Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

I just noticed there is no column for stats on shields. While I could just put mine in the face accessory column, I'm sure many people have both and would like to keep them separate for neatness.

2. Default

You know what this does?

Changes everything.

I've been calculating my damage with 1.65x damage instead of 1.75. Now I gotta do it all again.

3. Default

Here's version 1.1.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wx7vko

Change Log:
    - Removed sheet protection. Go ahead and edit as you please.
    - Added elemental wands/staves capability
    - Added a "What if?" section for creating your own calculations instead of using the preformatted ones.
    - Enforced a 1999 MATK cap. There is no MATK cap when Elemental wands/staves are used, though (meaning with elem wands, total maximum MATK possible is (1999 * 1.25) or 2498 MATK)
    - Added Magic Claw and Thunder Spear (Thunder spear is not quite done, though).
    - Added Shields (Thanks, rassilon)
    - Implemented a darker skin that's easier on the eyes
    - Fixed a few bugs concerning INT and MATK computations
    Last edited by Fiel; 2009-05-17 at 01:07 AM.

4. Default

Um, wouldn't it be better to just enter total int/luk/m.atk? Since you can get these at a glance of your stat window. Or is there any reason not to?

Great work tho, thanks.

5. Default

Breaking everything out allows you to see what effect different equipment will have, without having to change your total stats manually. Different people like different ways; I actually prefer everything split up like this, for example if I want to see if a particular equipment is worth getting. If you like using the lump sum, I think you can just use the "What If?" section.

6. Default

Well, they should all effect equally since matk and magic are 1:1. You can also have the stats of all your other equipment 0 and then for weapon type in your total magic.

7. Default

Version 1.2 is released:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aizidu

Change log:
    - Added "Eye" Accessories to the Equips section
    - Finished Thunder Spear
    - Added Chain Lightning and Blizzard

The reason why I split it all out is because some skills require different computations. Some skills react differently to elemental wands (like Ifrit not being affected by Amp/Ele wand), and some skills require chain damage calculation (Chain Lightning), or burn damage (Demon). This way you only have to change one thing in one location to see how it will affect all of your skills and not have to recalculate everything. Why should a person have to perform number crunching to put stuff in a calculator? The calculator is supposed to do it for you!

8. Default

You forgot or didn't implement Elemental (Dis)advantages for Chain Lightning, and Mob#6.

9. Default

Because by the time chain lightning is used, most players don't use them on elementally weak mobs and most players rarely hit six mobs at a time. I don't plan on implementing either. Also, it'd be a pain in the ass to figure out how to add in elemental advantages/disadvantages in such a tight space.

10. Default

Why is this? Elemental weapons directly affect damage, they multiply the damage output after all calculations by 1.25 or 1.1. They don't multiply the magic attack after which the calculation is made with the higher matk. This leads to way to high output.

11. Default

I 2nd the confusion on this, they're a final step modifier like crits not a mid-process modifier like echo.

12. Default

I 3rd this. The 1.1 or 1.25 elem bonus multiplier should be applied as the very last step, not applied to magic attack before it goes into the formula
    ((ma^2/1000+ma)/30+int/200)*spell*amp
    Otherwise it exaggerates the effect.

13. Default

Okay.
    So the current version is inaccurate with e. wand/staff ?

14. Default

I don't get how that at all has to do with splitting up equips, though.

All basic spells deal damage using the same calculation, which operates on total INT, total MATK, and spell base.
    Summons use the same formula, but don't incorporate character multipliers.
    CL multiplies the result by a fixed number.
    Demon burn is based on monster HP; nothing else.

That means that the only input required to crunch out the numbers for all the mentioned skills are:
    - Total INT
    - Total MATK
    - Skill level (assuming the associated skill tables are there, which they are)
    - Amp level
    - Elemental wand
    - Monster HP
    - Monster MDEF (which isn't there yet)
    The amount of each stat on each piece is completely irrelevant.

However, it's there anyway, so it can't hurt. If you really want to enter stuff directly from the stat window, just put down your total INT in the cell for base INT and type "=(your total magic) - (your INT)" into the cell for buff MATK. Leave everything else blank. Done.

15. Default

I/L Calculator version 1.3:

Changelog:
    - Fixed elemental wand calculation error
    - Fixed MATK calculation error in "What if...?" section when using Maple Warrior

http://www.sendspace.com/file/00maxa

I prefer having equips split up. *shrugs* I guess it's just a preference. Also, having the equips separate from base INT means calculations with Maple Warrior are possible.

16. Default

Nice, working great, except why is magic claw at max listed as 50 base attack o.o

17. Neutron
    IGN: motomage
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 18x
    Job: I/L arch mage
    Guild: Forsaken
    Alliance: Honour/Pirates

this is nice, thank you fiel

18. Default

I/L Calculator version 1.4:

Changelog:
    - Fixed Magic Claw bug