Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

can you clarify/confirm adv dark and adv black?

are they like chaos, what stats do they affect?

I've been reading from various forums and did I conclude wrongly
    "
    advance dark crystal gives a -5 to +5 bonus to str/dex/int/luk stats
    advance black give -3 to + 3 bonus to non str/dex/int/luk stats"

2. Default

I'm inconclusive on this. As it stands, our modern day chaos scrolls have the variable "randStat" set to 1, whereas an Adv Dark Crystal has "randStat" set to 5. Yet Chaos scrolls already can give +5 to -5, so what does that mean for dark crystals? I really don't know.

3. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

They're able to increase/add a stat you don't have on the item, correct?

4. Default

What are the Tree Saps and Maple Syrup set to?

I really hope the dark crystals dont have a chance to lower stats.

5. Default

Same - one.

6. Default

Maybe it's how many things can be changed by a specific number. For example, Chaos Scroll can do +1 and -2 to 2 different stats (let's use a PAC)

2 att
    whatever useless wdef
    whatever useless mdef

Chaos Scroll --->
    +2 att
    -5 wdef
    -3 mdef

Whereas maybe Black Crystal (yes, I know, can't Maker a PAC)
    +2 att
    +2 wdef
    +2 mdef (maybe the randstat allows the +2 on up to 5 stats without disabling it, while the Chaos disables +2 after it affects a single stat). Doubt it, but just a thought.

7. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

From what your saying, 1 stat affect by 1, and no other, but another stat can be affected by 3, but no other afterwards?

8. Default

I believe so, but ofc this can be wrong. Chaos are just too rare and valuable for a lot of extensive testing, and event chaos items don't have enough stats to test this on.

9. Default

The overcoat adds WDEF, MDEF, STR, DEX, LUK, INT, Avoid, and HP. Those might be good to test on since I think they will be sort of easy to get.

10. Default

How do you upgrade maker's skill level? do you need to put SP into it or is it some sort of a quest?

11. Default

Quests, there's a total of three you have to do.

12. Default

Does it require any special items? or something like the level 1 quest?

13. Default

So after reading this, I decided to experiment with what is currently available, so I got a STR leaf and scrolled it for Avoid and HP.

Start Stats : 5 STR, 1 DEX, 1 Avoid, 15 HP, 4 slots
    Spoiler

1st Syrup : 5 STR (0), 0 DEX(-?), 2 Avoid(+1), 25 HP(HP +10, like +1?), 3 slots
    Spoiler

2nd Syrup : 8 STR (+3), 3 Avoid (+1), 5 HP (HP -10, like -1?), 2 slots
    Spoiler

3rd Syrup : 8 STR (0), 5 Avoid (+2), 0 HP (-?), 1 Slot
    Spoiler

4th Syrup : 7 STR (-1), 4 Avoid (-1), 0 Slots
    Spoiler

It seems that multiple stats can decrease/increase by the same value.
    Hmm, I do wonder what else it could possibly be.

14. Default

I do appreciate the testing. So that theory is out, dunno then...

15. King Father Unbanned
    IGN: Pendellin
    Server: Scania
    Level: 1XX
    Job: CB/Shad
    Guild: ZpykeKanyon

It's been asked before on page 2, but never answered. Does maker allow an item to fluctuate from the average? I.E, if something, pulling an example from nowhere, had 20 attack, the item could differ +-5 from the average, so it could be 15-25 attack, correct? Or is it static at 20?

If it's the first, does stimulator override that, or just increase it? I.E, does it make the range +-9 from the average, or +-9 after the +-5? Or possibly +-9 first, then +-5?
    Either way, that could lead to many results until you get perfect as the range would now be from 6-34 attack.

Also, I remember reading somewhere that dark/black crystals don't add attack/m.attack. Is this true, or was that inaccurate? I know it can affect hp and mp, but what def and mdef as well?
    And I know that dark/black crystals can only add random stats that are already on the weapon. But what if the system adds them in order? That way you can hope for a stat from an equip that doesn't normally have that stat. I.E, a random glove can have no Int, but you first put a Wisdom Crystal into slot one, then a dark crystal into the 2nd. The clean weapon would start out, as an example, 50 mdef and 1 luk. After the wisdom crystal, it's now 50 mdef, 1 luk, and 3 int. Then would the dark crystal have a chance to affect int as well, or just the original stats?

As for the 1 for chaos in data, and 5 for maker, it could be that 5 means it only affects one stat instead of all, like a chaos does. It could also mean that the stat it adds is static. (I.E, meaning a HG crystal can only add 3 and not 2 or 1 by chance.) That could be wrong, but just simply testing these things is all it takes. Just take a no-stat item and try adding a stat crystal before a dark crystal, and try forging a few times and see what the results are. I'd try it in MSEA, but I have no account there.

16. Default

Thanks, just correcting one fact:

Formula for fluctuation is 1 + floor(stat/10), therefore, 20atk avg gives 1 + 20/10 = 3 (or so called +/-3, for that matter).

17. King Father Unbanned

Okay, then just imagine it's something bigger that hits the +-5 limit. I think the meaning is still clear...
    Last edited by Zpyke; 2009-06-19 at 05:37 AM. Reason: typo

18. Default

Regarding stimulators:
    The "Maker Guide" in MSEA (in-game guide similar to Beginner Guide, Pet Guide, etc.) explains an effect of using a stimulator that I haven't seen posted here yet.

Someone in MSEA flips through the Maker Guide at the beginning of the following YouTube video:
    [youtube]9rou8DK6flg[/youtube]

So it looks like it's saying:
    (1) From page 6: No stimulator means the item has an equal chance of being above/below average.
    (2) From page 7: Using a stimulator removes the probability that the item stats are below average (before factoring in enhancement gems). But there is a chance that you are left with nothing.

However, it could just be a bad translation? Hopefully, someone from JMS and/or MSEA can report on experimentation with stimulators.

19. King Father Unbanned

Actually, this makes sense because that's how stimulators work for the forging npc's in the game. It may come out better, but there's a chance you get no item and wasted all the materials... But I'll wait for sure to see if that's the confirmation or not.

Also, is +-9 really the range for stimulators? Is there a way to test/prove this? Since it's supposed to make it better than average, wouldn't that mean, following that the normal average can differentiate by 5, that it would be +-10?

20. Default

"Average" is +0, so better than average is anything from 1 to 5.