IGN: Pendellin
    Server: Scania
    Level: 1XX
    Job: CB/Shad
    Guild: ZpykeKanyon

You mean the claw?

2. Default

Bain Weapons: Hell Balrog Boss drops.

Penguins: Lielle NPCs, which is the town the Aran's come from. Isaac has already said this.

Also rofl the things in Ereb are birds, too.

3. Default

Leafre PQ.

Yes.

4. Default

The "Leafre mobs" translate to "Black Magician's (insert Cornian/Wyvern/Skele here)". Leafre PQ, uh-uh.

I was hoping for cute wittle polar bears, but penguins will do.

5. Default

They already used Polar Bears for Coke town, probably didn't want to make them look too similar.

6. Default

Penguins are cooler anyways.

7. Default

I think that maybe this is just the first of a group of Ancient Island Classes- Each one has a different town that leave from the same port to different islands. There could be an island near the equator with a volcano/fire), One that is nearly covered in water(water), one that elevates far above the sea level (Earth) And one that is built along a series of cliff walls (Wind/Air)

Just suggestions for different elements, and each type could have been stuck in their respective element.

8. Default

I like to think that they come from the unexplored areas at the bottom of the world map. The current world map does not appear to be a globe map, and we never knew the purpose of them putting land there and not just making ossyria an island. Seems the Ossy is bigger than we think it is.

9. Default

They also used Penguins for El-Nath & Aquarium (Pepe)

10. Default

Releasing 5 new job/classes in 5 patches would be a good way to piss off a lot of people. I mean, it's an excellent way to stretch content and keep things interesting, but there are a lot of people who would be VERY UNHAPPY about having to wait five months to a year to get to play as the one they want when the people who wanted to be pole arm users are all happily whacking away.

11. King Father Unbanned

*Hopes for more shortcuts between towns far from each other.*

And wind could also be in a wind tunnel. Not the ones created by people, but actual landmarks that have lots of wind going through them. It'd be pretty cool if there was a land effect that caused you to always get pushed left or right because of the wind.

I could go on with my ideas, but I feel I shouldn't speculate as I doubt they'd be used anyways.

12. Default

I'm talking NPC species. We've got Humans, Elves, Fairies (Ellinia Variety and Orbis variety), Hafrings, Pandas, and Ereb's bird-people. These penguins are yet another.

13. Default

We also have toys (Ludi NPCs), animals such as the Aqua Road Dolphin and Hak the Flying Bird, Gachapon, Maple TV, and a Humanoid in Magatia.

14. Default

I just had an idea about Bain items and Balrog.

What if the higher level the difficulty of the boss, the more powerful the drops are? Like, the Polearm with 100 att drops from him on hard while one considered average for lvl 60 equipment drops from easy.

15. Default

What I still don't get is that these classes are called races, but they don't look any different from adventurers other than the fact that they learn different skills. I would love it if the Arans had at least some penguin like characterstics, and that Cygnus would get something bird like (like blue feather like things on the cheeks or something), altough that will probably never happen.

I'm liking this so far, I wonder if they're still going to give every single of these classes combos/elements or just make them like an adventurer with a totally different skill set.

16. Default

They're being called races to prevent confusion. If you say new class, most people think it's a new job for adventurers.

17. Default

Are you implying Maple TVs and Gachapons are a living species? I know we're talking about Maplestory here, but come on man. There is at least SOME logic in this silly game. Being a green dot on the mini-map isn't everything.

And Humanoid A is a special case. He's the only one that (currently, at least) exists in MS. He was the result of the work of a very intelligent man.

UPDATE: After your claim that Gachapons are an NPC species of MS, I went to investigate. Sure as the sky is blue, Gachapons are alive and, apparently, looking for some lovin'. I documented the encounter and placed it in my sig.

And yes, I'm taking her out to dinner at 6 o'clock tonight.
    Last edited by FelixTM; 2009-05-22 at 12:17 PM.

18. Default

True, but I would still love to see that the races have at least something different from the Adventurers. Takes away even more confusion right?

I wonder if they will give PQs an Hell mode and make it aviable for higher levels. I would love to see a King Slime do a 15k damage earthquake attack or something like that. *Starts to pray for this to happen*

EDIT: This would also fix the problems with PQ only monster cards and such. *Prays some more*

19. King Father Unbanned

I hope you meant something more reasonable... like 7k damage and maybe 100mil hp for people over 120 or something? 15k is half-way to JMS's damage, and I really don't want to see us start getting monsters that only double hp-washed warriors could survive...

20. Default

That's true, but the attack can easily be avoided you know. Maybe 8k for the quake since it's easy and lower damage for the rest. I think they would also get a new extra skill with each upgrade. King Slime spraying goo all over the place anyone?