Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Unscheduled Server Maintenance

They didn't bother to make this one visible, but it's there and already happened.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?...Kz&pageIndex=1

As usual they're confused on Dates and Days - This occurred Saturday June 13th.

Note: This fixed the maple weapon/shield exchange quest by adding the script onto Cassandra's "Check Event Winners" script. Going into it now offers the "I want to exchange" sub menu. Yay Nexon for creative solutions.
    Last edited by Eos; 2009-06-13 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Added note

2. Default

You gotta tell me how can you see the hidden notices!

3. Default

Sometimes it's more practical to keep people guessing what I'm capable of.

4. Default

Please please get a job at Nexon, please.

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Too bad they didn't extend the date .

6. Default

You obviously don't understand what they did.

They couldn't "Fix" the problem because the WZ files have the dates blocked on the Maple Admin - He cuts off on 6/10 no matter what they do server side, unless they had released a patch. It wasn't little at all because to do it the right way they would've had to do both a server check to fix the server side script and the clients.

Cassandra's quest was set to the go to the 17th properly though, so they grafted the Admin quest into hers on the server side to avoid needing to patch the client. That's an entirely creative solution to get the problem resolved, because otherwise there was no way they were going to be able to release an emergency patch just for this.
    Last edited by Eos; 2009-06-13 at 04:09 PM.

7. Default

Let me stop you there because I do understand what they did, and it's not creative like you say. Anyone with an inch of common sense in their brain would have thought of doing the same thing.

She*

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

No need to ridicule eos so much on what she considers her definition of "creative."

Plus, I've found a grammar mistake in your sentence here, but I'm not posting it due to the sake of a flame war. Just don't point out others, even if you do have perfect grammar.

(If you really want to know the grammar mistake, just PM me).
    Last edited by Corn; 2009-06-13 at 04:23 PM.

9. Default

Noo! I want to know! Please!

I guess you're most likely using a script made by yourself with your great skills.. aren't you?

If not, at least give us a hint.. or send me a PM.. I'm really curious..

10. Default

According to Occam's razor the most obvious and/or simplest answer is often the right one.

Oh look. They made it visible now.

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

There's two things I wondered about that.

1) Why make it invisible?

2). Why make it visible after being invisible, especially since the server check had long gone and no one reported any complaints?

12. Default

1) Invisible appears to be their default state. They have to actively turn them on when they post them and someone forgot.

2) Because if you make it visible you can claim it was there all along and noone noticed it? Best guess.

13. Default

Oh.. I guess you just tried, then.. or maybe not.. whatever.

And yeah, after they "upgraded" (looks more like a downgrade to me) the website, the notices are now invisible and they have to turn them visible.

Actually, I liked the old website more. You could quickly notice when they posted new notices because there were "N" (New) tags on them. Also, they don't update it much.. many stuff on it is outdated.

14. Default

I know how eos does it. It's the glasses!! That damn glasses can see though many things, including your clothes....

15. Default

It's invisible by default so if they mess something up or need to change something they can fix it before it goes live. Kind of like saving an email message as a draft, except your draft folder is actually uploaded and accessible.

16. Default

I knew it all along. You work for Nexon now. Here is how the conspiracy went down:

Sometime during the Nexon management changes someone at Nexon realized that their forums sucked bowls of pomegranate. They also realized that people like you and Fiel actually help promote the game and quickly fired the lawyers that were giving Fiel hell about extractions. Then they cleverly added all of the "underground" maple extraction wizards to their payroll and bought all the websites used by hardecore maple addicts. Their plan is to give the illusion that the sites are at odds with Nexon, while all the while getting people to spend more NX. How else can you explain the goggles.

It is all so clear now and is obviously the most obvious answer.

Ok maybe not, but it would be interesting if it was.

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Your theory is flawed. Lloyd Korn is still here.