View Poll Results: Would you quit because of Elemental Wands/Staves?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I would personally quit my character and leave Maple because of this.

2 1.79%
  • No - But I would whine a lot because I don't like it.

7 6.25%
  • No - Because I don't care one way or the other.

64 57.14%
  • No - Because I wanted them to do it or expected they would.

39 34.82%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Aye, and me!

...But I have a Bishop.
    I don't care either way, still.

2. Default

It has, but the "They can never change it or the WORLD WILL END OH NOES" camp keeps throwing out the mass numbers of people who will quit if Nexon fixes them as their "trump".

Curiousity overcame me. Still not seeing those masses.

Maybe, just maybe, everyone will shrug like the abused housewife they are, suck up another bruise and keep on Mapling "cause I know he loves me".

3. Default

Yes. In fact, I did but only because it was an added frustration also caused by not having mini dungeons and monster books. Well, its 2 months later and we've got 2/3 so thats good enough for now but it doesn't mean I've gotten over this. But honestly, this alone isn't something to make someone quit entirely.

4. Water

IGN: MysticHLE
    Server: Broa
    Level: 18x
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: VincitOmnia
    Alliance: Sonata
    usa

I don't see the point of this poll when you aim it at everyone. Why did you link me to this poll again in the argument for Ele Wand thread?

5. Default

To prove your point was non-existant.
    Thank you, drive through.

6. Default

I think in a thread like this, someone's bound to post something like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_bug

7. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Septher
    Server: vengeance
    Level: 172
    Job: ShAHHHdower

I'm actually hoping that Ele Staves get nerfed. The Mage class in general is broken enough as it is.

8. Water

usa

You sure proved your own point that AMs want this thing nerfed and that classes who don't realize the extent of this impact don't care. It failed to so anything else though. Keep selling to a selected wrong crowd to prove your own biased point and not care about rest of community.
    Last edited by MysticHLE; 2009-05-21 at 02:20 PM.

9. Default

The point is - There is no impact.
    The sky is not going to fall.
    Maplers will not cast themselves from the mountains in droves.
    Noone's going to quit.

People will whine. People will get over. People will forget.

10. Default

people didn't quit when they changed NLCs pot prices

nor did they quit when they re-wrote the drop tables making many level 90 weapons much rarer

and those things actually effected every class

very few if any bishops will quit if they change elemental wands

it's not like having one really does much for there damage over a normal wand anyway

11. Default

I remember Crusaders threatening to quit because of the availability of 12 attack pots. None actually went through with it. xd

12. Water

usa

No impact? Are you really one to say that current Lukless Bishops will stand losing 600 mil mesos and have to level 10 times more regardless of what happens, Ms. Level 200 who doesn't care? You believe there is no impact and you're choosing to ignore it instead of inspecting the possibilities objectively.

Think back to how rare it was to find a Priest to train with before 4th job came out - if you were around back then. Then think back to the increased number of Bishops after 4th job came out - if you were around back then. Then think back to the FURTHERED increase in number of Bishops after Elemental Wands came out.

Take away that factor that caused the last increase. No impact? A cause and effect sequence will be logically followed by the reverse effect if that cause were removed.

Or maybe you didn't know how hard it was to find a Priest back then to train with because you're an I/L and had to solo Gig Vikings. Or maybe you did the occassional Viking party that was oh so dependent on an active Priest HS slave who didn't have the mindset to attack. But maybe you weren't a warrior or a Hermit who relied on a Priest and HS to train effectively. Maybe you didn't have to spam L>HS to Hime or L>Priest to Grims for hours because you had the option to solo and break even at Squids and Vikings. You I/Ls and the other F/P mages trained silly fast and effectively with Poison Mist and Ice Strike while us melee classes were burning pots so fast to the point that we are forced to merchant.

Maybe that's the mindset that drives you to push on these Bishops even more. But please, be kind to us fellow non-mages and give us the option to level fast too with our much needed Bishops so we don't get 2%/hour. Does it really hurt your pride that much that Bishops outdamage you by 700 damage at Skelegons?

You obviously want more people to sympathize with AMs more and promote this fixing of this "glitch." I'm not arguing for Bishops for sake of fairness or balance compared to AMs, I'm arguing against you for sake of everyone else who trains with a Bishop or owns a Bishop, someone NOT like you.

To those who says they don't care right now, just imagine yourself telling yourself later down the line: "I'd be training so much faster now if my Bishop can 1 hit KO. But too bad they can't because these Ele Wands are nerfed because I didn't care. Oh well there are always AMs, but they don't have HS. Even if they kill faster, HS for a party more than 2 still outweighs one AM doing all the damage. I guess I gotta suck this up now."

Eos, you are smart, and I can easily see how you may abuse this intelligence of yours on an issue that would personally benefit you by directing only part of the argument at the ignorant majority. However, you're a bit too conniving to publicly ignore the impact this would have on Bishops and the rest of the training community, or perhaps not ignore, but to push this in a direction to benefit AMs that you want it to at the cost of others.
    Last edited by MysticHLE; 2009-05-21 at 02:47 PM.

13. Default

Nerfed? That term doesn't quite fit for this situation...
    I'd say fixed. They were never supposed to be the way they are now, and you know that if you've ever owned one, so as far as I care, and I AM a bishop, the other bishop players do need to put up or shut up. The mere name of the wands and staffs imply they were more geared towards AMs having the advantage anyway.
    Last edited by xLeviathan; 2009-05-21 at 02:46 PM.

14. Default

Impact on what? The bucanneers? The Sins/NLs? This is statistically worthless in any sense of the term. SouthPerry has 4000 members or so, and most of these members trickled in/know this forum from OTHER forums, which in turn only encapsulate a minor fraction of the population. There are 40some members reading this right now, and the statistical "high" was recorded to be a whopping 500. This is supposed to be conclusive evidence that no one will care? How many bishops/archmages are on this forum anyways? How many are on Sleepy, or even Basil, HS, or MT? Most bishops will just grind all day anyways, with the same going for archmages. This is a specific issue pertaining to our class, not others. The fact that most people are responding that they don't care alludes to the fact that *gasp*, not everyone is a mage. The breakdown within the community in and of itself would be a far more poignant example of the point brought up in our other discussion that you seek to refute with this parody of statistical evidence, but then again one may never be able to tally the numbers in that respect.

A more conclusive air of authority would be "I AM a bishop WITH AN ELE WAND" instead of simply declaring yourself a member of our class. I don't own an ele wand, but their implementation in this version was so poorly thought out that bishops suddenly finding their damage nerfed as a result of a "fix" will find themselves with a justifiable fury over a potential "fix", since the wand didn't even give a bonus before, and certainly didn't tell people that they were getting reductions either.
    Last edited by draconius; 2009-05-21 at 02:49 PM.

15. Default

Bishops have posted their indifference in the former thread. I don't think you can speak for all or even most Bishops as they're a subcommunity with differing opinions. You'd be right to say you're attempting to represent the small fraction of Bishops who do own elemental wands/staves, though.

Implying that the other side is "conniving" and/or bloating their argument has never helped a discussion, for the record.

I also believe we'd all be better of realizing we're not infallible.

16. Default

No matter how many times you repeat something, it doesn't make it reality.

This "impact" is in your head.
    There will not even be a statistical blip from this fix as far as population goes.

People stopped playing priests because prior to 4th job they had absolutely nothing to offer beyond being someone's HS mule and/or heal slave.

These weapons didn't change that. Genesis did.
    Genesis isn't going any where, and being related to 3rd most destructive grinder instead of #1 isn't exactly the end of the world when there are 10 other classes behind you day dreaming about being able to wreak the level of destruction your whiny ass can but isn't satifised with.

17. Water

usa

A few questions along with my comments.

1. Are you a Lukless Bishop?
    2. Do you own an Elemental Wand?
    3. If you do, did you spend your own money on it?

Elemental Wand...hm...the last time I checked in GMS, they were named Elemental Wand #1-8, not Ice Elemental Wand, not Fire Elemental Wand, etc. Where are you getting the impression that they were more geared towards AM from the names? From the Wands of other versions?

If so, do you not remember Nexon saying, upon releasing them, said in tickets (although this was when the initial elements were broken) that they were not intended to be the same as those in other MapleStory servers?

In any case, this being a glitch or not, the fact is that it has already impacted the economy and the Mage class to a severe extent, and that any "fixing" of these Wands will only serve to undo the many aspects of changes it brought, one of which is the many high leveled Bishops leveling fast to serve everyone else in their everyday training.

Now you might not care, but since I train with one to make a difference in either 4%/hour solo vs. 10%/hour party, I think I care.

18. Default

Well, I'm pretty sure my 8 is more geared towards me than to you, considering it's boosting my lightning magic and ice magic. Likewise I'm almost certain my type 7 was more geared towards me than to you, since it's boosting my ice and lightning.

The fact the name isn't BIG WAND OF MAGIC ICEY DOOM does not change the fact that its function was clearly designed to assist me, not you.

That's actually not what was said.
    What was given was a templated "Our maple is not necessarily the same as every other version". The part where they assured us it was working as intended was immediately contradicted by this announcement: http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?...P&pageIndex=14 which referred to their behavior as a "Problem".

At no point was it specifically stated that these weapons would behave differently from the ones they're templated after, or how they would be different. That was a standard boilerplated Cover Your Ass message straight from thier knowledge base by an entry level helpdesk monkey because they had no documentation on the items themselves.

19. Water

usa

Genesis isn't the only thing that changed it. You can't ignore the impact these lukless elemental wands had on the increase in the lukless Bishop community, which is more or less half of the existent Bishop community remaining.

This impact to follow is in my head because there has been no change yet. And you can't prove that there is no impact until (if) this change actually happens.

I laid out to you the facts on the table already: People do make Lukless Bishops solely because of Elemental Wands - I did myself and so did a few of my other friends. I had quit my Priest at 11x. I continued it to a Bishop after I learned about the Elemental Wands. It wasn't because of Genesis alone. It's at level 150 right now and 1 hit KOing Skelosaurus barely (85.4k max damage atm). I wouldn't be bothered to train and level him another 10 times with a Shine Wand because I already can't stand how slow it is that I have to still primarily 2 hit KO.

People will quit because of lack of motivation, slowness on leveling, and being economically crippled. You cannot refute that. I have seen it and it has been proven to me over and over in my 4 years of playing and leading a guild.
    Last edited by MysticHLE; 2009-05-21 at 03:08 PM.

20. Default

That pretty much sums it up. Of course they are geared towards AMs, obviously. (@MysticHLE) What makes you think they are not?

I'm not Lukless. I do own an Elemental Wand. I have spent my own money on this game. Thousands of dollars, in fact (which makes it a little sad considering I don't have time to play much anymore).

Perhaps I'm not such a serious gamer as yourself, I don't know, but I would consider myself one during regular school terms. You know, like not summer when 16 weeks are cramped into 8. Anywho, I think quitting is a bit serious. And fine, if people like you wanna quit, so be it. Don't let the door hit 'ya. This shouldn't be any surprise if it doesn't happen. :|
    Last edited by xLeviathan; 2009-05-21 at 03:11 PM.