1. Default 2009 GMS Race to 200, mid year results.

Accidentally did this a month early, was intending for it to a be a mid-year thing.
    Oh well, no point in wasting it, so here you are. Happy midanniversary.

Notes
    • This only includes people who moved from 190 to 200 since 1/1/2009.
    • They must have had all levels on ranks.
    • They must not have renamed during this period.
    • It's a waste of your time to tell me this was a waste of my time.

Bellocan
    Spoiler

Bera
    Spoiler

Broa
    Spoiler

Demethos
    Spoiler

Khaini
    Spoiler

Kradia
    Spoiler

Mardia
    Spoiler

Scania
    Spoiler

Windia
    Spoiler

2. Default

So did I.... then Luna beat my speed thanks to 4x, 8x and the reduced XP curve

That really biased a lot of the results.

"In my day we had to grind 20% more with nothing better than 2x and we didn't have mini dungeons or danger taxis, we had to hike our asses up that mountain, both ways, in the snow, while pulling HS mules by our teeth because they were too pansy to walk it themselves and camp out for sixteen hours before any event just to have a 2 hour shot at 4x once a month..."

3. Default Alternative Format

More readable I think, but doesn't really tell you the dates to know who was taking advantage of XP curve and 2x/4x/8x.

Spoiler
    Last edited by Eos; 2009-06-02 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Fixed accidental inclusion of time at 200

4. Default

you are good at this
    alot of places need ppl that are good with spreadsheets. this is very impressive.

mine would be

sometime in september <167> <quit>100 days later
    <168> 17 days
    <169> quit for a bit 60 days
    <170> 8 days
    <171> 1 weekend
    <172> 1 weekend bb 8x
    <173> back to active
    lol i take years to lvl.

5. Default

I believe your missing quite a few people on there. I cant speak for other servers but I can think of several Scanians that were 190 + from the 1st of January.

6. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

youd think with all the lolbandwagoners that made the scrolls for bows skyrocket, that there would be more 200 archers, even outside of Bows.

7. Default

Read the notes/rules.

You had to have all 10 levels during the same period to qualify.

If you started the year at 195 that's a five level head start and you're not elligible for this comparison.

Disqualification Examples
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Eos; 2009-06-02 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Added list.

8. Default

Interesting thread Eos, very nice. 1 month to get from 190-200 is pretty decent i guess.
    Also, looking at the above list; would it be possible to post the MinLevel2009 for everyone? If it's too much work or if you don't have the data for it you may ignore my post :P

9. Default

Wow, FreakYy29u is a leveling beast. From 190 to 200, took him/her 18 days.

10. Default

Ohh. Thanks Eos. I misread that first part. I assumed it was going to be for anyone between 190 - 200 since 1st of Jan. Anyhow it would be nice to see the total number of days from 190 to 200 for those that have already reached 200 if possible. Just for comparison sake.

11. Default

"Back in my day people would get together for Kargo/Tauromacis/Taurospear parties since it was the best exp and we hadn't even heard of Orbis or 2x."

12. Default

I've only started tracking outside of Mardia since 1/1, so unfortunately not information I have. Everything has to start somewhere.

13. Default

Ah ok. I wasn't sure on how you get all this brilliant information. Thanks though ^^

14. Donator Straight Female

IGN: 1meanolelday
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 13X
    Job: Hero
    Guild: DeathsMssngrs
    Alliance: TheKingsArmy
    usa

Aesilyn,

I love the way you stated this, lol. It is true that you did it the hard way! I suppose I am foolish, I have made little use of the xp curve and 2x events. It seems to a diminished the feeling of accomplishment at each level up. I managed 120 and Hero just as the events started. I have only made it to 121, playing my other characters until all the to do as passed. Though it may seem a waste, I find I feel better playing when things are at a normal rate. Lets face it, Maple Story is a game and each of us must play it in the manner that pleases us.

Thank you for getting all the data out to us in a manner that is easy to understand.

15. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

MingLuck was pretty close, 25 days .

16. Default

a week difference is not "pretty close". 18 days to get something that takes even the most hardcore players a few months is....... I don't want to point fingers . My toes, thumbs, and nose aren't looking away though.

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Closer than everyone else, at least.