Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

Lol, I've been doing that since day one.

2. Default

Grenade isn't useless, it's just that it's only good for luring, so it's pointless to add more than 1 point into it. If I could do it over I'd get Flash Fists instead :o

3. Helium Atom

IGN: GunsOnly
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Corsair
    Guild: Leaf
    Alliance: Honorbond

One point into Grenade is enough. max SSK instead, its a very usefull skill while questing and luring monsters. (anyone ever tried killing a bunch of I.AM.ROBOTs w\o being able to recoil anywhere? i'd love a 6-monster attack when i'm doing that.)

4. Default

but SSK is just so weak with no STR

5. Default

Blank Shot > Recoil > Invis

SSK sucks.

6. Default

What he means is that there's nowhere to recoil to, a lot of random invis walls.

7. Default

A Fish Spear or Pumpkin Spear can help.

8. Helium Atom

IGN: GunsOnly
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: Corsair
    Guild: Leaf
    Alliance: Honorbond

exactly.
    go try to blank a mob of 9+, and recoil in a map like Mountain Slopes, with ALOT of ANNOYING walls.
    not just that, i'm pretty sure max SSK is as strong as blank.

9. Default

Will be rushing over there later today/tomorrow, yes.

I trained there for an hour a while ago, but I was jumping around and not really sniping. Was looking for a maple gun, actually.

10. Default

SSK with a gun is definitely stronger than spamming Blank, if I recall. But you're pretty much forced to kick them to death, whereas with Blank it gets increasingly easier to find an opening.

11. Default

Blank Shot keeps monsters in place and Recoil KBs them for an opening. Once you have the slightest bit of room in which to shoot, you're in the clear.

I quest a lot and I did the I. AM. ROBOT hunting quest while I was a Gunslinger. I have never found a use for Grenade other than luring and sniping monsters from afar at a very slow rate. SSK is about the same thing as Grenade except it has no range. Still does awful damage.
    Last edited by Dusk; 2009-05-23 at 08:59 PM.

12. Default

Since MasPan hasn't gotten around to posting this, I will take the liberty of doing so. MasPan and I tried partying at the mini dungeon last night and have obtained favorable results. MasPan would take the bottom two sniping platforms and I would take the top two. We would Recoil back and forth between the two, and stop to loot. As for spawn, we would kill slightly faster than it. Our experience rates were about the same as soloing but I found the profit much better since I usually never bother to loot while soloing.

That is all that comes to mind at the moment, I am sure that MasPan will have something to add later.

13. Default

Yea, I'm sure if we unpartied we could actually have come out ahead - it'd be tough to determine this though without knowing exact kill rates. Exp was actually slightly better for me than solo (30% or so vs 25% per hour). Not a major jump, but still nice. We could pretty much kill nonstop by recoiling between platforms, at least until we overkilled the spawn. Never had to wait more than half a second for respawn though. Anyways, 2 gunslingers of comparable damage ranges can easily party there and get slightly more experience and definitely more money than solo. I recommend. 4 stars for exp, 5 for money.

14. Default

Or if you don't loot, and only loot valuables, you could gain much more exp. Unless the spawn is a bit too slow for 2 slingers to kill nonstop with no looting.

15. Default

Sometimes I would have enough time to Recoil to a platform, have my pet loot most of the items, and Recoil back.

16. Default

Same here.

17. Default

This is an awesome map, thanks for bringing it up. Even seems specially made for Gunslingers.

I party here too, same method Dyx and Mas used, with a HS mule in the middle and the results are sweet since it takes little time to set-up (as opposed to say, Windraiders).

18. Default

This should also be a place to make money. Get some 2x drop and start going berserk in this map. I'm sure you're earn a few million while 2x dropping here.

I'm thinking about doing that when I'm low on money or something.

19. Default

I tend to get about 5 drops in an hour's time frame, if not more, which I generally NPC along with the etcs. Profit after pots/recharging bullets (including attack potions, which run a pretty penny) ends up being about 200-300k an hour. Ofc 2x drop would make it a lot higher, but if I'm gonna 2x drop, it's gonna be at Wolf Spiders on my DrK, where I make appx 10-15k per Ginseng I use there.

20. Default

I just levled there, and i must say that the exp is pretty good. I am getting ~23% an hour there though, so its less than Windraiders where i get exactly 30% an hour.
    But hey, its way more fun! Crossroads gets so boring after 15 min, but this place gives more variation.
    And the drops is amazing 8D
    Most of it is npc crap, but in an hour i got a Maple Gun (:D), Bronze and Silver identity, Level 40 theif glove, level 50 Mage Shoes, level 50 archer shoes, level 30 Warrior Shield, and a Evil Tale! :D
    Going to buy a pet package now, so it will hopefully go alot faster.