Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [KMST] [1.2.222] The Aran Race

1. Default

Glad I scrolled a polearm in time for this to come out

2. Default

If only the strings were true. The boss attack isn't 2400% in the skill data. The strings are wrong. :(

3. Default

Someone typo'd a 0?

And by the obvious, I take it this class has an actual 4th job, unlike Cygnus which seems to have no 4th job or an empty 4th job that is not open yet...

4. Default

Wow.. this will undoubtedly be an interesting race.. I'm looking forward more of this.

5. Default

Oh baby. They have a party skill, and it will be heavily desired. Hold on, I'm typing it up now.

6. Default

Yeah, Aegis Shield is probably the most badass move ever, lol.

7. Default

Aegis Shield + Shadower = Unkillable (except for Dispel.)

8. Default

" This combo requires at least 300 on the Combo Counter. "

We're going to need to see how much that's going to take, though. And have level 10 Continual Drain.

9. Default

Lol Aegis Shield + Invincible is pretty sweet also.

10. Default

My speculation is that Full Swing and Over Swing just boost Double Swing and Triple Swing's damage passively, like how Burst Fire is a passive boost to Double Fire for Outlaws.

Alternatively, it could be a buff if it is listed as an active skill as opposed to a passive, you don't seem to have that listed.

However, the damage% listed does seem to differ from an effectiveness standpoint; it makes sense for Full Swing's Triple Swing Bonus, but it appears that Double Swing is lowered, but twice. Possibly, it would allow for a double hit attack during Double Swing, as opposed to a single strike.

The character mechanics appear to be that combos occur during the attack animation if you press the attack button.
    ex: Max Double Attack = A
    Press A; One attack, 160%.
    Press A, and press A while in Double Attack animation, two attacks occur successively, 160% each, in a way that would be faster and more efficient than just two unchained Double Attacks.
    Accordingly, Full Swing could possibly divide the Double Attack swings into two hits:
    Press A; Two hits, 90% each, which would total to higher than the original 160% at max, making it a beneficial boost.
    Full chain would be Two Double Attacks in quick succession, equaling 90%x4.
    By dividing the attack into more multiple hits, it allows for a greater representation of a "Combo chain", and promotes damage with Critical Combo.

Similar to how Buster for Dragon Knights gains differing hits according to level, some not being as efficient nor powerful as the previous, this would create a more "difficult" or complex skill build to consider. At first, Full Swing would be detrimental towards attacking with Double Attack (provided it's a passive boost), but it contributes towards your Triple Swing regardless. Consequently, the same occurs for Over Swing, where Triple Swing's constituent combo attacks are broken down into double hits.

Is there any information in there about Stun Length as well?

11. Default

looks awesome!

just a side note, the skill you have labeled as "snow up" is actually called "snow charge".

12. Default

It looks like Double Attack and Triple Attack are skills that modify the normal attack into a combo. This class doesn't get a standard spamming attack move like Power Strike, and seems to rely on using normal attacks into 4th job.

This is how I'm interpreting it:

You press your standard attack button: your character attacks.

You press Double Attack while attacking: your character uses MP and quickly launches into a mobbing attack without any delay. With Full Swing, the animation changes into a 2-hit attack instead. I'm guessing it converts your normal Double Attack into an up slash and a down slash, kind of like Brandish.

You press Triple attack while using Double Attack: your character uses more MP and combos into a third mob attack . With Full Swing, the damage on this increases. With Over Swing, this turns into a second, stronger, up slash down slash attack.

Kind of like a controllable Final Attack, or Marth's forward B in SSBM, I guess.

Edit: With the addition of Polearm Push in 2nd job, large max mobs on each skill, freezing capability in 3rd job, and the ability to KB just about everything and keep pushing it, this class looks like it'll train best at big, super mobby, flat maps like Magatia mobs and Himes. It'll probably be a constant spam of Attack -> Double -> Triple -> Rush, piling up gigantic mobs, and occasionally using one of the finishers.
    Last edited by Dusk; 2009-04-22 at 01:32 PM.

13. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Oh wow. Think it'll be a continuous string of attacks where you can alternate or does normal attack have to string into double -> triple etc every single time?

14. Default

It'd probably make more sense if Triple could link back into Double, because normal attacks suck and would disrupt the entire combo chain, unless for some reason the normal attacks also hit 6 mobs. I'm totally speculating along with everyone else, though, we'll have to see.

15. Default

Meh looks horrible. I had zero interest in Street Fighter as I hate that stye of game...I dont want it coming to Maple.

Aegis Shield
    The damage of all party members is reduced for a duration.

Erm you might want to specify that a bit more...sounds like the damage we deal is reduced, not what we receive.
    Last edited by Chameleonic; 2009-04-22 at 01:47 PM.

16. Default

This is certainly an interesting... drastic change to gameplay.
    It looks fun to play, although I suspect people who like one button spamming won't like it.
    Current PA DrK's need that skill so they can make their damage closer to everyone else. Except it should affect everyone on the map.

17. Default

According to Spadow it's 2380:
    Lv. 30 : 보스 몬스터에게 데미지 2380%, 얼음화 지속시간 40초

But wow...AMAZING class.

Oh, and in case you guys didn't see them all:
    Original + some kept animations: http://spadow.wordpress.com/2009/04/...217-new-class/
    First Changed Animations (doesn't include the old ones that they kept):: http://spadow.wordpress.com/2009/04/...217-new-class/
    Second Changed Animations (doesn't include the old ones that they kept): http://spadow.wordpress.com/2009/04/...219/#more-1936
    Last edited by y0y0y0y0shi0; 2009-04-22 at 02:45 PM.

18. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

DIBS on the SholinJohn name for when this comes out!

Seriously, this is seeming more and more like a pole staff monk @_a itll be more button intense than marauders are @_@

19. Water
    IGN: TheLolSniper
    Server: Windia
    Level: 64
    Job: lolbolts
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: Unity

lolwut @ 24 second stun. I'm guessing it's interruptable though.

But seriously, I want this more than Cygnus. I'm just wondering though, is this the only class for the Ahran race?