Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: [Game Over] A Song of Ice and Mafia TOWN WINS

1. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

^I think it's pretty safe to say MAUNCE RAYDUH is the GF.

2. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

If Mance Rayder sent in an elite group to infiltrate us, the prime suspicion would fall on someone who not only knew the wall inside and out, but had spent time amongst the Wildlings as well. The flavor of the original post implies that Mance himself is not part of the infiltrating squad (and in the books, was indeed not part of the group that went over the wall with Jon). I do agree that he is known for disguising himself, but I don't see him as being part of the invasion from inside.

Key words: has sent. Not "is leading." He is leading an invading force - he can't afford to leave his camp leaderless in the meantime, especially when he's the only thing barely keeping them together.

Then again, the books never had an infiltrating force in the first place...so...
    *Shrug*

At any rate, @Salguod; denied the claim as Jon Snow, so it's a moot point atm.

3. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

I think you're reading a bit too much into that :P

4. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

You send things away from yourself. If you're with whatever the object/person in question, you're not "sending" them at all. Words mean things :)

With that being said, I could easily see it being "misinformation" on the part of Mance and crew (a wording error on @Holypie;'s part)

5. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

Maspan you gotta remember that what i said about it not being exactly like the books/show. I think its characters and doesnt go into that much detail for lack of a better word

6. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

Agreed. That being said, I'm keying more on word choice than book flavor with that comment. It's still a tangent that I don't think is relevant overall - IF there is a Mance in the game, it's not like he'd roleclaim anyway.

7. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

Just to be sure, the Day ends at 11pm in which timezone?

I'm comfortable holding my vote on Niernen. I know most people can throw around the "I suck at D1" excuse, but it's who I feel most at ease voting off.

8. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

My vote has been removed from Verrkol. No idea at this point of who to vote for.

9. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

... I think I do :c the votes I honed in on were rather votes that I saw as "really random", and from the looks of it most of them were indeed random votes. I saw intent in your vote, and while it's not exactly intent I can explain I can somewhat justify your vote to myself.

Yep, definitely. Meow's removed her no lynch vote regardless, though so we shouldn't dwell too much on it.

How is getting a day 1 no lynch particularly weird? They have to put up a really strong argument to pull it off, and we can look for those who supported it and voted no lynch and those who supported it but didn't vote no lynch (the most suspicious of all).

With mafia-behaviour predictions: given the state of the game I think it's likely that the mafia might try to pull a lot of diverting 'fluff' talk about the game in later days. I can see it easily become an issue, but I'm willing to 'excuse' it today since Day 1 is always iffy.

I don't know, for such an "easy lynch" Luv has yet to be killed D1. We shouldn't be afraid to be suspicious of him just because he's considered an easy lynch- I can't help but feel like that was exactly what Niernen was trying to discourage us of last game.
    @Salguod; I figured as much, but I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't intent that I had missed behind the vote :)

That said, while Luv's arguments are pretty wishy-washy, I doubt he's mafia- the other mafia members would be trying to keep him in check, unless they're trying to pull a bus-luv-to-divert-attention kinda thing again. Which doesn't even make sense in this context as nobody's gotten a second vote yet.

10. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

Though it was random at the time, I'm growing a little more suspicious of @ChaoticCJ; as time goes by because his only post has been to defend himself when I threw that vote out there.

@MetaSeraphim; may be another solid candidate because of his stated disinterest in the game. Whether it's just an excuse to lay low or if he's actually just not interested, he should be a safe enough lynch if it comes to that.

And Luv would be a possible third candidate.

11. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

In theory, it'd make sense to vote off inactive folks, but it's hard for me to be gung-ho about that because last game pretty much every inactive ended up being a townsperson :/

I guess it won't matter if they aren't contributing anyway.

12. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

I dont like meow voting for no lynch with a shotty reason then removing the no lynch vote after being called out on it, and without saying anything else to boot. The day one no lynch votes are notorious for not working and getting people to talk about how its bad for town so im not sure what meow was thinking

13. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

would it have been better if i would have not voted at all and just said some useless banter? i couldnt even if i wanted to...i have literally nothing lighthearted or funny to say sadly :(

14. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

[Vote]: @Olsi;

Spoiler
    Last edited by VerrKol; 2014-09-02 at 08:02 PM.

15. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

@VerrKol; Care to share?

So far it looks like Luv and Meow became suspicious from the whole no lynch things. Meow dropped it fast when people became suspicious, but its probably that either side would do that. Luv's reasoning for lynching mewo wasn't that great, but lynching someone that wants a no lynch is a valid strategy.

For Meta's vanilla townie, I'll assume that this is not a power heavy game (although I have no idea). If he is a vanilla townie, we gain nothing by lynching him, and will just waste a day. It is also possible that he claimed it so people wouldn't be too suspicious of him. He has been a little quite this game, but it has been a quite game overall. For now I will leave him alone.

ChaoticCJ has only spoken to defend himself, and Thebirds has only posted flavor. Seeing how thebirds always gets away with being silent, [Vote] Thebirds. I'll remove it if they speak up more (not just flavor, they usually have some good points or insights), or something else changes.

16. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

So, again, I'm suspicious for being different from the others. Oh well.

17. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

The only problem with this theory for Luv is that Luv didn't vote for meowmixx because meowmixx was doing a No Lynch. He voted for meowmixx exclusively under the pretense of inactivity. Meowmixx later voted for a no lynch.

TheBirds is infamous for being inactive...but I must agree. We shouldn't let them do it again this game. I don't know why we let him get away with it every game (although, to be fair, I was dead by Day 3 last game, so I couldn't do anything about it). That being said I'm still not a big fan of an inactivity Day 1 lynch, but I'm not really sure what else to do. The only person I'm suspicious of for a reason other than inactivity is Luv right now, and I must admit that could have just been an honest mistake. Then again I bought it last game and it bit us in the ass. Then again again, meta-gaming 2 stronk.

No, you're suspicious for making a bad vote and poorly backing it up. We've all done it before.

18. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

Lmao my god, you all really don't like Olsi eh?

19. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

I'm inclined to follow VerrKol's vote on Olsi for reasons I already stated, if anything to get at least one person with more than 1 vote.

[Vote] Olsi

20. Default Re: A Song of Ice and Mafia Day 1

Seriously? Verrkol literally gave no reason and your previously stated reason for voting on niernen or me or a little silly since many people have posted one post fluff. also with your vote i have three votes on me for extremely weak or absolutely no reason