Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default The Backstory of Demon and Damian

Did anyone who has completed the KMS Masteria quests on your DS/DA and came across a quest which they talk a little bit about their hometown, Masteria? This is really unexpected though and I'm kinda surprised that Nexon actually bother to add an extra quest for them. I have ss-ed down part of the questline, badly-translated as usual (This is MSEA), but I wouldn't mind as long as i can understand it.

Spoiler

I hope you guys can do me a favor, help me ss down the properly-translated one

Then, i was told by my friend that Nexon recently released a comic about Damian, which is kinda related with this storyline. After some searching, I found out that maplf has translated it and the comic is currently in his tumblr. You may view the comic here:

1st: http://maplf.tumblr.com/post/6139208...l-webtoon-ch-1
    2nd: http://maplf.tumblr.com/post/6240494...l-webtoon-ch-2
    3rd: http://spadow.wordpress.com/2013/10/...ian-chapter-3/
    4th: http://maplf.tumblr.com/post/6562103...l-webtoon-ch-4
    5th: http://maplf.tumblr.com/post/6755859...al-webtoon-ch5

OMG, this is getting really interesting
    Last edited by Pythagoras; 2014-04-06 at 09:46 PM.

2. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

now the real question is what made the demons want to move from masteria to leafre, as thats where you know, his family died.

3. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

Well, according to the comic, the Demons drove them out because they were two half-bloods living with their human mother, they had no choice but to leave or stick around and probably eventually end up the victims of a hate crime.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

What kind of mother names her child "Demon"? srsly.

5. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

But... but...

Demon & Damien!

6. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

Ran through the quest on my Demon Slayer real quick, since the dialogue isn't in the data for some reason, too lazy to crop, including Mastema's dialogue as well, you can see it here: http://imgur.com/a/L13oh

Basically, Demon says it was hard growing up as a demon among humans, he says he heard Masteria fell because they weren't united under a single, powerful ruler, and he joined the Black Mage so he wouldn't have to see that happen. Then he resolves not to follow another monster like the Black Mage again, and then decides to fight to protect what he has, rather than to advance a grand ideal that he may not be able to see in the end and addresses his assertion to his brother.

7. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

I find it pretty dang lame that KMS uses the term Masteria at all.
    In the GMS masterpiece it actually had meaning, but here they just slapped it on to their borrowed pixels and stolen story elements. And for what? To try to build on the hype? To save time? I don't get it at all.

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

While I know why people loved Masteria... I think it's a good thing that KMS is making Masteria into something.

because lets face it, no matter how good Masteria was in it's heyday, it's nothing now. all of it's potential has been squandered, everything that people loved about it is now gone, or different, or ruined.

Why not let Nexon re-use Masteria's assets and create something new and exciting? the old Masteria is likely never going to get that and will never be the same as it used to be, no matter what happens.

9. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

Wow, thanks a lot. Your version is much understandable but I wouldn't deny the fact that the "Damian get bullied" part is true and portrayed in the comic.

How could they so cruel enough to bully such a cute and innocent kid..?

10. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

Only, they aint really making it into something. It is just an area out of smoke and mirrors at this point, and I seriously doubt they will expand upon it, let alone in a way that would be meaningful in this context.

It would have been better to just call it something else and let Masteria die with dignity than to make bastardizations like this. It is not like they are saving the spirit of Masteria, they are just taking Crimsonwood Keep out of context and slapping some thin story on it, just like they have with every piece of "borrowed" exclusive area so far.

If you (or others) did not experience the original first hand when it was released or during its golden age I get why you question this though.

11. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

something about this bothers me.
    It seems like they are ignoring the whole existence of Christopher Crimsonheart and Subani and....well everything.

12. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

what about matt demon?

13. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

Or Demon Hill

14. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

The only thing that KMasteriaS and GMasteriaS share is the name and the maps and the mobs.
    Backstory is ENTIRELY different.

15. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

Elite warriors are those masters? :S
    "Strong dominator" is Chrisopher Crimsonheart? :S
    Black Magician is... that thing with 6/8 hands?

My imagination.....

Demons are from Versal/
    Last edited by Avior; 2013-09-23 at 03:36 PM.

16. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

That's the problem, they totally discarded Masterias assets, which are its story, the party quest and most of its music. On the contrary, they made it into another area irrelevant to the flow of the game's main story. Even with the detail of it being DS' hometown, it i just something he mentions and thats it. They definitely could have done so much more.

Now this is something I don't really agree with, and I was there back when Masteria was released. You're basically saying nothing is better to a bad version of it. Now if that helped the chances that we could still get something good for masteria in the future I would agree, but as things stand now NexAm would screw masteria even more if they tried to update it. My point is, there is definitely no joy, but no harm with this update, much less if you consider NexAm has kept the old one untouched aswell so there's nothing stopping NexAm of doing something with it if they really wanted to.

17. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

I just want them to revert the alien invasion changes.

18. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

19. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

Dear god, such trash. What ever are they doing calling this official?

20. Default Re: Masteria, the hometown of Demon brothers...

Remember that Masteria is a big continent... maybe there are 2 parts who has different stories... but maybe it's time to develop the Global one once at all.