Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

Let's keep the vague approach, and let's do it with a new guy with limited english skills!

As if they have not had a preliminary date set internally since the launch of Alpha?
    Last edited by CarrionCrow; 2014-08-20 at 10:25 AM.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

5 bucks says Nexon NA are still being massive wieners about letting them take back the game to do globally. That or they really lacked the translators/tech people to get the game done in an efficient fashion.

3. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

Oh look another irrelevant fluff update!

These kinds of posts are fun; When you don't have the entire fan base gasping for air. Soon they'll all be out of oxygen, dammit all.

4. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

Fluff ohoy!

5. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

You know, I tried the slayer. I'm debating on whether to go Asura or Soul Bender.

6. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

Soul Bender if you like the dark emo style with ghosts and tomb stones. The Asura has more of a samurai-ish style with force waves.

I would have gone with the Bender, had not the male Mage and his glorious ice path caught my fancy.

7. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

What about gameplay-wise?

8. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

I can't say which is better, but the Bender summons ghost circles on the ground in which he wants his foes to stay, and his skills revolve mostly around that.
    The Asura is more of a normal sword fighter but with longer range due to his force wave thingy.

9. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

Oh, I think I wanna balance my magic/physical fighters.

10. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

The more time goes by, the more IGNs I realize I want to use.

11. Water

IGN: FasterHarder
    Server: Dirgie
    Level: 85
    Job: HotSexyRedhead
    Guild: TeamRocket/Doggies

In current KDNF, For anton Soul bender is better. Asura is still a very strong class. Can't go wrong with either of them.

@karen SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNN NNNN.

12. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

The more time goes by, the more I simply want to play.

EDIT: I wonder how much thunder Neople is loosing by being this slow and worse, this silent.

This way they'll just keep the extreme hardcore players. All the casuals they'd hook are long gone by now, unless they have a killer marketing scheme up their sleeves. I kind of doubt that though, listening to that guy in the video talking, and seeing the translation of the Slayer intro gives the impression that they lack certain key skills.
    Last edited by CarrionCrow; 2014-09-08 at 12:05 PM.

13. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

So they are seriously going to post this minor stuff once a week? Launch is now set 8 weeks from now at the earliest then, if every base character are going to get their own weekly entry?

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

I almost feel like they're going to kill the hype for the game.

15. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

Going to? More like did.

They should have prepared the next step if the Alpha went as hoped before launching.

I'm not sure I want to invest time if the company running the game is so unstructured. It is like Nexon all over again.

16. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

To be fair, the Alpha was more of a test to gauge the amount of interest in the game from the NA playerbase.
    It's somewhat unreasonable to expect them to pour resources into making a new client and publishing the game when the alpha test itself was trying to gauge if the expenditure of resources was worth it. Not to mention the fact that the alpha test went poorly according to "their standards", which hints that they didn't begin working on the new client until the later part of the alpha after they decided the game was worth republishing.

It's also gonna take a while even from now, since they seem to be rebuilding a new client from scratch. They probably have killed a lot of the hype in this interim period, but it should come right back if/when the game comes back with all the new content from the past 2 years. The hype from the Alpha was generated purely from word of mouth -- it should be easy enough to regain that hype when the game re-releases.
    Last edited by Shiranui; 2014-09-13 at 04:13 PM.

17. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

Yep, pretty much everything you said. Personally, I'm happy to wait several more months to get the game that we all wanted in the first place. I wouldn't call them incompetent or slow by any means. No one is sure exactly how this re-launch is going to go, so I would hold my judgments until we get closer to a definite launch date and start to see some advertising (something I hope they really follow through with, because it can potentially make or break the game).

18. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

This.
    Even with that in mind, it still hasn't even met their standards.
    Source: https://www.facebook.com/dfoglobal/p...906591/?type=1

It still hasn't quite hit the mark but they're only bringing it back because of the comments left by the community. They didn't even start the translations until early/mid July it seems (Alpha testing ended mid June).
    2 months is not enough time to translate years worth of new material. If I had to put an estimate on when it'll be back, shoot for Q4 2014/Q1 2015.

19. Default Re: The return of Dungeon Fighter Online (Beta TBA!).

Someone is really antsy and needs to chill out a bit more I think :3

20. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

I really hope all this waiting hasn't driven away the casual players and only leaving the hardcore people left. We need every single player possible to help DFO prosper when Neople is done with their work. Bad financial start, and the game may as well get the plug pulled again.