IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default 15% Crit Ring, worth it?

On my level 203 Kanna, I'm considering replacing one of my rings with a 15% Crit Ring (The one that Beast Tamer gives, probably).

I'm not going to replace my Tempest Ring or S Rank Jewel Ring, so the options boil down to Absolute Ring or my Dark Angelic Blessing ring.

Currently, I have 58% Crit with my Marksman card effect and Phantom link skill. 65% with Beast Tamer's level 2 link skill. A 15% crit ring would put me up to 80% crit.

I have around 400k range with just my normal self buffs.

I'm leaning towards replacing the Dark Angelic Blessing, since i'd only be losing around 7 Magic Attack and 7 INT/LUK.
    Is 15% crit worth that drop in stats? It looks worth it to me typed out like this, but I might be missing something.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: 15% Crit Ring, worth it?

DAB, EASILY. Rings that summon things (thunder god ring, dab, wab, ab) are literally the worst things you can have because you can't do anything while they're being summoned and they hinder your movement through the game because of it. Stats wise, the 15% crit ring would beat the stats, at least imo.

3. Default Re: 15% Crit Ring, worth it?

ditch the dabr, it's awful

4. Default Re: 15% Crit Ring, worth it?

What do you mean by 65% with beast tamer? Wasnt the link skill boss dmg and the character card ignore def?

5. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

Apparently the link skill is now 7% boss, 7% crit, 4% hp/mp

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

For level 120*, which should be assumed anyway since a vast majority of people are reasonable, have lives, and won't get a mule character to 210.

7. Default Re: 15% Crit Ring, worth it?

0.65 * (1.2 + 1.5) / 2 + 0.35 = 1.2275x
    0.8 * (1.2 + 1.5) / 2 + 0.2 = 1.28x

1.28 / 1.2275 = 4.2% damage increase

That's better than 7 Magic Attack and 7 INT/LUK.

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Aha! I was hoping some smart cookie would do some maths for me :)

Thanks a bunch everyone!
    I'm looking forward to doing loads of crits with Vanquisher's Charm :D

9. Default Re: 15% Crit Ring, worth it?

=(
    why the f'uck did I get Xenon to level 210 seriously fml

OT: DABR, but you already knew that anyway =P

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Lmfao the funniest thing is that i called it being intended the second you found out about it

11. Default Re: 15% Crit Ring, worth it?

Does Beast Tamer even have any skills past 120? I looked through the extraction and the highest ones are 120, which leads me to believe you'd only level up more to unlock the other 3 spirit animals you hadn't had enough SP for yet.

Or if you want to use that sick party-buff (% exp, % crit, atk, ...) in somewhere with a level limit.

12. Default Re: 15% Crit Ring, worth it?

@Razmos I know this is offtopic but a friend wanted me to ask, since EMS doesnt have kanna hypers yet.

What exactly does your non bind hyper do? Just another ultimate that ignores DR (if so, does it trigger the monkey skill or is it safe to cast it)?
    Does max mp (15%) increase kanna's mana pool or are you stuck with 100 mana for good?

Thanks in advance.

13. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

The 150 Hyper is Blackhearted Curse, which is an aura skill like Fire/Poison, Ice/Lightning Mages and Hayato's Aura skills that do continuous damage to enemies around you. It bypasses Damage Reflect and Magic Cancel, I think, but it's currently bugged so that it activates Monkey Spirits, which can activate Damage Reflect.

And no, Kanna's mana pool never goes over 100, it's a massive pain and I don't understand why they've limited the class so much, especially when her damage isn't that great to begin with.

14. Default Re: 15% Crit Ring, worth it?

Personally I dont think having it at 100 is an issue, its rather that the skills cost so much that you have to be way too careful with what you use, especially at magnus. I mean especially the binding skills, why on earth should it take 80% of your mana pool when ds only takes 1/3, and they have better ways to regain it.

15. Default Re: 15% Crit Ring, worth it?

I'm glad someone knows how to use the crit damage formula in a smart way.

Use your DABR to make WABR...? =P Sells well I think. If you can get a Primal Essence, that is.

Hadriel