1. Water

IGN: MysticHLE
    Server: Broa
    Level: 18x
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: VincitOmnia
    Alliance: Sonata
    usa

Fixing one class while screwing over another isn't exactly something Nexon would want, especially when it would result in lower Gach and less training population. You can argue all you want for the sake and justification of fixing it - it's wrong/imbalanced to leave it "glitched" indeed, but from a business perspective and taking into consideration that how the majority (and the much larger than AM player base) of the Bishop player base will be affected, Nexon isn't going to try something so drastic and sudden without providing these Bishops (who will be shafted) of some alternative that does not knock them a few steps down.

Just look at current and past trends of development. Everything, and I mean literally everything so far in terms of class balance has been done with boosting the underdog class and never shafting existing power houses (even Dark Knights - they were already strong enough, and Nexon simply created the 4th jobs of other warriors to be on par with them). The day you'll see these Ele Wands fixed is most likely when they'll come out with Holy based Ele Wands.

But of course, there can be a first for everything, so we'll just see how Nexon handles this. It's not like they don't already know about the dissent about these wands among the AM community. They know, and yet they chose to leave it for the last 10 months. This isn't something like 1h Sword GM Scrolls that only affect a minor portion of the player base. This fix, if implemented, will affect a very large player base of Bishops, and that may just be too big of a potential business risk that Nexon is willing to take just for the sake of balancing one class (not to mention, it still leaves everyone else in the dirt).
    Last edited by MysticHLE; 2009-05-23 at 10:55 AM.

2. Default

You're implying that Bishops are an underdog? That's not true whether they fix this or not - You're still ahead of 75% of the classes or more, in every conceivable regard even without these weapons. You've admitted that repeatedly so the claim that it hurts you in some way to lose these is frankly absurd. They're not force feeding you kryptonite, they're taking your asses off steroids.

You keep falling back on the "It will hurt Nexon's sales!" that you can't remotely prove. They've already supposedly made Elementals rare drops in CWK PQ. For all you know they plan to make they drop from Leafre mobs just like JMS within the next few months.

Even if they do fix it and piss you all off, we've already established pretty clearly that all bishops'll do is whine and come back for more. As long as they're around they're $$$ in Nexon's pocket for the next shiny thing Nexon lures people with.

3. Water

usa

Nope, not my implication at all. Are you to say that AMs deserve to have their sacred ele wands in their hands because they're underdogs? You're ahead of 75% of the classes too. You're also asking for steroids. Even without Ele Wands AMs 1 hit KO Newties earlier than Bishops. Is it the Bishop's fault that they excel at Skeles that are holy weak and 1 hit KO them with Genesis? Hell, why don't I see AMs splitting at Wyverns that are weaker to their elements and 1 hit KOing? You AMs are already stronger than Bishops even if both classes don't have ele wands; and even with Ele Wand, Bishops are still stronger than you only marginally and ONLY at Skeles and other holy weak mobs, which would be designed for Bishops to begin with. Why aren't you comparing Bishops' damage with yours at Blue/Red Wyverns? You're the one asking for steroids.

I didn't think I needed to prove something (which I actually could on a sound theoretical basis) that is obvious to common sense to anyone who has a mind about economics. draconis already stated his points. If you are so economically illiterate and need proof for any sound theory and prediction, then why are you - as well as other AMs blaming the prices of Ele Wands on the fact that Bishops are making their prices soar? Where would be your proof of that? Our (draconis and I) arguments are based on the same common sense applied in reverse.

As for Nexon making it Leafre mob drops, I can't be more than delighted, since then it would finally shut up you whining AMs. You think I'm personally happy with the inflated prices of these Wands too? It took me 1 month of rigorous merchanting to get mine. More easy stuff for everyone makes the game more fun, and I'd be more than happy to see it being a common drop. However, if Nexon actually "fixes" the actual attributes of the weapons, I still hold to my unbiased prediction that there will be a great decrease in the number of active Bishops, which will impact the distribution (and very likely, population as well) of all classes, the Maple economy, as well as Gach...leading back to my point of why it would not be in Nexon's (as well as Bishops') best interest to make this change at this moment.

And since when did anyone establish that all Bishops do is come back and whine for more? Certainly not you and certainly not me. In fact, earlier on in the other thread I already proved otherwise.

Oh, and for the record, I can care less for my own Bishop's Ele Wand. He's long retired at 150. But I do care about the damage of the Bishops I train with, since that directly affects my speed of training and that of others who depend on them, which further proves my point earlier in the other thread that this impact will not be just isolated in the Bishop community.
    Last edited by MysticHLE; 2009-05-23 at 12:08 PM.

4. Default

Probably cause 1 Wyvern gives about 1/3 to 1/4 the exp of a Newtie, and they don't spawn as well as Skelegons do (as well as giving 1/2 the exp).

5. Default

I've never implied that. They belong in our hands because they were made for us. That's not even debatable. It's an unquestionable, absolute fact. They were built specifically for elemental magic, and even specifically to discourage anyone but their own element. You have zero right to them. You have zero right to retain them just because an accident let you use them in the first place.

The difference being my ass has a prescription for those steroids and have trouble obtaining them because people without a prescription are taking up the supply.
    [/QUOTE]

You keep bringing price into this as if price remotely matters.
    This is about availability. Whether I have 1 meso or one-pineappleing-trillion mesos, every one of these a bishop has is one I can't get if I don't have one. You've already pointed out how drastically you outnumber the rest of us.

I'm finished discussing with you. You're latched on to your sky is falling chicken little philosophy for all you're worth regardless of how idiotic and improbable it is. Enjoy being wrong, hope you're adult enough to admit it later.

6. Water

usa

Your argument falls apart on availability. Whoever has the mesos has the power to buy. It's up to you to seek out the supply and buy it if you have the mesos. Bishops compete with each other too, and you are just part of that competition. It was equally hard for me to find an Ele Wand even when I had the mesos. Simply put, price is all that matters in the end. If you have the money, then as long as there is even one supply, you will win out the rest of the demand if you seek it.

And thanks for showing how incapable you are of actually proving me wrong. Time and time again in this thread and the other one, you have not made any evidence or backups to your claims other than "it will not happen," "it is simply not the case," etc. Enjoy being ignorant, and I hope you're adult enough to learn how to put up an actual sounding argument down the line. Even if I do turn out to be wrong, I know that I argued more logically and with more evidence than you ever did.
    Last edited by MysticHLE; 2009-05-23 at 12:17 PM.

7. Default

1) You're not supposed to be part of the demand for these items.
    2) You can't prove a non-event, it's incumbent on the person trying to prove that an event will occur to prove that the normal is going to deviate. Something you're equally incapable of doing; Occams razor - You're wrong and the status quo will remain.