Thread: [Aran] Aran Skill Tables

1. Default Aran Skill Tables

• July 20, 2009
      • Changed Final Take's requirement to Triple Swing, not Polearm Mastery
      • Changed Combo Ability - stacks up to 10 times
      • Fixed Polearm Booster's skill icon
      • Fixed Combo Drain's "Effect0" from not loading
      • Fixed Full Swing - Triple Swing's "Effect" from not loading
      • Adjusted High Mastery and Polearm Mastery to show the true mastery percentage and not the Wz value
      • Adjusted High Defense and Combo Barrier to show the true damage reduction percentage and not the Wz value
      • The "invisible" flag in the Wz files is now detected
    • August 5, 2009
      • Redid the tables to utilize CSS for centering cells
    • November 14, 2009
      • Updated with strings from MSEA

If you want to use these images yourself, please save them to your computer and upload them elsewhere before using! I only have so much bandwidth.

First Job

Second Job

Third Job

Fourth Job

2. Default

Third job skill icons are outdated. Interesting nerf to Body Pressure.

High Defense -> Achilles?

Nice to see the -3 Booster back in action.

3. Default

Fixed that bug. Also, something else to note - the Aran ultimates (Combo Barrier and Combo Tempest) had their required combo count reduced to 200.

4. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

For the moves where you need to use an arrow key <~ or ~>, is it supposed to be towards the enemy, or the direction indicated? Cause itd be a pain if you do it the direction indicated and it attacked the wrong way. a-@

5. Default

I can understand renaming Power Stance to Freeze Standing (Is that supposed to be a pun on free standing? <_<), but Achilles to High Defense?

Anyways. There's some sort of error for Full Swing - Double Attack; there's two of them.

6. Default

It's those singular buttons. You have to remember that by the time you can use those skills you're already facing a certain direction and attacking.

7. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Hm, thatll be very interesting to get used to.

8. King Father Unbanned
    IGN: Pendellin
    Server: Scania
    Level: 1XX
    Job: CB/Shad
    Guild: ZpykeKanyon

It's also interesting to note that they can master almost every skill. In order to master them all, they'd need an extra 26 sp, so 9 levels with 1 left over or 8 levels and 2 bonus sp. But really, that must be what growth meant, and also some freedom as not being able to have differing skills. Not that it matters much as most classes have only 1 or 2 working sp builds anyways.

And in my build, I left out whirlwind unmastered with only 4 points on it. 1 sec stun, or any sec stun for that matter, is useless as any other attack would unstun them. If it worked on bosses too, I could see it being spammed while other classes attack the boss. Possibly useful when fighting a boss many levels higher than you. Then again, permanent knock-back requirement reduction is a lot more useful as it allows basically any class to kb that monster or boss.

9. Default

All the 4th job atks seem really useful, especially the party oens and smart kb. And also, what does it mean by hidden?

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

You'll see full swing or over swing as one skill in the game. Put 1 SP into that skill and it will put 1 SP into both of the hidden full/over swings you see here.

@ fiel: Instead of the hidden thing, which seems to confuse a lot of people, why not just make it one big table?

11. Default

Because that's not the way it works in the data.

12. Default

Wait, was I the only one confused by that, despite the note?

13. Default

Err. Where's the non-hidden skill, then? (I'm assuming that it's not being shown because all the actual data is in the two hidden skills? In that case it might be clearer to have it listed there in some form, if not with a full skill table.)

Also, might be more understandable to translate the internal mastery values into percentages?

14. Basic2

It is great that a thread like this could be made since I have been working on a project purely for the sake of the Aran race. I aptly call it the Aran Calculator. Some of you may have already seen it in the KMST extraction threads, so I will just post my updates here instead of there.
    It is a good thing that you included the updates on here, because without them my calculator would be way off. Anyways... As many of you may have guessed, this calculates every attack the aran has up to where it has been last updated. The main attacks it has are Double attack, Triple attack, Final Take, smash, and phantom peril. It has many of the buffs, also, that will make training awesome, like Snow charge, smart knockback, and the most lovely of them all; Full and Over swing(not strictly buffs, but it raises those two attacks). Also, by a simple clicking of a check box (combo), it will add all of the skills that you have to use in succesion and will add them to the final attack that you wish to see. Example, combo would add up normal attack, double attack, and triple attack together.
    Hope you have fun with this project, since I did!Aran Calculator V1.0

Side Note: please tell me of any glitches. Also, fiel, is it possible to find all of the attack speeds for this class? Since it would help a lot further on.

15. Default

This class's moderately low HP doesn't look too bad, considering its skills. 35% damage reduction :O

16. Default

Attack speeds for each skill can be (semi-reliably) derived from the skill frame delays in Character.wz.

17. Default

I don't think there are any. Just noticed that. Guess there more of a solo type class.

18. Water
    IGN: TheLolSniper
    Server: Windia
    Level: 64
    Job: lolbolts
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: Unity

Aegis Shield/Combo Barrier is, unless it was nerfed.

19. Default

It's just that some effects there look like casted on a partner... Like Combo barrier and smart Knockback. Just a guess, though.