Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Damage Calculator

A damage calculator has been added to the site. It's useful for quick calculations or simple "what-if?" scenarios.

You can access it through the Quick Links menu in the navbar or by clicking here

Credits to Hidden-Street for the base calculator design. I couldn't have done it without them.
    Last edited by Fiel; 2009-05-16 at 04:54 AM.

2. Default

It's way low for gunslinger damage range, mine, using
    This screenshot
    came out about 80/120 lower than it really is. Note 6 att gloves, 59 attk weapon.

Lol @ Fiel hopping on the weak Gunslinger bandwagon (just kidding)
    Last edited by MasPan; 2009-05-08 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Puce and Fiel lol'ing.

3. Default

Did you forget to add bullets?

EDIT: Your stats work just fine with 85 weapon attack and 60% mastery.

4. Default

Like we're supposed to magically know the attack of your gun.

5. Default

Ah, that's what I was missing. Ty, I am so used to non-projectile classes...cue the facepalm emote. @ Above, 59 attk.

-Edit
    Also, after putting in my projection info for my slinger at lv 110 (using Vital Bullets, not Shiny, and keeping my 6 att WG, but adding a MoN) I end up with almost 3k on the top of my range. 12 attk pot included, I pass it. That's about 6k per shot of Burst, totalling 18k. Holy damn that's nice :D

Throwing an apple into the mix makes it 5150 on the top, or about 10k per burst shot, for 30k each hit. GLEE!

My slinger, when appled, would be able to far surpass my PA DrK's speed when Papping at 30 levels lower...wow...
    Last edited by MasPan; 2009-05-08 at 11:04 PM.

6. Default

Not necessarily. Because your slinger is at level 110 versus Pap's 125, your slinger would take a 15% damage penalty.

7. Default

True, but that would only knock his damage down to Mas's, while still being a lot faster and having more range (Mas has no stance, so still gets KB'd and has to walk/rush back).

8. Default

Still untested. I'll test it later today.

9. Default

zomg, this will be so much easier than having to log onto my friends .. "game" to test out my dmg and range with diff equips

10. Default

Just throwing this out there, but since clicking it takes you away from the page you're on, maybe you could make it automatically open in a new window or be a small pop-up that you can close when you're finished with it? I can just right click and open in new tab/window, but I'm not sure if everyone has that option and whatnot.

Thanks for adding it, though. Very useful. :D

11. Default

I just uploaded a new version of the calculator. I ripped out a bunch of junk that was completely unnecessary and added the ability to input amp and projectile weapon attack (since people seem to forget that a lot).

12. Default

xD

13. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

bleh

Edit: hahaha, silly little mistake on my part f3... never mind :3
    Last edited by shouri; 2009-05-09 at 11:34 PM.

14. Default

Were you MW'd?

15. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Oh silly me... I put in my BASE int >>
    lols.
    I have 804 total int, that fixed it >>

Also, yes, yes i was MW'd both times.... not that that matters any more though.

On a different note:
    The pirate one doesn't work yet?
    I get a range of NaN~ NaN when i hit the button. Every possible box was filled in.
    Last edited by shouri; 2009-05-09 at 11:38 PM.

16. Default

I gotta fix that. I know what it is, hold on.

EDIT: Should be fixed now. Give it a shot.

17. Default

It'll probably be easier for people if you tack on things that affect damage range instead of straight up mastery, spell attack, etc. Like for amp %, just ask for their level of amp and use that number to reference the percentage. For mastery %, ask for level mastery/expertise/spell/spell level, and stuff like that.

18. Lazy Mathematician Female
    California

Pirates one works now. Also fiel, might i suggest a % calculation on the end along the lines of:

Skill %(defaulted to 100) for those people who dont feel like doing calculations on what 810% of their damage EXACTLY is. That line could then be outputted below the first damage range as:

Skill dmg range: X' ~ X

(Note, that's not me... I'm a math major after all )