Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Oh wow...
    Replace the damage %s with the current ones and there you go. These guys are just all around BAMFs. 40 seconds of freeze on non-bosses, and 1500% damage to bosses.

2. Default

Not exactly. Strikers were released on 10-18, and the next two classes were brought out on 10-29. Meaning since this came out yesterday, if there are more classes they should be coming out in early may.

3. Default

I remember the Striker (Cygnus Pirate) being alone for like a month, then they showed there would be others. Even most of us were speculating that the Striker would be a 3rd branch to the regular Pirate class, that had a summon and electric element.

I'd find it stupid to design and implement a new system, the combo system and have just one, linear class take advantage of it.

4. Default

I want my Back flipping Crossbowmen.

5. Default

Remember, they still need to charge up their combo to over 300.

I'd imagine that while bossing their combo would charge at most 10 a second. That's 30 seconds before they can use this. And I'd imagine it's not spammable or you'd lose your combo.

6. Default

20% damage off and 626% single target. They're pretty well off I'd say.

Fiel, did they change Fullswing or Overswing?

7. Default

Oopsy daisy. I forgot to check that. Hold on a moment while I have a look.

8. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'm assuming these buff animations that take a lot of combo hits are long enough so that you lose the combo while activating it.

9. Default

I can confirm this. Aegis Shield uses the same skill movements as Genesis. By the time you finish casting Aegis the combo counter will have reset.

EDIT: lol, I finally understand the "(hidden)" skills now. Dummy meeeeeeee.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Interesting...so you have to balance your combo and make wise choices on how to sacrifice the combo in order to best influence whatever situation you're in.

11. Default

What about all the other skills (Including PA Finisher)?

Also, does Full & Overswing do 2 hits of 90% for Double Attack/2 hits of 153% for Triple attack? And what does hidden mean?

12. Default

Here's how the "(hidden)" skills work. It's pretty simple now that I understand it.

The skills which is something like "Double Attack Twice / Triple Attack Twice" is actually the culmination of two different skills according to the game data.

Let's consider Overswing. In the skill data, the Overswing skill points to the skill strings and that's about it. This is why Isaac and I were confused about how the skill worked. However, in the internal game code (meaning the EXE file) Overswing also points to the two hidden skills. Each of these hidden skills is called in quick succession when you press the Overswing skill button. I do not fully understand why they have all of this set up as three separate skills (OverSwing, DoubleAttack (hidden), and TripleAttack (hidden)), but that's how it's done.

In short:
    Press OverSwing button --> Automatically casts DoubleAttack (hidden) --> Automatically casts TripleAttack (hidden)

Let me check the delays on OverSwing and FullSwing

FOR FULLSWING:
    --> Double Attack
    ----> 3 Frames
    ------> 150 + 120 + 150
    --> Triple Attack
    ----> 3 Frames
    ------> 90 + 60 + 60

FOR OVERSWING:
    --> Double Attack
    ----> 4 Frames
    ------> 90 + 90 + 120 + 120
    --> Triple Attack
    ----> 3 Frames
    ------> 90 + 90 + 60

13. Default

wat

I'd do it, but (1) I don't know skill timers (they seem tricky for this class anyway), and (2) the skills are probably too volatile at the moment.

Oh, on that note, Fiel, could you take a look at what Character.wz says about this?

I kinda want to see the Cygnus skills too, so might as well just dump the whole set.
    Fiel is a uber ninja.
    Last edited by Russt; 2009-04-29 at 06:36 PM.

14. Default

So, is the skill there to add points into or what? That's the only thing I don't get.

15. Default

Yes, there is a skill to add points into. Adding points into the Overswing skill will automatically add points to the "hidden" skills, though these hidden skills will never appear in the skillbook.

16. Default

Oh, alright. Makes sense then. This class is sounding more interesting by the moment. Any way you could pull some data out on Continuous drain?

17. Default

Wait.

No way.

What other dark secrets are hidden there?

18. Default

Don't read too much into that statement.

19. Default

The KMST website says Polearm toss wasn't implemented yet, maybe b/c they have to make "being lifted" as a different status condition.

Fiel, if you need translations for anything, send me a PM

20. Default

If you're doing KMST tests, could you give me some sort of idea of how Cont drain works? That'd be lovely.