Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Official Nexon Vote On the Maple Deputy Rename

See link in forum - You must sign in to Vote or it will only show you the current results. Get your vote in before it locks for real:

http://forum.nexon.net/MapleStory/fo...d/2618077.aspx

2. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Heads up on this too.

3. Default

Yeah I'm not advocating that one.
    Sheep + Ticket System + "Suggestions", well, we already know what happens when you give the masses a reason to use the ticketing system thanks to Tespia... I'd rather not have real issues buried under "WHAT COLORS ARE COPPER DARKES LOL? and "WHAT YOU CALL PIGGEH ON FIRE?".

Shudder.

Enough they're already being bombarded with MapleGuide applicatins when people were specficially told it's not time and that's not how.

4. Default

Wow, they chose my name suggestion and it's winning! Go me. :D

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

A bunch of people said MapleWatch, if I remember correctly .

6. Default

Oh. And here I thought I was special. :(

Ah well. Maple Watch is still a great name though.

EDIT: Actually only one other person suggested it before me, and their post was on the first page. Mine's on the 23rd... >.>
    Last edited by Tikey; 2009-04-28 at 10:21 PM.

7. Default

Inb4 "Who watches the MapleWatch?"

8. Default

But not in before

9. Default

Brawler; Level 30: Q: What object does a Brawler always have on hand to help them hide? (Hint: Not a cardboard box. That would just be silly) A: Barrel

Lol MGS reference in their example <_<

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Well hey, you want watchers that aren't retarded right? This is the perfect indirect way to do it.

Edit: Here's my question submission.

Last edited by Takebacker; 2009-04-28 at 11:33 PM.

11. Default

Really I don't see the submit-a-question helping much as the actual questions that get picked. Especially not when GMs are going to have to sort through them to weed out the moron from the mundane and magnificent.

Better here than SW or Basil that he did that though.
    Much lower monkey to human ratio here.

12. GLADIGATORS
    usa

If they get a handful of questions like the ones i sent them (see above), i'm sure they'll have one hell of a time finding people dedicated to maple enough to actually get past the quiz part.

13. Default

My account is locked out due to open ticket so I can't actually submit questions >_>

anyway.
    Q: Why is the Headless Horseman riding a pink horse?
    A: It's his old friend Lefaye who was turned into a horse by Dr. Krakia

Q: What's the only Fast Blunt Weapon over level 100?
    A: Trick question, there isn't one

Q: What do the Versalians decorate at Christmas?
    A: A cactus!

e: At Takebacker, your 2nd question is not 100% correct. High HP bandits save money by leaving MG off since they can use percentage pots more efficiently. (borderline is around 6000 hp iirc)

14. GLADIGATORS
    usa

99.5% correct. How many HP shadowers do you know? I know of one in my entire career.

I don't see how leaving it off makes % pots more efficient anyway. Explain?

I liked that BW question, btw. xD

15. Default

With all due respect, asking questions about specific game mechanics is a pretty silly idea. There are plenty of helpful people who don't know these things. You want questions that just show that the applicant has a general level of intelligence and has been around for long enough that the questions would seem obvious. I think the questions should be something that can easily be looked up with a little effort. Stereo's last question is a great example.

Q: What is the name of the main boss in Leafre?
    A: Horntail

Q: How many bosses do you have to fight in the Crimsonwood Keep Party Quest?
    A: 4

Q: What is the name of the leader of the Leafre village?
    A: Tatamo

It'd be more than enough to keep out the total idiots, believe me.
    Last edited by Dusk; 2009-04-29 at 12:15 AM.

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

If a GM/watcher sees a buccaneer/shadower and doesn't know s'hit about game mechanics enough to see us not getting hit and ban us because they don't know invincibility frames exist, so f'ucking help me i'll drive a week and down 100 gallons of gas to rape every single GM over there for not knowing the game they police.

If you saw a 17x buccaneer or shadower standing in the middle of zaks body not being hit with minimal knowledge about how the game worked, what would you think? Ban? I THINK SO! *presses button*

This whole system screams disaster if the quiz doesn't have questions like this.

Edit: I hope you see where i'm coming from. I'm getting to 12x this summer or bust. I have to make sure nothing happens to make my time and money void.

17. Default

Meh, I'm in the same boat as Stereo, open ticket from almost 8 months ago.

Yeah, I'd rather if people knew how game mechanics worked...We don't need people seeing Corsairs "Fly hack".

18. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

NEIN NEIN NEIN, Backspin Blow DOES NOT give invincible affect. Immediately after the attack is finished you are fully open to attacks.

19. Default

-Starts to study up on everything and everyone in the game-

20. Default

while the animation is in place, you are invincible. After the attack is done, you're not anymore. It's the same as barrage.