Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Against. Storyline goes(from translations), black magician froze the aran people in solid ice in years past, now someone has released them and they're out for revenge against black magician.

this is the black magician asldfjlskfjlkasjdfljasdf want to fight now.

2. Default

So was zakum, ht, pb. all this work is nice and is looking more like it was inspired by another rpg/adventure game

3. Default

I liek the fact the Aran have their own personal thing against the black magician, but he really does need to be a boss for everyone, theres so much hype story-wise for him for all 3 races, I hope he lives up to expectations.

It really seems similar to the Death Knights and Arthas (sorry for WoW references).

4. Default

Except there wasn't much in the way of mass death and destruction before-hand. I hate Blizzard so much for doing that.

No comment on the hype though.

It's just you. The more details people can include in a picture without making it look like apwfoinfkdsj, the better it looks.
    Last edited by KajitiSouls; 2009-05-28 at 12:07 PM.

5. Default

For the death and destruction? I think that builds up the evil-ness of the character, without it you're just killing a good guy whos been corrupted with little incentive.

I hope the Black Magician himself has a good story behind him, who he is, where hes from, how he got his powers, etc.

6. Default

If the death and destruction was orchestrated well, then I'm fine with it. But here, Blizzard just does one battle after another with the good guys almost always losing. I'd like it a lot more if the plans involved were ingenious and diabolical. But no, it's mostly "let's kill them all right here, right now".

For the record, I think Starcraft's bloody whirlpool is worse than Warcraft's.

And about building evil-ness, there's plenty of ways to do that. Assassinations and torture are two ways.

7. Default

If this:

truly is the Black Magician's real form than WHOOOO FOR NON-ANIMAL FORM. If he really was just an animal like a wolf or panda as previously stated, it would have taken away from how epic he looks. Also, if they wanna make him hard, Nexon could make his summons be Zakum, Horntail, and Pink Bean , that would make things hard.

Also, who says he has to die after the initial fight, they can keep Maple Story going for a long time by giving this guy a Lich aspect, multiple artifacts keeping him from truly dying but once the last one is gone, he does die. Nexon would merely have to say "Another on of the Black Magician's artifacts has been uncovered, it must be destroyed!" and they change some aspects of the fight around for each artifact. Meh, just some thoughts.

8. Default

Looks a lot like the Old Balrog and Mannji picture.

Hahah still looks pretty cool though.

And the Black Magician is just a story arc, I dont think he is the basis for the whole game, just because he dies doesn't mean there isnt something worse just around the corner, thats the way most MMOs work...

9. Default

Exactly how I imagined the Black Magician...

Black, Dark, Hood covering face... Yup....

I want the whole video.. lmfao

10. Default

L> someone to make high-res of that first image (want background for 1440x900 D: )

11. Default

So... This is the end of MapleStory? once they will release The Black Magician - no more new content?

12. Default

Im not sure if thats serious, a rule of thumb with every video game or anime is that theres always another major bad guy after the current one dies.

13. Default

Even if there isn't another end boss that doesn't mean there will be no more content. The world doesn't end when a bad guy is defeated. There are still areas unexplored and monsters rampaging.

14. Default

1. Pink Bean was released by an NPC in Time Temple named Kirstun or something similar, not the Black Magician.
    2. Aran is fighting Against the Black Magician. They were fighting against him in the past, he froze them in solid ice, and so they stayed for a long time. Now, they've been unfrozen, and gained ice powers from this apparently. They're going to keep fighting him until he's destroyed. They're not bad guys.
    3. While the Black Magician has been involved in everything since Magatia (with the apparent exception of Time Temple), things happened before we knew about him, and they'll probably keep happening after he's gone. There are lots of things that have been messed up by him that we'd probably have to fix after he was defeated (Fierry's monster book entry, for example, states that they were regular fairies that were corrupted by the Black Magician. Who knows how many other races have been affected in this way?)

15. Default

No one even said the Black Magician would be defeated did they?

For all we know they could just keep the Black Magician as the main enemy, without making him an actual Boss and keep adding problems that he causes. The story could go on forever.

16. Neutron
    IGN: Sylphior
    Server: Windia
    Level: 13x
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Leaf
    Alliance: Honorbond

how did the Aran get free? there could be another power manipulating this that wants to cause more conflict with the Black Magician. that's what i'm seeing here if the Aran race was frozen by the Black Magician, then freed later on by an unknown force(unless i'm missing something here) it may have something to do with that Orange Boss guy, i have no idea who he is. >.>

either way, i want Aran race NAO

17. Default

The orange guy is Mach, "The Mind of the Polearm". Like, a personality in their weapon. Kinda weird.

18. Default

The next boss after the black magician: KING GRAY ON THEIR HOME PLANET. WHY WOULD THEY SEND THEIR MOST POWERFUL WARRIORS TO CONQUOR PUNY EARTH?