My friend really likes to make these, but I think... what is the point?
1) People who make MMVs rip off a song from somebody else, meaning the work is not really theirs... major plagiarism.
2) Big deal... you can type in the lyrics that you didn't write.
3) People who write their own songs copyright it and usually make their own 'real' music videos. What's the point in copying them?
4) There are way too many of the same MMVs to popular songs that it gets really redundant.
5) They're not difficult to make, so therefore are not major accomplishments for the maker. (Like for example, the recent movie, The Dark Knight isn't really original either, but it was a great movie. MMVs can never add such quality.)
The purpose of the 'arts' is entertainment.
Video's are made for the purpose of entertaining others. However, why bother trying to entertain others when you know that it's not going to? I'm not trying to troll, but seriously, if you're trying to do something, at least try doing a decent job instead of half assing it. D:
Most of the MMVs I see are the ones in which people merely type in the lyrics of the song... most of the scenes aren't even related to the song itself. Like, for example, some song would be singing about how cold something/someone is, and then you'd see the person typing that part of the lyrics in Ariant. -.-"
In art, a picture is supposed to appeal to the sight while music appeals to the mood. In a video, the picture and music should blend in order to give you an impression on what was happening during the time of the scene. For example, you wouldn't play happy music during a murder scene, because it wouldn't fit. Similarly, you wouldn't kill a video by making it bland and tasteless.
That's what I'm trying to point out.
So, having said that, what do you think? (No drama please.)