1. BDRyan

Default Server outage/repair 4/29/09

At approximately 12:30 AM Central Daylight Time (that's GMT -6), the server hosting southperry.net went into readonly mode (those of you familiar with Linux, you would know this usually indicates a hardware failure on the server). 30 minutes later, it became completely unresponsive.

It returned at 2:30 AM CDT, after the host and I coordinated a migration of the server to a new rack. This one seems to be a *LOT* faster than the previous one and apparently more stable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this downtime caused.

2. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

thanks? @-a

3. Default

Ummmm who the heck is bulldog?

4. Default

BullDog - Systems Administrator

OT: Thanks for the info. I was wondering why it crashed last night.

5. Default

I find it funny how at least one person asks this question whenever he posts.

I noticed some lag before the crash and was wondering what was going on, hopefully this new server will stop that.

6. Default

After getting many blank pages no matter what I clicked on (which meant a fatal error occurred), I figured something went seriously wrong xD

7. Wanderer of the Dark
    IGN: litesorceror
    Server: scania
    Level: 8X
    Job: I/L Mage
    Guild: lifestream
    Alliance: i wish

this

i actually tried irc, flowsion ms, and vent, and no one seemed to have mentioned it so i just rode it out and waited.

8. Proton
    IGN: Obike
    Server: Windia
    Level: xXx
    Job: Hybrid Hero
    Guild: EmuFarm
    Alliance: AnimalPact

zomg first I thought my internet was down! Then I checked at a different website... then I thought my computer had a virus/network bug! So I ran a virus scan... then I thought ZOOMFG WHAT IF NEXON GOT SO PISSED AT SP AS TO SEND PEOPLE TO TAKE DOWN THEIR SERVERS?!

Then I shrugged and figured, probably just a server problem... I should go to bed...

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Good thing I was sleeping at this time. Heh.

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Thank you Bulldog!

I was experiencing nothing but white screen at the time.

11. BDRyan

Here's what our host said when I first contacted them about the problem around 12:25 AM CDT (GMT-6):

I sent the requested reply asking for them to do that, 30 minutes later it was done and we were on this faster node. This should solve the problems that have plauged the site for the past few months.

Oh. One more thing. Since so many people have asked every time I posted something, I suppose I'll just go ahead and post a little profile for you guys:

My name is Ryan, age 23. Online I go by the nickname "BullDog". It's a nickname I was given in my freshman year in high school by my PE coach, and it kinda stuck since then. I reside in Irving, Texas (which is about 3 or 4 miles to the west-northwest of the city of Dallas), and have been for 16 years now. Having lived in this area for that long leads to my primary hobby: studying the weather. I'm also quite the computer geek, I know a lot about them inside and out.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    IGN: ZidaneKun
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Integrity
    Alliance: Excellence
    usa

Hi Ryan! You should make a profile... We have great fun in the Social Section. You don't even have to know anything about MapleStory.

Maybe no one will ask your name next time there is an issue.

13. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: Me
    Server: Life
    Level: 17
    Job: Working Hard
    Guild: Doing Good
    Alliance: For the Earth
    California

You should put your profile under Meet the Staff. It'd be great if we all got to know you a little better.