View Poll Results: Would you quit because of Elemental Wands/Staves?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I would personally quit my character and leave Maple because of this.

2 1.79%
  • No - But I would whine a lot because I don't like it.

7 6.25%
  • No - Because I don't care one way or the other.

64 57.14%
  • No - Because I wanted them to do it or expected they would.

39 34.82%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Would you quit because of Elemental Wands/Staves?

Since everyone is throwing out the "Sky is Falling" amount of people they insist will quit regardless of what happens, I thought it'd be funny to find out how many people really believe they personally would quit over this.

So, would you personally quit because of Elemental Wands/Staves having a default damage of 75% to make up for thier 110% and 125% boosts?

1. Yes - I would personally quit my character and leave Maple because of this
    2. No - But I would whine a lot because I don't like it.
    3. No - Because I don't care one way or the other.
    4. No - Because I wanted them to do it or expected they would.
    Last edited by Eos; 2009-05-21 at 11:46 AM.

2. King Father Unbanned
    IGN: Pendellin
    Server: Scania
    Level: 1XX
    Job: CB/Shad
    Guild: ZpykeKanyon

3. I think if they decide it'd be better balanced, that would be good, because it'd be setting an example to follow. Instead of just thinking inside the box that it needs to be exactly the same, they decided to balance things. If, on the other hand, they don't, then it's because they're trying to keep things generally the same so other people from other versions won't be jealous of other version's items.

And why don't you make a poll, so everyone can see the results up top?

Edit: The thread title is a bit misleading. Sounds more like if someone would quit just because it changed/didn't-change the way they wanted it., but here it states only one direction, and that is them being changed to have the 25% reduction to other elements.
    Last edited by Zpyke; 2009-05-21 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Ninja'd

3. Default

Unfortunately you're not going to get a overly accurate idea from this because there are people who don't have a bishop and will vote just because they think it's funny to skew results, or people who claim they would quit but would be back within a month.

5. Default

I think they should change all Elemental weapons to do nothing and go in and adjust the skills [to have the same effect as using elemental weapons], just to piss people off.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I bet most of the people are QQing for the sake of QQing. Feh to them.

7. King Father Unbanned

You could always consider they might ks you? Unlikely since there's MD's for your training level, but it's still something to consider. Though if they decide to, the difference between them ksing you and killing in one hit, and ksing you and killing in two hits, results in the same thing: loss of exp for you.

I guess it only matters a little in the end.

8. Default

That actually wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

9. Default

I don't even play this game. I don't care what goes on with Mages.

10. Default

How is that inaccurate though?
    It shows a clear sample of what % of the community thinks they'd leave and the community consists of more than just Bishops and Arch Mages despite what some of them seem to think

11. Default

If a Mage decided to KS me, I'd lose automatically even if it took them 4 hits to KO. Melee classes just can't keep up.

12. King Father Unbanned

This. ^

I should stop posting and get on to play with my guildies. But I like discussing things. I could have considered the debate team, but then I remember the reason I didn't: they're usually all stuck-up prudes.

I think she meant that some people might just vote wrong on purpose. It could happen, because some people are that way.

13. Default

I believe the people that are actually going to quit don't have the brains to find forums such as these. /exaggeration

14. King Father Unbanned

Actually, that could be true, as an exaggeration. However, if you said people that would quit over one reason like this don't have the brains to find forums such as these, then it wouldn't be an exaggeration.

15. Default

Why would anyone else quit because of wands/staves being changed?

Edit: And yeah, I mean people coming and voting randomly without having an opinion because they think it's funny to do so.

16. Default

Where is the option of "People are making a big deal out of nothing"? Most 4th Job Mages are not even paying attention to the game when they "play", so why care if your damage is 150k or 90k?

17. Default

Same here.

18. Default

Hasnt this topic been overly discussed...
    I dont find the reasons behind the constant debating over this issue to be something to quit over.

Fairly enough ive had a I/L archmage and a Bishop and find the arguements over the "All Powerful Staff" to be something that shouldnt be bothered with i, im not one to go and ks for no reason at Skeles but its happened to me both ways [refering to being ksed and having the ultimate advantage w/ a Ele Staff at other maps], nothing can be stopped from just a defaltion of MATT Dmg from a single staff.

-- I care in one way, but i have mixed feelings about this altogether

19. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

This.

20. Default

This man speaks for me also.