Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Default

It generally goes back five versions

So for 00093 you can get 00092 00091 ... 00088

2. Default

gMS Sample

View the Version.info to see all patchers available to that version.

3. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: shakar96
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 105
    Job: Thunder Breaker
    usa

How do you use the kMS patcher? My patcher never works and idk how to download it :(
    EDIT: never mind, I figured it out.
    Last edited by shakar96; 2011-01-14 at 04:12 PM.

4. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Thank you, and @other person who gave me the Version.info thing.
    Thank you to your too.

5. Default

So I set the ifbackup option to true, read a patchfile and only got the MapleStory.exe in the version folder. bufiles.txt did get written into the Patcher directory, but was deleted after patchfile was read. Autoapply was not optioned so I'm guessing backups only happen if autoapply is set true? Or did I miss something?

6. Default

bufiles.txt is a listing of all the files to be backed up. It being deleted after the patchfile is done means it's working as intended.

It should work and it did work for me with this patch. I don't know why it's not working for you. Did you use read or hijack?

7. Default

I used read.

ed~ So I used hijack, got the "undefined token" error for 'read:ifbackupfiles'. Changed "ifbackupfiles" to "ifbackup", ran hijack again, and nothing showed in the v96 folder.

myini

8. Default

The NXLite link doesn't seem to work for me.

If anyone else has the file and is able to re-upload it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

9. Default

Nice of my server to die on me with no warning.

God... what is it with hosting companies these days.

10. Default

I'm guessing you got it fixed since it is now working.

Thanks.

11. Default

They are all forged in the fires of suckage.

12. Default

I didn't really fix it.

/etc/init.d/ fixed it.

13. Default

Dear Fiel,

I tried your advanced patcher and it worked perfectly!
    When I tried the split command it worked also, but! What can I do with the *.base file?
    Can I look into it for the changes that come with it?
    Please help me.

14. Default

The base file is the Nexon-affiliated patcher executable file. It only contains the same algorithms that NXPatcher uses to patch games. Having the *.base file can help you create other patchers as you can specify which *.base file you want to use.

There are two different kinds of *.base files that Nexon made available at one point or another. One base file is the offline patcher and had the image of a ribbon pig and such with the patcher, and the other is an online patcher than shows the Nexon webpage. They're both okay to use. NXPatcher allows you to include either base file in your patcher by changing the INI settings.

However, I still recommend that people use NXPatcher since it tells you of potential problems with the patch file or the files you're patching. The Nexon patcher will just freeze and do nothing! This was part of the reason why I created NXPatcher in the first place. The Nexon patcher is not that good and many people frequently have problems with it.

15. Default

I see, before I used your pre-patcher program I always had problems with the patching.
    When EMS released V73 here we know that the patcher was broken due your program.
    Keep up the good work!

However, one things keep bothering me.
    How do you manage to sort the new data from the old one and present it in such nice schemes.
    There are so many files and some *.WZ are over 1G, do they have timestamps or such?

16. Default

They have checksums. See which checksums changed, then find the differences in those files.

17. Default

I don't get a checksum log after using the NXPatcher.
    The only log wich I can get is when I split the NXPatcher, but thats quite the unreadable stuff.
    You use a program to list the differences?

18. Default

Too complicated to talk about.

19. Default

I'd love to learn ;)
    Send me PM if you want.
    If you simply don't want to share this I totally don't mind that!

20. Default

How long will it be stuck on "Checking the files."?
    The bar is at 100% but it's not continuing after that.