Consume your soul with every use?

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Hmm, Polearm Booster at 1st, Drain buff at 2nd, 4,000% polearm attack at 2nd.

The 2nd Soul Blade automatically invalidates the first one in terms of sheer power. I wonder what's up with that.
    Last edited by IllegallySane; 2009-04-07 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Shear instead of sheer. lawl

3. Default

Hmm... it'd be helpful if we could see Soul Blade #2 animated, but as it stands right now, it reminds me of Heaven's Hammer very strongly.

Also, it is possible that they plan to do an alternate class for each weapon?
    Seeing how this one uses polearms, and each Cygnus is only allowed one weapon.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Seems to be forced slash too.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon

Doesn't matter. 10 x 400% = 4,000. Even if the 1st Soul Blade is 6 x 600%, it's only 3,600%. Point being, hitting 10 mobs with 400% damage each is insanely overpowered.

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

How does it not matter? You're just comparing the two. I'm only talking about the 4000% one. 4000% at a time with a pole arm that's forced slash not to mention they get rush? They're obviously going to get that pomegranate nerfed like hell but still...

7. Default

Flash Fist skill thing, since it's passive, I'm thinking it might be like Energy Charge, but it's just to charge a bar.

When that bar is filled up, you can use one of those other, powerful skills. After you use one of those, you consume your bar and must charge it again, sorta like Super Combos (or whatever they're called) in Marvel vs Capcom, etc, games.

That's the conclusion I've come up with to this thing.

8. Default

Requirements to create, 3 lvl 200 chars on the same account, 3lvl 120 cygnus's on same account, and max mesos used in creation of char... (thats maybe 1% in KMS?)

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

That makes no sense in that they won't have an attack skill in 1st job though. I was thinking something like that but instead having it so that you have to pull off 3 consecutive attacks using the first blade to activate pole arm smash.

10. DUCKS
    IGN: Mondays
    Level: 170
    Job: White Knight
    Guild: Affinity
    Alliance: Honour
    norway

hmm. Polearms are warrior only, so they may make an uberlow attack-PA for this class or something?

11. Default

They use regular pole arms.
    Again, this is a race, it's going to use the same weapons that are out.

Almost all the skills I've looked at hit large numbers of monsters (10 and 12, very few single target skills). They also have huge MP costs (40,50, 150MP for one skill. For a regular warrior this is prohibitively expensive). No doubt this is definitely going to be a Pole Arm warrior class.

12. Default

From the images I've seen so far, it looks pretty sweet. But since we don't have enough information as of now, it's up to our creative minds to just speculate. And since we're almost certainly getting Cygnus before this... I just lost my train of though. o_o

Just a question, if there's an answer. Does this thing need to originally be linked to another character, like Cygnus ones?

13. Orbital Bee Cannon

Seriously, what's up with this class? 6 mobs attacks, 10 mob attacks, 12 mob attacks; many have really high multipliers, and some are AoE (Soul Driver is one). It's like they are trying to create a Archmage version of a warrior.

14. Default

They are starting to to have major changes in MapleStory lately. Weird. It's like it's a whole new game.

Or not. :P

15. Default

Wow I can't wait to see more info about this, it looks really cool but the skills right now look totally weird.

16. Default

I wouldn’t worry too much about the %’s they will no doubt adjust them. The possible passive drain skill sounds really interesting. With all the different attacks and buffs this class seems way to godly. I’m really interested to see how it will turn out in the end, and what more is to come.

17. Default

Hmmm....no mention of it in the patch update notes on the official site.
    Just something about 6th anniversary events and pic changes for maple spear.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

And don't forget. It's got a 4th job tier as well. Really crazy stuff. This really makes me tempted, gonna stock up on polearms then. A warrior with speed (Dash/Flash Jump + 2nd job Rush) is very hot.