Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: [Magician] Kanna Skill Build

1. Default Re: Kanna Skill Build

The issue here is how you guys train in GMS.

In JMS, there's no areas to go to that the monsters are so much stronger than you that Shugyoku no Juin is actually even usable. The first situation I made use of it was at Zakum when I was 110 at the time. In GMS, you guys have Jesters and stuff which you go to long before you're at the point where you would level it in this guide and they are much higher level than you, resulting in it being useful much earlier.

It's certainly an option due to this, but in my opinion having your regular attack skills ready and maxed earlier really does it's thing before Juin. Plus, there's the case where people don't go to Jesters and whatever else crap is in GMS to super train, and therefore is useless to them if they play that way.

In the long run, the speed of training at those areas in GMS makes it really a mute point, because by the time it would really matter, you're already leveled and maxed it. How long are you really at Jesters for, or even in 3rd job? A few hours? It doesn't really matter.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Kanna Skill Build

Soul shear is so bad. Too unreliable to ohko mobs consistently, but still useful in a boss situation. Which is why i only have used it to see how it works/looks and never again.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Kanna Skill Build

ITT: People complaining it's too hard to look at the pretty icon pictures to tell which skill is which.

I've never had this problem with previous classes and Kanna is no different.

4. Default Re: Kanna Skill Build

I aint saying he should include it, but it is would save people some time not having to recheck stuff as much. One of the goals a guide should aim for is being user friendly after all.

5. Neutron Male
    IGN: Kill/Nozomi
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Hayato/Shadower
    Guild: Random
    Alliance: Random
    Farm: Never going to touch this
    New_York

It not really it just people are being lazy. Does not take much to alt-tab and match the skills. They can easily just google a guide with the gms names it really isn't that hard to do. Matching things up is something you learn to do at a young age.

6. Default Re: Kanna Skill Build

Having to search for information outside a guide is arguably a shortcoming of said guide. This particular problem is borderline though, you should be able to get enough information through the actual game to be able to use this guide.
    Point is still that the easier the guide is to use, the better it is though.

7. Water Female
    IGN: PlsBuffBT
    Level: 22x
    Job: Beast Tamer
    Guild: Path
    Alliance: Meme
    Farm: Yeiionde
    england

I don't know, I've found Soul Shear really quite useful in places with high HP mobs, like LKC or Monster Park. Although I do agree that Tengu is a much better skill for weak, high spawning, enemies.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

At least for me, I play Maple in Windowed Mode so all I have to do is check the icons a couple times to get the skills they're talking about and I'm good.

9. Default Re: Kanna Skill Build

The mana cost really limits Soul Shear's potential--or maybe that was Nexon's intention, such as with classes like Demonslayers.

Either way, I find my mana better-spent on other skills to find much use for it.

Also, the red orbs are extremely distracting. I wish we can toggle them or something like with Pickpocket.

10. Default Re: Kanna Skill Build

Not only that but the number of objects on screen contributes to processor lag. It used to be that when my screen was full of drops I left, I had to stop and pick up a bunch of stuff to reduce the lag. Now I hit the lag in half the time because of red orbs.

11. Default Re: Kanna Skill Build

I'm bored of this argument. Next time I edit the guide I might change it. If I do I do, if I don't I don't. I'm not going to edit the guide specifically for it though.

I don't think it was ever really meant to be a regular mobbing ability. To that end I agree it should be able to be turned off.

But against bosses that can actually be hit with it (Zakum, not Horntail, etc.), they're also 1 object bosses and as a result you don't generate enough orbs to be able to hit the boss with it more than once.

Curious, how long do the orbs last in GMS? In JMS they only last about 10 seconds or so, not very long at all. I'm wondering if they changed that.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

They seem to last about the same as any dropped object, i.e. 3 minutes. Very, very messy on the screen.

13. Default Re: Kanna Skill Build

I wonder if they changed it in JMS too...I should check.

I didn't like it myself that they only lasted 10 seconds, but 3 minutes is excessive.

14. Neon Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Omnicolor
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Rainbow Paladin
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Erictopia
    usa

Unless you have enough damage to solo Horntail for experience, wouldn't it be better to just skip Koma Koma Sakura, Taima Ryuuseifu, and Kekkai Kikyou and just max Maple Warrior?

Taima Ryuuseifu could be useful if you want to try and dojo early.

15. Default Re: Kanna Skill Build

Taima Ryuuseifu is also useful for any instance where you want to avoid getting stuck with Super Weapon/Magic Defense Up, Damage Reflect, and the like. Koma Koma Sakura is great for healing not only your self, but your party members. Kekkai Kikyou, assuming it works at all, is a great damage boost against any boss.

If you're not going to be bossing at all, sure, you can skip any of those if you want.

16. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

Kekkai Kikyou is broken?

17. Neutron Male
    IGN: Kill/Nozomi
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Hayato/Shadower
    Guild: Random
    Alliance: Random
    Farm: Never going to touch this
    New_York

I think it is still broken in Jms. Probably broken here as well knowing Gms and the way they do their patches. I know for fact Kasen is broken as it doesn't add to your range or show up as damage applied to the monster. I tried smega to tell people in bello but all everyone said is that is it damage is only applied to the monsters not the range.

18. Default Re: Kanna Skill Build

Kekkai Kikyou does not do anything in JMS. You get the buff but it has no effect. I have no idea if it works in GMS.

Kasen is broken in GMS, the Damage buff does not take effect as mentioned above.

19. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

Have these glitches been reported to Nexon?

20. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Would it make a difference if it was? :P