Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Harrisonized

Here's the ticket I sent to them:
    Case #00439052

Guess what they replied with:

It took them 4 days to respond and all they did was autoreply it.

2. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Southperry:
    Server: Land
    Level: of
    Job: Chinchillas,
    Guild: Pineapples,
    Alliance: and opossums.

the way i see it....
    considering the servers has a function that erases your item. when trading\dropping\npcing the item, the server will check if its locked. if not, erase it. if do, return.

basically when dark scrolling something\using it for a quest, the server directly calls the "erase" function, regardless of if the item is locked or not.

3. Harrisonized

What you say interests me.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that during the server check, they just make a list of all the items (that need to be unlocked) in order, copy them, erase them, then return the copies to their respective owners?

If that were the case, and the server can figure out that capes only go to +5, does that mean that it's possible my cape becomes +5 and retains the same stats, or get rolled back?

4. Won't Be Coming Back

IGN: Southperry:
    Server: Land
    Level: of
    Job: Chinchillas,
    Guild: Pineapples,
    Alliance: and opossums.

what..?
    i was talking about scrolling\using locked items in quests. in server checks they only go into their DB and change "locked" from 1 to 0.

5. Harrisonized

Oh. I get what you mean now.

But some MSEA people told me that people have locked their own mounts and screwed themselves over... which directly contradicts what you say...

6. Harrisonized

Default Regarding Locked Items, Part 2

Today I received a rather strange reply to my ticket:
    The first thing I noticed was that we needed the answer to the Secret Question. Crap, I forgot what I answered, because the answer to my secret question is a NUMBER. Yes, a number, despite the question asking for my friend's name... Since they removed that requirement from changing the info, I have no method of verifying which number I used.

The second thing I noticed was this: "Be advised that this item is there to help players protect their belongings and it is just as important that we understand the reason behind your request to unlock the item before its time."

What? "before its time"? What time? Does that mean that these locks will expire even though it doesn't say so on the item?

Last thing that I found strange was that they force you to write this: "I understand that there will be no NX refunds given for unlocking my item before its expiration date." somewhere in your letter about unlocking your items. LoL?

7. Default

The way I see it, if the item IS set to be unlocked after a certain period of time, I would just wait it out. You're a ways off from 200, so unlocking it now isn't going to be any different than unlocking in, say, 90 days from now. If it were me, I would just wait it out and see if it unlocks itself on its own.

8. Default

It won't. It's like the hair style tickets. Sure it expires in 90 days, but does that mean you lose your hairstyle in 90 days? No.

9. Harrisonized

Look at the GM's reply. "before it's set to expire." If it lasts forever, why would he say that? Then I'd just wait it out and he could have told me just to wait it out because I didn't send him my security info.

10. Default

They don't expire in KMS that I've ever heard of, maybe Daliah's just as clueless on actual game mechanics as Lallent.

11. Harrisonized

Just wondering, since I know you're a programmer. Can you extract the data on whether or not it expires?

12. Default

That's something that would only be visible in the server side representation of the object. The wz files are only a template, a base model of default values. Anything that modifies those values occurs server side and can only be seen by Nexon.

The previous analogy of hair is suitable though - Your hair coupon may expire, but once you've used it to change your hair from being hair type 11111 to hairtype 111112 that's a permanent change of a property.

There are no time limited changes of that nature. Everything is either a specific value, or it isn't. The only way the locks could expire is if they really still exist somewhere as a physical item and are only bestowing their effects by presence of that item (like the way a friendship ring bestows it's effects until they expire). But because the actual lock item disappears from your inventory when used it doesn't appear to be an "effect" but rather a modifier like a hair coupon.

Also note there are no other "temporary" item effects, making this even less likely to be truly time limited because that requires an additional level of sophistication built into the game.

13. Default

You can get something like a Stirge-on-a-String, lock it, and then try to upgrade it.

Other possibilities for equips that get taken away from you to be upgraded/changed are:
    - Lord Pirate Hat
    - Zenumist/Alcadno cape
    - Raven weapons
    - Crystal Blade
    - Ilbis (not an equip, but can be locked)
    and I'm probably missing tons more.

14. Harrisonized

People have already told me that once the items are locked, they can't come off even through quests.

http://forums.asiasoftsea.net/showthread.php?t=590762

By the way, I read through the ticket again and I'm rather appalled that Nexon would remove the security question from changing password function. It's as if they're saying "if you want a security question, go buy a lock". >_>
    Last edited by Harrisonized; 2009-03-31 at 04:03 AM.

15. Default

i think there are more type of locks in kms, that lock ur item for 30/60/90 days, issac can confirm this

16. Default

Ill check right now... 8r

EDIT: The Lock in KMS dont have an expire date.
    Last edited by Lajsen; 2009-03-31 at 10:25 AM.

17. Default

Confirmation:
    Image Gallery

brb, turning in ticket to unlock worthless for disposal...

18. Default

credits to spadow and insoya:

there are more type of LOCK in KMS, and they expire, 7/30/90 days, maybe the gm got confused with those type of LOCK

Spoiler

its KMST, so maybe its not implemented in KMS yet, idk

19. Default

I realised that I don't have the money to buy a lock xD i thought it was cheaper and I could MTS wasting some mesos.... but it's expensive for me....
    Can anyone else test the expiring + lock?