Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

eos, your calculations aren't right. Why are there only 3200 appraised diamonds showing up when I'm paying for 4377 diamonds?

It should be...

High = 218
    Mid = 1094
    Low = 3063

2. Default

Good way to pass long boat rides. At Fiel, as do "7 attack" capes that have 7def6mdef.

3. Default

That 3m is what you'd have to sell it for to break even.
    Noone wants to break even, we all want profit, which is why the profit for selling it at 5m or 10m was listed.

Keep in mind the costs get insanely higher when you do crystals

Here's how that simulation came out:
    PhaseHighMidLow Cost
    Appraisal397300 40,000,000
    Upgrading Lows31231 19,500,000
    Upgrading Mids1401 12,000,000
    Total    71,500,000
    Break Even Fee    5,107,143
    5m Profit    (1,500,000)
    10m Profit    68,500,000
    PhaseHighMidLow Cost
    Appraisal4710912862 400,000,000
    Upgrading Lows4713453 171,900,000
    Upgrading Mids15783 173,500,000
    Total    745,400,000
    Break Even Fee    4,747,771
    5m Profit    39,600,000
    10m Profit    824,600,000

High grade crystals are going to be quite expensive because 5m doesn't even meet their break even fee for low volumes.

4. Default

Dang this looks like a massive meso sinkhole. Hopefully it will mess up the fm guilds a bit.

5. Default

Accidentally ran them with an override for 3200 in there.
    Found that when I was doing the crystal one above.

Edit* Put in the corrected figures.
    Last edited by Eos; 2009-05-24 at 09:21 PM.

6. Default

And ofc none of this takes into account inflating ore/crystal prices. Costs will dramatically increase when you don't have the ores to begin with and have to buy them.

7. Default

Why would you have to buy them? I get hundreds of Wisdom and Diamond ores at newties. Refined diamonds drop in APQ... The ores drop from mobs all over the place.

Only the lazy would be buying ores or refined ungraded items in the first place.

8. Default

You're not going to get 40,000 wisdom ores on your own. Same goes for STR, DEX, etc - assuming you get one every 5minutes, that's 12 an hour. Don't have to do that math on that one to know that = suck. Even Wolf Spiders don't drop them that much, so in reality it's probably even more bleak. I'm talking in terms of mass-grading here, not "hey, I want to make an equip" (and APQ is a special exception, as Diamonds from it are the only mass-dropped gems in the game).

9. Default

Well, in just the wisdom crystal ore's i've gotten from regular grinding and farming I've currently amassed over 300 refined wisdom crystals. If I were actively pooling them from guildies and allies I'd probably have 10 times that easily.

10. Default

Which requires a mass group effort, which isn't always an option, especially when others are trying to do the same thing. Also, you amassed yours over a long period of time, which is less likely to happen when you have Maker - you'd be more likely to appraise piece-meal, bit by bit, which isn't the same as mass appraising.

11. Default

Ok, reran my simulations with the correct number of iterations for everything.

Fiel, do you know if the Hands attribute has any bearing on the chances of grading, or if it's just applicable to the actual item creation portion of Maker?

12. Default

It's only applicable to stimulators.

I ran a few tests myself. I found that if I took all gems and attempted to always convert them to HQ, it would cost in the ballpark of 750m mesos and I'd end up with 300 - 350 HQ gems.

13. Default

Yeah, my simulation came up with a real nice worst case for you on try #1... That one came out frankly awful.

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

By the way, this feature (as well as the item break down feature) was mentioned in one of the most recent pages of isaacs maker thread. :P

Also, quit destroying my dreams of upgrading with your numbers.

15. Default

Hello, been lurking here for a few months, wanted to contributed on some information on Maker skill.

I play on Lanla in Thailand MapleStory, and Maker skill came out along with Magatia Town in the last patch (0.65) sometime in April, about two months ago. These information are based on my past experience.

About decomposing items:

1.) You can only decompose armors. Not weapons. The armors must be usable by your class as well.
    2. ) Decomposing armors only give you monster crystals. The grade of the monster crystals you receive depends on the level of armor (e.g. decomposing a White Anakarune gives you Low class monster crystal B).
    3. ) Decomposing armors does not give you additional crystals or powder. There is no difference between decomposing a Red Anakarune or a Dark Anakarune. Both gives the same crystal, but amount of crystals you get may vary.

So far I have only made a lvl 70 mage sandals with +5 int (infused it with a low class wisdom crystal).

My server is very small, so we don't get a lot of crystals. Also, magic powders only drop (and very rarely) from mobs in Magatia, so at the moment Maker skill seems like a waste of time.

16. Default

Sorry, no. My numbers live to crush the hopes and dreams of the innocent.
    I raise them on a special diet of Nexon TOS agreements to keep them hateful and bitter.

17. Default

Thank you for your input, Ohmer. Stay around - we'd love to hear what it's like in other versions.

Anyway, I've created a simulator in python to find the average amount of profit (sales - costs) considering my current situation.

I evaluated the following questions:
    1. How much meso can be made by upgrading everything to HQ?
    2. Upgrade MQ to HQ, but not LQ to MQ.
    3. How much meso can be made by upgrading LQ to MQ, but not MQ to HQ?
    4. How much meso can be made by doing no upgrades at all?

Here were my results:
    1. Upgrade everything to HQ: 12.5b
    2. Upgrade MQ to HQ, but not LQ to MQ: 13.5b
    3. Upgrade LQ to MQ, but not MQ to HQ: 15.5b
    4. No upgrades: 15.8b

There are several things to consider here:
    1. It's probably harder to sell 1 WATK diamonds since people want the better quality 2 WATK ones. So that makes the upgrade more worthwhile since it will decrease the amount of time the item is stuck in inventory. This alone makes #3 the best option.
    2. The amount of time invested into upgrading diamonds is large. Through my calculations, It will take me nearly 6 hours of constant appraising, and then I have to upgrade! So I have to manage my time wisely.

Here's the script I used: (Lemme know if I made any mistakes)

Spoiler

18. Default

How did you arrive at those values?
    They've got a significantly higher variance than I'd expect, and both middle and high quality seem higher than the market is likely to tolerate due to saturation.