9 points into Soul Driver or Soul Charge?

8. Default

30 SD 1 SC 1 CA does more % than 21 SD 10 SC 1 CA unless you have elemental advantage, but the difference isn't a lot. Only significance of doing 10 SC instead of 30 SD is that your non-SD damage becomes significantly better.

9. Default

Why has no one pointed out Brandish maxes at 20 yet?

Edit: Or does it? The skill table says 20, but it looks like in an SS it maxes at 30.
    Last edited by Kabanaw; 2009-07-03 at 07:35 AM.

10. Default

Because it doesn't.

11. Default

Oh look, an edit.

12. Self-titled badass
    usa

One reason I favored combo attack though was to kill goby houses faster -- the faster you kill these the better since the gobies were a 2hko for awhile. Having 7 hot soul driver helped a lot (killing the extra bonefish/house and 6 gobies). That is just a goby build though (even though they're REALLY fast). Gobies might be the best for your GMS people (I find it hard to believe you could beat 37-40%/h at 8x).

So if you need one-on-one ever then you might be better off getting soul/combo. It all boils down to where you train.

13. Helium Atom

IGN: GunsOnly
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Corsair
    Guild: Leaf
    Alliance: Honorbond

Finally i could ask my questions D:

it took me alot of time to set a build, but that's what i ended up with: (nothing fancy)
    1st job
    max HP increase,
    max PS
    max SB
    11 sprite

2nd job
    1 soul runner
    5 mastery
    3 booster
    5 soul runner
    10 soul blade
    15 mastery (MAX)
    19 rage
    4 soul runner (MAX)
    20 soul blade (MAX)
    17 booster (MAX)
    1 rage (MAX)
    dump rest of the points in sprite\iron body.

3rd job is just any amount of soul driver i feel like, max combo, max soul charge, save points for brandish and AC and dump rest of the points in coma.

i'd like to explain the reasons for this build though: from 30 to 51, ill be working on getting an S in LPQ and CPQ with a friend (that's going to be a well funded NW). if anyone has a graph or somthing showing the range of soul runner at lvls 1, 6 and 10 that would be awsome. i dont need more then 10 soul blade because i wont be fighting more than 3 monsters at a time, most of the time. (i'll be heading to WR's though the moment i hit 5) i'm really not sure about soul runner though.

comments? O.O

40%\hour at 8x?
    makes me want to get there even more.
    Last edited by Blup; 2009-07-03 at 04:45 PM.

14. Self-titled badass
    usa

First job looks good to me.

Second job: That 1 soul runner is really useless. It barely even moves you anywhere and since it is not spammable it will just be an annoyance. Also, never add back into sprite. It is utterly useless. At 120 I am still hitting like 400~500 with sprite at level 11. You'll also be in GMS. Might as well get soul blade before rage. You can use warrior elixirs in place of rage for awhile. Also if you're gonna do one-on-one then you'll want some FA.

Third Job: Why coma? Why not panic? I've never had a need for coma since combo's added damage > coma. I just like panic to show off my e-penis or I do it right before recasting combo.

15. Default

Small question here, but wouldn't it make more sense to put the first point into sprite? It helps you get through the first Cygnus quests really easily, and you're not really losing a lot of HP.

16. Default

I'd personally go with 1 Soul Blade at 30 for the ability to lure, and some lesser extend, snipe, first.

17. Self-titled badass
    usa

I forgot that I did that. It is fun to use and works a little bit to lure. Still isn't used much.

If you are ok with missing a little HP.

18. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

I came up with this build when posting in Maple Towers.

Note: I'm not going to bother posting the 1st Job build, because it is identical.

2nd Job

Note: This is a Rageless build. It may not be a decent build, but I'm not gonna deal with Party Skill Kiddies like I always do on my Crusader. This build is to max Sword Mastery, Soul Blade, Sword Booster, Soul Runner, and Final Attack, and finish off Soul Sprite. I'm still gonna be a Cider user, even if I make a Fighter, Spearman/Dragon Knight, or Soul Master.

3rd Job

Note: I am gonna max Soul Drive last, because it's an over powered skill. Kinda like Priest's Shining Ray, except it attacks up to 8 monsters 4 times. This build is to max Combo Attack, Soul Charge, Coma, Brandish, Panic, Advanced Combo Attack, and Soul Drive.

19. Self-titled badass
    usa

Commented in bold.

20. Default

for 2nd job build the only thing i would change is getting mastery to 5 then go 6 booster then continue mastery

the speed boost after level 6 doesnt change does it?