Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

Since birth I think.

3. Default

Wait, what is a Private Message? Does that take a Firefox add-on or something?

4. Default

That's talent. I can't keep a straight face nearly that long.

Course the joke's usually on me anyway, so I guess it all evens out.

5. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

^

6. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 200
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

Psh f'uck PMs and applications, Paul. Khainian brothas on da BL all da wayin'! Pull me some strangs and hook me up bro. kthnx.

7. Default

Routing info = number that you see at the bottom of your own checks. It's very important =P

8. Default

I thought it had something to do with a router. Lol.

9. Default

I have some infractions, but not many, and would love to participate. I mainly spend time in Funhouse and Scroll Lock, but I constantly use the new posts feature to browse/lurk. I also spend several hours on SP when working. I'm willing to discuss any potential restrictions based on my infractions if it would mean I could still participate.

10. Default

lol. I don't think MasPan actually read the topic post.

11. Default

I think mah supah srs PM bypassed Fiel's sarcasm sensor...<3 my new title.
    Last edited by MasPan; 2009-05-02 at 05:35 AM.

12. Default

Getting past the sarcasm of it all I have been wondering this same thing ever since they incorporated the idea.

If they can't do any real damage, actually ban people, then why send them to other servers? Don't you think the players on Mardia know who the hackers on Mardia are? Don't you think we know which guilds to follow? There usually isn't a more dedicated employee than your user base if you use them right. Nobody cares more about the hackers in Mardia than Mardian's, nobody cares more about the hackers in Scania than Scanian's. Do you think I care if people hack in Bera?

Hopefully Nexon puts some teeth into this program before it gets online.

13. Default

Clearly even Mardian's don't care about the hackers in Mardia or they wouldn't still be present in so called legit guilds and people wouldn't still fawn over and respect Johnny, Mikey, and Eunice like they actually achieved something.

14. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

Full name (First and Last): Jordan Everyletterofthealphabetandmore
    Birth Date: 0 A.D.
    Your Account Name: chocolate is yummy
    Forum ID (if applicable): holyforest
    Your bank account number and routing information: erm.....222222222222, up, down, left, right
    Your mother's maiden name: Everyletterofthealphabetandmoreminus100

1. Does the name and birthdate on your account match your real name and birthdate? If not, tell us why you're a retard.
    Maybe.

2. For what times do you plan on volunteering?
    Any time is spiffy for me.

3. Include city, country, and time zone.
    No one needs to know village, No one needs to know, *insert time zone*

4. Are you a hacker? (No, this is not a trick question)
    Whatever you say.

5. What boards do you normally post in?
    General, Rubik's Cube, Funhouse, and other things.

6. If you qualify, would you be able to submit a copy of one of the following forms of identification: Driver's License, state identification, dog's pedigree, or urine sample?
    No, but I can give you a chocolate chip cookie.

7. Is there any prior abuse on your account that you know of? If so, tell us why you're a retard.
    Nothing that comes to mind right now.

8. Before I investigate your account, is there anything else that you wish to include?
    My aunt is in Mensa (no joke), I like chocolate.

15. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

It's more due to their presence that eliminates people, not their actual banning skills.

I mean, what hacker wouldn't be scared of someone that can turn invisible and teleport across the Maple World?

16. Default

None of them apparently, since GMs have both those powers plus the BanHammer but weren't accomplishing anything. The aveage hacker is going to know that all the Guides can do is stalk them invisibly and spam reports that the same GM staff that hasn't done squat historically will continue to ignore today.

It's entirely up to the GMs to make this work, because no amount of guides is going to accomplish anything if the reports aren't acted on.

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Well, that is true, but well...GMs aren't present. So that's why hackers aren't afraid of getting banned, because they think the GMs are never on.

The hackers might be scared of the chance of getting banned now, since MapleGuides are actually present...there's a (much?) higher chance of getting banned.

I don't think they will ignore the MapleGuides that much...y'know the amount of hackers GMs banned recently.

18. Default

We can only hope that there are a significant number of guides, who cover a significant (or randomly changing enough to appear significant) range of times, and that the info they provide gets acted upon in a swift and brutal manner.

Without teeth behind it, this program is no better than the "Alert GM", so I'll be very interested in seeing how it plays out.