Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.236] New Aran UI

1. Default [1.2.236] New Aran UI

The UI was changed for Aran to show the player which combos are available at which time. In a flashy slide across the screen, you'll see the following displays appear on the screen. Other than this, not too much to say about the patch.

2. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Seeing that it's basically just ↓ + → + Ctrl, does this mean, uh, all combos are made up like that?

3. Default

is this something like the MLTC skills ?

4. Default

The Ctrl nonsense is ridiculous. How many people actually attack with Ctrl? It's hard as hell to play a class that has more than 3 skills with the default "left hand all the way over in the bottom corner of your keyboard and right hand on arrow keys" layout. They should've just put a button that says "Attack."

5. Default

All their skills are released with one key. You are free to use potions at the A, S, Z, X keys if you want to. I see it quite handy instead. Anyways, Ctrl is the default att key, so maybe it's just refering to it :p

6. Default

Aren't there usually two ctrl buttons on a keyboard? The other is right next to the arrow keys, using this one should make it easy for combos.

Keyboard

7. Default

It's the same combos.Not really exciting XD

@Herbert Jablonski , Actually it's easier for me to use the left one , dunno why. It's also closer to the 'Z' key which i use to loot (I don't use '0')
    I always keep the normal attack on Ctrl. The thing is i don't really use it with normal chars.
    Last edited by Helios; 2009-06-20 at 08:56 AM.

8. King Father Unbanned
    IGN: Pendellin
    Server: Scania
    Level: 1XX
    Job: CB/Shad
    Guild: ZpykeKanyon

You can turn that off in control panel.

Also, I kept the default keys, mainly because I have a horrible memory and would forget where the menu buttons if it wasn't as easy as "q for quest," etc. I need a RAM upgrade for my brain.

When my shadower gets b-step, I'll put it on ctrl, and move assault to space bar, and normal attack to a key above it. Assassinate will just be near ds (a) most likely. I'll have to see when I get there.

9. Default

Given the normal position of people's fingers on the keyboard, it's actually easier for most people to use the second one, because normally the right CTRL/ALT keys aren't used very much, or maybe that's just me.

10. Default

Depends on the persons personal preference. I believe this particular class is going to be played differently than the normal classes due to the combo system. I'm sure some of you guys have seen this video before:

One hand keyboard control when playing Aran

I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable playing like this, which is why I suggested my way in my keyboard picture above, but it might be worth trying out. This might actually be an even better way, but who really knows until we get a chance to play the class.

11. Default

I use Ctrl for my primary attack in every single one of my characters. lol Ctrl is main, Shift is secondary and Alt is jump. Always, no matter the character. Even with characters like my Brawler and I/L AM, I don't find it difficult at all. The rest of the skills go on X, C, V, D and F.

*shrugs* I think it's perfect. I use the right Ctrl frequently, as well (playing with one hand).

12. Default

I keep my secondary (Polearm Crusher) on ctrl, and my main attack (Polearm Fury) on z. Close enough :D
    ASDFB are buffs and potions
    ZXCV are attacks
    \ is Beholder (rarely have to cast and isn't hard to reach)
    6 is all cure.

13. Default

Nice little tutorial!

14. Default

I used to use Ctrl+Shift when I first started playing this game, but I quickly ran out of room for skills. On my Corsair I have 8 attacks, Octo, and a buff. That's not counting Bullseye or Hypnotize, which don't see that much use, or Maple Warrior, which I don't have yet.

Your layout feels really stretched out laterally. When I play my left hand goes over the home row and all my fingers on my left hand stay over keys they would normally type on.

15. Default

Then you would probably think it's crazy that I always put my buffs on 9, 0, - and = (macro with buffs goes on o, below them).

I've never once had any problem with clutter because of my universal layout. Secondary pots go on 6, 7 and 8. Main pot goes on spacebar. Buffs like I said. Attacks like I said. Then the extra stuff, like att pots, all cures and pet food, goes on Insert, Delete, End, etc.

It keeps everything very well organized and grouped logically together. I've never had any problems on any character due to this style. Glad I can utilize it, because any other way seems too complicated and messy.

16. King Father Unbanned
    IGN: Pendellin
    Server: Scania
    Level: 1XX
    Job: CB/Shad
    Guild: ZpykeKanyon

I often macro things that don't have the same time limit and just renew them all at once. This isn't WoW or another tactical mmo, so I don't have to worry about my mp, and the UI just doesn't allow ctrl/alt/shift+stuff.

I also have someone else who also changes back all my damn keys if I change them again, thus inhibiting change.

Also, laptop is my new main comp. 'nuff said.

17. Default

Same.

This is good. I'm also sure you'll be able to change your Normal Attack key, but it'll still say "Ctrl", like those Jr. Sentinel's on Maple Island.