Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.236] New Aran UI

1. Default

My keyboard layout is universal to all my characters as well. I have everything in blocks and it reduces the amount of travelling my fingers have to do. The menus are in the same place on every character so I've memorized them.
    Spoiler

My point was that it's kind of tacky for the image to say Ctrl no matter what.

2. Default

You pot with right ctrl/shift too? I love you.

On another note yeah. It'd be much nicer to just say "Attack", it's not much bigger anyhow.

3. Default

you use asdf for your left hand?

4. Default

Yes.

5. Default

Well, technically I use that. Didn't want to confuse anyone.

6. Default

Most of my characters don't have quite this many buffs, but this is the general pattern I use.
    Spoiler

CJK = primary "Use" skills (not in use anymore, Paladin only uses PS and ACB - my NL has TT, Drain, and L7)
    GH = secondary "Use" skills
    UX = primary buffs (my NL uses a macro on X, Paladin doesn't have macroable stuff)
    CVBNM,. = secondary buffs
    The numbers and QWERTY I,ASDF are pretty much constant on all my characters.

Ctrl/Shift go with the right hand. I guess it's not very obvious how I play with it like this... I have index finger J, middle finger Y, ring finger F, pinky C. Most of my skills are accessible with the index finger or pinky.
    Last edited by Stereo; 2009-06-27 at 05:20 PM.

7. Default

Mostly, my setup goes like:
    Pots on Insert ~> PDown, and Pinky on Ctrl, Ring on Shift, Middle on Z, and Pointer on Spacebar.

Hell, I even use W for Dark Sight if I need to. There's 11 buttons in that area I use regularly, and I find it quite easy to just fly my hand over to a button memorized in my mind and tap it and then quickly move my hand back. If I ever get enough buffs and the like that I need to use my thumb, I'll have pinky on shift, then three on S, D, F, and thumb on Spacebar.

Dang, some of the positions you people use make my hand hurt. xD

8. Default

^Yours makes my hand hurt... I guess my spacebar is farther from the other keys than yours is, because my laptop has a Fn Key in between Ctrl and Alt, as well as the Window start menu key. That's why I left the default key config behind; it was a pain to reach over the Fn key all the time.

I play on ASDF:
    Spoiler

Main attacks go on F and G.
    D is Teleport, or normal attack on my other chars (so I don't waste MP trying to teleport around town olol)
    S is always Jump.
    A is Claw on my bishop and Nimble Feet on my other chars.

QWERTY is buffs. For my bishop, the macro on W is Bless and Invincible, and I recently ran out of room and moved Dragon to X.

H, Z, C are stuff I don't really use. V is always pick up.

I don't know what made me want to put Gen on Space, but I like it. :D My other chars don't have anything on the spacebar.

Right half of the keyboard is always the same through all my chars. I just learned it that way, I guess... Idk, I think it at least makes sense to pull up [ and ] when I level to allocate points.

Pots are Shift for main pot (MP on bishop, HP on other chars), Ctrl for HP/MP or other pots (MP on other chars, had HP pots there when I was a priest). That way, they display on my Quickslot and I know how many I have left. Buff pots go on the other quickslot keys. I put Res up there so I can see its cooldown at a glance. And I put chairs up there for the heck of it, since I usually have quite a few extra spaces. My quickslot keys are waaaay up in the top right corner of my laptop's keyboard, and they're practically cell-phone key sized, so I don't use them for anything I need to hit often.

Fraps screenshot key is on F12.

EDIT: Don't mind my need to repot, lol. Used 'em all on a Zrun today.

9. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

Spoiler

i like FPSs so i fit my keys to where i like em, had attack on R then got blast and replaced it, i also use the numpad to pick up and move around along with using buffs

10. Default

Yeah Morgana, on the keyboard I use for Maple, I use spacebar since my alt is almost right underneath Z. If I used Alt, my fingers would be cramped up and uncomfortable. My spacebar starts halfway through the x key like
    [..]
    ..[................]
    so I just put my pointer on the left end of the spacebar. It lets me spread out my hand fairly naturally.

11. Default

QFT
    Unless I am just spamming Gen.
    Then its spacebah!

12. Default

heh it's all about getting used to stuff, i guess.

i play with pretty much default hand position, where everything is jammed in the bottom left. it hasn't failed, yet, so yeah lol

index finger -> anything on the right side of r, f, c
    middle finger -> w,s,x,d
    ring finger -> a, z, q
    pinky -> shift, ctrl
    thumb -> space or alt, depends on whatever i feel like using (since wings makes me jump anyway)
    numers i just press with any finger, doesn't matter

v is item because it makes dropping stuff easier because my fingers are around there anyway

weird thing about it is that i never have the same keys on any of my characters... actually none of my characters have the same keys on anything. it's amazing how i don't get confused

13. Default

If you want to talk about keyboard layouts, please make a separate thread.

14. Default

So, most combos have the same key combinations...

What if I have 100+ combos, and I want to use Combo Smash instead of Combo Peril?
    It's not possible?

15. Default

Nope. Not possible at all. Also, peril is beter than smash at almost all instances.