Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Moderators 1.0

1. Default

I don't know about Eos or Dusk/Stereo, but I can say that I am not at all suitable for any kind of moderation position, here or elsewhere. I may have something of an intuition in regards to problem-solving, and I may seem level-headed enough about subjects I don't care much about, but I'm far too immature, and I'm prone to abusing power for fun if I get the chance.

Contributing and moderating are completely different roles. Most importantly, moderation requires responsibility. You don't have to be accountable for all your actions to be able to help people out. In fact, you can alternate between contributing usefully and racking up 5-6 infraction points in a row. Several people on the site already do this routinely.

I don't think it's just that Eos has been helpful to the community. He's proven himself to be a sensible and trustworthy person, someone that I would feel secure entrusting with the power to hand out infractions. (Actually, I don't know that entirely, as I haven't been paying attention, but evidently whoever picked him thinks so.)

Also, rather amusingly, I believe he is older than my sister and me combined.
    Last edited by Russt; 2009-10-27 at 08:23 PM. Reason: reread my post and realized how indecipherable it was

2. Default

Concurred. And therefore belated congratulations to Eos. You were my favorite SP girl and that doesn't change much even after you grew a...

3. Default

Anyway, I don't see what this fuss is all about. So what if Eos became a mod? Congratulate him and let's move on.

4. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

It's like getting a new President, ya know?