Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

I've trained through 7x at Roids, so the extra damage is irrelevant. It wouldn't help me OHKO them any more than I already do (or enough to be noticeable), and my 2HKO rate is considerably over 100%. lol I pumped Soul Driver because it DOES help my Roid training. Once it hit the 7 target mark, my %/h actually went back up, rather than continue to decline.

2. Default

I noticed this as well at Windraiders (I did spend quite a bit of time at Homunculus while pumping points into Driver, and may try them again now that it is quite powerful. It would still be slower than WRs, but could be effective. Anyways, I understand, and I'd probably do something similar if playing in a more populated server. I'm also tempted to go try Elder Wraiths as soon as I can hit them, but the damage from touching them is...offputting...

3. Default

and i can hit 6 w/ driver at 75 instead of 76 because i have 16 in it instead of wasting points on skills that grow slower on a per point basis. my goal here is to train with driver asap because it's much stronger than blade, but if you put points elsewhere your driver is weak for longer. i've done 46% of the level so far at golems because i 1hko and drivering windraiders still feels slower than blading them even though driver is almost at powerstrike damage.

4. Default

Like I said, I did it to speed up the earlier levels so I could get to useful driver levels faster. In the end, it equals out. I also train extremely fast at Windraiders with 8hit Driver by jumping and using it to hit platforms above me, sniping Stormbreakers while attacking WRs with it, etc.

5. Default

wow! nexon, im surprised at you! putting up a skill table! way to go!

too bad its inferior by far to fiels tables, which actually list what each level of each skill does for the skill. not to take away from your post, but http://www.southperry.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7806

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

What are the +% tables for just combo (0 points in adv combo)?

7. Default

On the right.

8. Default

I don't know why but I can't be happy with my training spots at level 5X's =.=
    C-2 (I don't know if time is just being extremely slow to me, but..) it seems extremely slow to me. I was thinking back to my old fighter and how he trained at FoG and that was the place to be. The exp is only a BIT better, and the HP of the monsters doesnt make a different.

Should I move to FoG and try it out?

9. Default

It probably wasn't even made by Nexon. There's a way to make your own things using the Mabinogi composer.

10. Default

I know a lot of you guys have posted your Skill Builds for 3rd job, but a lot of them have been shot down as inferior. So I was wondering, what exactly is the "best" 3rd job build?

11. Default

I'm fine doing this so far:

21 Soul Driver
    15 Combo
    Max Soul Charge
    26 Soul Driver
    Max Combo
    Max Soul Driver
    Save 21 points for Brandish
    Max Brandish
    Save 20 points for Adv Combo

In that order.
    After that I'll have about like 30 points? To use it on Coma, Panic, or whatever you didn't max in 2nd job.

12. Default

Wait..what?
    "21 Soul Driver.....
    26 Soul Driver.....
    Max Soul Driver"

O.o?

What about MP Recovery? Should I put some points into there?
    Last edited by y0y0y0y0shi0; 2009-08-12 at 11:43 PM.

13. Default

Outside of the area of effect practicality of Soul Driver, and the pure damage per cast, which are the main usages, you need it to be level 18 on mobs of 6 to out-dps Soul Blade, and maxed to out-dps on mobs of 5.

The greatest damage yielding build is 30 Soul Driver first, followed by max Combo and then 11 Soul Charge if you can't train on Holy Weak mobs.

If you can or intend to train on Holy Weak mobs, you should have 26 Driver, followed by either max Soul Charge or 15 Combo and then the other, depending on what level you can train at these monsters. So unless you can Hime starting between 79 and 86ish, I recommend you place 15 Combo first, and then max Soul Charge.

This build would allow for the maximum 8 mob training, as well has 5 orb Combo and maxed advantage for Soul Charge. Alternatives would place more stress on maxing Soul Driver, which would render all your other attacks weaker by way of lowering Soul Charge or Combo's levels.

Of course, there is also the alternative of not training with Soul Driver, in which case Combo, followed by Soul Charge would yield the best results. The only reason I can consider for this would be to Boss Rush PQ using solely Power Strike.

14. Default

21 Soul Driver for 7 monsters, and once I get a get a good combo get 26 for 8 monsters, max combo, then max Driver. Or you can just Do 21 Driver->Max combo->max charge->max Driver

15. Default

Ohhhh.
    -Fails-
    I was reading it as "Put 21 points into SD, then 26 points, then max it"

Mmkay. Well then that clears up that.

16. Default

i went:
    28 driver
    5 combo / 1 driver (29)
    3 combo (8)

currently 82.
    im getting combo to 17 (for the timer) for the next 3 levels, then lots of soul charge with the last 4 points to max out driver and combo tossed in when i feel like charge is good. i now realize i should have left driver at 28 so i could have my 5th combo orb 1 level earlier. =/

im not training at holy weak mobs yet, stormbreakers are really good and will stay good for the next few levels to bridge me to gobies, elderwraiths, himes, or typhons.

17. Default

Why 11? Can't you get it to 14 and then just use the SP you get at 100 to max Brandish?

18. Default

I said Max Soul Driver.