Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Default

3. More syrup, more EXP D:

2. Default

You see, some people have it easier than others. If they want to leech, they leech. Free ride or not, whatever. It's their char, their choice. Some chose to watch their level jumps while others work for it. Will say doubling the exp requirement stop leechers? No, it'll only take them longer but they will still leech.They're willing to pay their way through. Doesnt matter if it's 2x, 0.5x 1.25x. It's all irrelevant.

Your point is one selfish point. There're plenty of people who dont want to waste their hours in a grindfest just to level up. Killing the same set of monsters over and over again isnt a challange. It is appreciated that we can gain the level with 20% less grinding, so we could perhaps try to solo an easy-boss-but-does-ways-too-much-damage-that-you-cant-survive-in-one-hit boss, etc.

A lots of suggestions/implementations in general are simple deterrents. These patched up solutions cause more headaches to normal average players than anyone else.

3. Default

@Opeth: I totally agree. Rankings are totally skewed by 2x and what class you are and stuff but in the end you still need to be willing to level up to get there and it's damn nice to see yourself up there in the ranks. It's not supposed to be a challenge to level up. What it is is a test of persistence, and making levelling easier for people who don't have the patience to do it is just unfair to those who do. I have a pretty limited amount of time to train each day, but I'm consistent, and I'll keep moving up a couple of dozen million exp a day. It's annoying to see just one 2x event pass by, and hey look, suddenly the same names that I passed weeks ago and hadn't gained more than 5 m exp are suddenly up 5 levels ahead of me. And then they stop training again. It doesn't end.

Same thing with the exp curve. Making people level faster is a pretty artificial way of making people maintain interest. This game isn't going to be a lot more fun just because you're levelling faster, but for some reason people are always suddenly motivated grind away just because the exp bar fills a little faster.

Sure my character benefits too and I save a few hours of training, but I'd rather do those a few hours the hard way and not have to deal with having to pass those people again. Levels are relative. Remember when level 60s were considered pro? I'd like to be level 180 or whatever too, but if everyone is level 180, how do I stand out? I can't compete in the equips area f3. I don't have real life money, nor do I have the time or motivation to merchant a lot.
    Last edited by Dusk; 2009-06-16 at 10:36 PM.

4. Default

The point that GMS is too easy already still stands.

And people still have to pay for leech. If they had to earn twice the exp, they would have to pay for double the leech.

5. Default

Im more saddened by the delay of time temple then extension of crappy events and lack of skill updates. Im also saddened by the fact that now we wont ever catch up to MSSEA in terms of exp, fun, content, and such. Every week we are delayed, MSSEA gets ahead of us.

BTW MSSEA is easier than GMS, although GMS is easier than KMS. Please note that KMS is a larger game.

6. Cash0

Make a Marksman and solo it to lv 170 getting 6mill and hour and tell me it is easy...

"2. Bug Fixes:
    a. Unavailable Reef NPC bug fixed.
    b. Inability to restock throwing stars and bullet bug fixed."

Erm so now they are "fixing" things that are already fixed...way to go.
    Last edited by Chameleonic; 2009-06-16 at 11:19 PM.

7. Default

Learn to train better, then come back and tell me how much exp you get.

8. Default

Then you don't know how to train.

9. Default

Thanks for being oh so helpful. I know other lv 160+ Marksman that get just the same exp as I do. So it isnt just me, its my class.

10. Default

pineappleing lol. Marksmen have been excellent trainers since the skill updates. There's no way you can't keep up with a 14x Corsair.

Kabanaw means it's too easy to level up with what we have now. At least an hour of free 2x a day if not 2 or 3 (assuming you don't get skele dc'd too quickly f3 though that should be fixed at some point) makes things a lot easier. Plus there's always actually partying, which you don't seem to take advantage of. I solo a lot, too, but even soloing is pretty easy. I'm levelling faster now than I was around on my 7x CB when 3rd job was released. No complaints at all.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'm not quitting, and i'm not bored with maple. I'm bored with what's available RIGHT NOW. Once KoC/MuPQ/maker comes out, i'll have way more on my plate than you could imagine. I don't think i'll be able to do some of the things i want to do by the end of 2009 if all of those things come out right now.

12. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Septher
    Server: vengeance
    Level: 172
    Job: ShAHHHdower

I don't see why deciding for or against 1.25x EXP has turned in to some debatable issue. It's the new standard in KMS and MSEA, and whether you guys like it or not, it's eventually going to become the new standard in GMS. Ranks don't mean shi't when each class has their popular and unpopular subclass. I'm a Thief, so when I look at the "Rank: 615" when I log in, what's that supposed to tell me? How can I, or anyone else, even decipher what truly matters within that three digit number? You can't; all I'll ever know is that most of those pricks are the stuck up Night Lords that I'm not even competing with. Dusk, I personally believe that you take the ranks seriously because you're a Corsair, which is a currently scarce class in all servers. That's cool and all, but you're never going to know when there's a Corsair higher than you, so what's it matter? You're never going to know when you pass up another Corsair; chances are it's just a leeched Bucc.

As for overall ranks, that's a joke. 1.25x EXP isn't going to change Maple at all. Those who are persistent in their training will be noticed above those who are too lazy to leech themselves, and nowadays that's really all that matters.

13. Default

Personally I'm more upset with the 36 hour 8x that some people had than the exp change. You say KMS uses the new EXP tables as well? If so then I might as well stop caring.

14. Default

Just for clarification through skimming: 1.25x EXP =/= 75% EXP Table, theoretically speaking of course. We know what you're talking about, but other users viewing this thread may not (A 75% EXP Table has a greater impact on training time than 1.25x EXP [like in JMS]).

15. Default

Is the Candle event going to be extended too? D: I have 350 cake pieces waiting to be traded in, lololol.

16. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

Figures that they would start 25 minutes late X_X

17. Default

So they started an hour later then planned. Does this mean it still ends the same time they planned or an hour later? They never clarified that...