Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default [1.2.223] Aran Race Changes

Since I just finished writing my handy dandy new SkillReader program, I thought I'd give it a test run here. I'll be incorporating some of the translations from the other topic (including Serendipity's, which I had forgotten to do), to make sure that these are the most accurate possible. I'm just redoing all of the skill tables because they made that many changes!

The below only relates to my guesses about the class

CLASS WEAKNESSES:
    - Stun/seduce breaks combos. Certain boss mobs that Aran would normally excel at (Papulatus, Zakum) turn out to be poor choices due to their ability to stun.
    - The best exp/hour mobs tend to be ones that can be 1-2HKO'd. However, this class needs to have mobs with higher hits/KO in order to use their combo efficiently. This can lead to slower training and make it harder to reach higher levels.
    - Aegis Shield, a would-be necessity for bossing parties, cannot be an "on-all-the-time" buff because the Aran needs a 300 combo to activate it. This means at least the first minute or two of boss fights will not have the Aegis buff.
    - Aran is limited to slight variations of double/triple attack until level 200. The only time when Aran can use other skills is by using up the combo.
    - Typical warrior accuracy problems.

CLASS STRENGTHS:
    - Due to the large lack of active buffs, dispel does not affect the Aran class as much as others.
    - This is the only class that can freeze boss monsters!
    - While it may appear at first that no Improving MaxHP is a problem, Continual Drain completely solves it. Arans should have no problems with HP.
    - Smart Knockback makes life easier for all party members. KBing a boss monster means it attacks less.
    - Aran class excels at small, single-level maps with tightly packed mobs.

FAQ:
    Q: Will this be the only Aran race class?
    A: Don't know. Can't be known until KMST patches.

Q: What will the other classes be?
    A: Who the hell knows? Just sit tight.

Q: Why do you say that Sharp Eyes can stack?!
    A: I don't. That just happens to be the skill icon they're using for that particular skill.

Q: What are the "hidden" skills in third & fourth job?
    A: For FullSwing, the "FullSwing - Double Attack" is called first and the "FullSwing - Triple Attack" is called in quick succession. Likewise with Overswing. That's how the skill works.

Q: What happened to the polar bear attack?
    A: It's still there. The skill icons aren't quite finished yet in Tespia so it's not obvious which one it is. The skill "Polearm Finisher" (Fourth Job) is the one that has the polar bear in it.

LOTS OF VIDEOS

First Job

Second Job

Third Job

Fourth Job

Credit: Many thanks to Serendipity for help with skill translations.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Aww. There goes the +3 boost.

Do you mind noting what they changed? ;-;

3. Proton

IGN: Buddyless
    Server: Scania
    Level: 10x
    Job: Chief Bandit
    Guild: Presense
    Alliance: Presense

I want to see those thief jobs >:O

4. Default

Hmmm... this'll be fun re-adjusting my build. As they change it so will my build. So far nothing needs to be changed as far as I can see. They just made drain better.

2nd Jorb:
    Spoiler

3rd jorb
    Spoiler

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Ah man. -1 to booster speed. These guys could have been the Pole Arm masters of the Maple universe.

6. Default

When I say -1 to booster speed, I mean that it speeds up the speed by 1. It's confusing, I know. Just know that I mean increase.

This is all a direct rip of the data, pretty much. I only altered how PA Mastery looks because the way the data shows it is kinda screwy.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

Bad wording on my part. I meant the booster speed is just your standard +2 speed, when before it was a unique and nice +3 to weapon speed. If it stayed +3, it'd distinguish the Aran warriors (from a lore point of view) as masters of pole arms since their entire fighting style specializes solely on that weapon. Spearman/DKs/DrKs can use Pole Arms too, but they give up specialization for flexibility of learning both Pole Arms and Spears.
    Last edited by IllegallySane; 2009-04-29 at 04:53 PM.

8. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

SE... stacks?

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

With it's crit ability? I will have to assume so. Why?

*OH WAIT. If you mean will it (SE + Crit ability) x 6, then oh god. No way that it'll work that way. (Crit Ability x 6) + SE, I'm sure of it.

10. Default

It's not SE. Basically it's 60% crit rate with +60% damage. Making it 75% crit @ 200% damage with SE.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon

This implies that this class will be pretty dang strong at bosses. Who cares if they are MEANT to be a mobber class? All those rapid hits are going to really add up. +10% more crit chance than even a Night Lord, although I'm not sure if the extra 10% chance makes enough of a difference to make the class a possible DPS. I'll need Dusk or Russt to crunch numbers if they're bored.

12. Default

This was exactly what I thought, I wonder how it works. Is their SE a party skill? Because if it's a party skill, wouldn't the stacking make it better than Archer's SE?

13. Default

In addition to the fact that their Overswing is 626% damage total. 2 hits of 150%, 2 hits of 160%. Or they could just spam bearclaw which does 400% to 12. Plus, they only have to do 10% of the KB damage (assuming the skill works on bosses). Can you say <3 14k damage to KB PB?

It's not a party skill.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

It better, otherwise it's nigh useless to even pick up.

I noticed 1st job was definitely nerfed, but 2nd and 3rd job was buffed here and there. Getting interesting. Also, I wonder why Snow Charge says it attacks 6 enemies.

Typing this up as Fiel just uploaded the 4th job stuff. HOLY pomegranate 1,500% damage Blizzard, yet it costs no MP to use. Wait, 40 seconds? Huh? You get to Blizzard the entire area for 40 seconds? :spook:

*Aegis Shield being 240 seconds now is a big relief, because building up 300 hits in 2 minutes is pure madness. Advanced PA Mastery is so weird. 76% mastery? Wut?

15. Default

The formula for how mastery works is this...

10% base mastery + (5% * Mastery_Number)

So if the mastery number in the skill description is 16, that adds 80% mastery on top of 10% base mastery to achieve a grand total of 90% mastery.

I didn't want to bother changing it, lol.

EDIT: Also, for blizzard the enemy is slowed or in a frozen state for that amount of time.

16. Default

Hmm, I wonder why there is still only one branch. On top of that the login screen for character creation, for the faction part, has Aran on it with only the warriors.

Could Aran Race just be 1 class? We saw the other 4 classes of Cygnus quicker then this, correct? o_o;

17. Default

Now I've got to ask, what's the catch with this class? It does a ton of damage, lots of mobbing meaning fast training, but what does it give up in exchange? Is it just really hard to use its amazing skills since you need to get your combo to 300 to use them?

18. Default

Because Charges are supposed to damage enemies nearby when you cast it.