Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

They make numbers easier to read in the Korean language. For example, 만 means 10 thousand, so 10만 would be 100,000. Just an easier way to see numbers, but of course, in GMS it does nothing since English doesn't have those abbreviations.

2. Default

Sorry I misunderstood. I can't read Korean.

All I can do is take a educated guess...

3. Default

That's because numerals are cut in threes, (the American way), but Korean numerals are read in fours.

So in a trade someone could put up 1,111,111 and the korean person would think it was a 1억 1111만 1111, which is 1 1111 1111.

In this trade, the item's value probably would have been around 11 111 111, and the seller would think he was getting 10 times more than the original price, so he would try to exchange as quickly as possible. But in reality, he was getting 10 times less...... Several Korean people have lost millions of mesoes this way.

EDIT:
    and 만 is NOT an abbreviation. That's the actual Korean word for 10k.
    Last edited by Serendipity; 2009-05-26 at 09:26 PM.

4. Default

Huh, that's pretty similar to the Chinese (and Japanese?) way of counting. 1亿 1111万 1111. I used to always be confused the English terms of million and billion, and the Chinese terms of 10k and 100mil. Now I just count the zeroes.

5. Default

억 = 億 = 亿。 만 = 萬 = 万。

It's not simillar, it's identical. Korean, Chinese, and Japanese are all linked, very closely.

6. Default

No, Nexon America is way too cheap to get this :P

But i can always dream/hope

7. Default

I don't get it, you can trade mesos for cash shop items? o_o

8. Default

Well, I know about the link between Japanese and Chinese but I don't read Korean, so I'm not very sure. ^^; Thanks for the info.