View Poll Results: Would you quit because of Elemental Wands/Staves?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I would personally quit my character and leave Maple because of this.

2 1.79%
  • No - But I would whine a lot because I don't like it.

7 6.25%
  • No - Because I don't care one way or the other.

64 57.14%
  • No - Because I wanted them to do it or expected they would.

39 34.82%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default

Go look at the post he moved from here to there.

I didn't tell him get out, I told him take it to the right place for that depth of discussion, which he did.

3. Helium Atom
    IGN: After
    Server: I get
    Level: to
    Job: Finish
    Guild: My food
    Alliance: You're dead

There are too many problems with Arch Mages. I don't train a lot either, so I'm not really concerned or interested.

4. Water

IGN: MysticHLE
    Server: Broa
    Level: 18x
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: VincitOmnia
    Alliance: Sonata
    usa

It's really obvious by now from the replies in this thread of my second theory.

And as for being not useful, hm...I rather play for myself and have my own fun using 3-4 active attacking skills (Blast, ACB, Rush, Magnet) while training instead of being a leech provider who spams the same skill and at costs 10 times more.

Sure AMs level faster and do more damage, but I still have more fun and get more kick out of the game. With a bit of the weapon boost that I obtained now (143 atk Carabella), I'm easily as strong as many Heros out there of my level at bosses even non-elementally weak. There was really no reason for you to direct that kind of comment at me. My main being a Paladin is entirely irrelevant to your post and this entire argument.

And isn't it ironic that you like to feel useful, yet you picked an AM? And your friend pretty much implied that you were useless at Zak being an AM? Hm...you can say that you're useful in training, but I personally wouldn't like to be begged for leech and be used by people - makes me feel like an object and not a person. =S

I have a 150 Lukless Bishop with Ele Wand - taken and asked to HT, Zak, w/e, and I feel very useful and also used. That's part of why I quit it; there was only the occassional times when I find someone who really needed a helping hand or I had the heart to just help out. It was also a bore teleing around and doing the same Genning at Skeles all day. I'm sorry to hear that you want to feel that way. But oh well, to each his own~
    Last edited by MysticHLE; 2009-05-22 at 12:25 PM.

5. Proton

IGN: xCoIdBeamx
    Server: broa
    Level: 147
    Job: I/L Arch mage :D
    Guild: Vigilant
    Alliance: not sure..

I know what you mean and all but, the post was sort of useful. It was directed toward the argumentative discussion (Debate more or less) but, that's not my point. I don't really know my point, posting 12 hours later, I forgot. :D

I never feel like an object from beggars wanting leech. In fact, it's not really a problem because I'm not a bishop and I only sell leech at harps for 4hours, once one day and once another, just to get some money when I'm poor. (Like once every month or so) Also, the training speed isn't why I made a mage, as I said in my post, that video of that arch mage was why. That's the real use of the elemental weapons, they're only wanted alot now because of NLC. It made it possible to spam ultimates all day instead of partying like other versions, and pre-4th job: himes, squids, vikings, gobies, and grims. Like I said in my post, all I want is the elemental benefits towards the mages, if we got the 125%/110% boosts, I'd be satisfied.
    Last edited by Splinter; 2009-05-22 at 01:29 PM. Reason: typographical error.

6. Default

they should fix it... i mean seriously, why should a class like bishop benefit from a wand thats designed for arch mages... i have a bishop and im happy with my DD Staff... i use to use Ele Wand, but gave that up because i didnt want to continually abuse a well known mistake in maple... if you know its wrong, then you shouldnt do it... just because it was never fixed properly doesnt make it right...

7. Default

Seconded. ;) <3 That and I don't play a Mage, I play a Bishop, and my Bishop uses LUKless gear for the most part.

8. Water

IGN: MysticHLE
    Server: Broa
    Level: 18x
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: VincitOmnia
    Alliance: Sonata
    usa

They should fix it if it was only for the sake of fixing it. But there are more complications, and I'm gonna quote myself from the other thread. And as for abusing a well known mistake...let's just say that societally, the majority is right. I don't care if you want to get into technicals about what's right or wrong or the philosophy of this, but the majority is right - and this is why Nexon hasn't banned all these Lukless Bishops for using an Ele Wand and doing your proposed so-called exploitation of this glitch/mistake.

Last edited by MysticHLE; 2009-05-23 at 10:56 AM.